IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-07-2008, 08:26 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
damn its over..

untiss untiss..........

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles

Last edited by Wikedjuggalo; 04-15-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:16 AM

Re: damn its over..

Actually yeah. It was a bout 9 years ago now, but for me..... the other guy was my best friend of 5 years. We were the friends that had everything in common.... we looked like brothers, we acted pretty much the same, even have the same first name... The part I could never figure out is that I was always a little more successful and treated my ladies better... I saw the signs before either of them would admit it. In my case after all the frustration and obvious thoughts.... and after they got a little too friendly with each other (she didn't have the courtesy to say anything to me or break up), I ended up breaking up with her.... and I have to say I was cruel... but it was honestly for her best interest.... I didn't want to give her something to look back at..... it killed me to do it, but I knew we all needed it.

they moved out of state and got married..... it lasted almost four years, then I saw their divorce on the local circuit court access.... they had moved back into state and hit a speed bump..... he came home (their ehem' mobile home) from work (big cheese shift manager at Culvers!) one day and she was gone.... when he tried to call her to see where she and all her stuff was, she was in Arkansas, apparently she had already set everything up for someone to come get her moments after he left for work.

So now, I can laugh when their names come up.... even though for one reason or another I miss them both
Old 09-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

How old are you Wiked? I bet you are in your early 20's. Now I am 29 years old, what I did in my life with women no guy has done or experienced. My advice to you is one thing:
Now you are in the best years of your life. With all due respect for the ladies of this board, I feel I need to share my experience and the outcome of it, I tell you this (I am dead serious about it) Do not date sensitive and nice women, rather live the life of a womanizer.

You may feel shocked now, but this is my point of view: You see what happened to you now because of "Love". Don't let this ruin you again and again until you reach marriage one day, because and believe when I say this, you will realize that your heart became stone cold until then and you will feel obligated to get married or else you become "just another old guy".

Each break-up leaves a scar on your heart. The more you keep that heart smooth the more you will feel and live Love later on. Otherwise, marriage will be like any other relationship you've ever been into and you will always feel like you are on the edge of "Divorce".

Just live your life, date women for pleasure so that when the time comes and you meet the right girl, you will have 25+ years of love to give just for that right girl...

U're on your own now...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:50 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXyGirl Send a message via Yahoo to SVXyGirl
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear View Post
Just live your life, date women for pleasure so that when the time comes and you meet the right girl, you will have 25+ years of love to give just for that right girl...

U're on your own now...
I actually agree with this...and I'm a girl. I'm 22 and I'm not anywhere near concerned about finding the "right one". Enjoy your twenties. Live life to it's fullest. If you find the "right one" along the way. Good for you!
92 Claret SVX LS-L (180k) 09/91 #5,732
06 Suzuki Boulevard M50 7k
68 Cadillac Coupe DeVille (70k) Storage/hibernation for now.

Past SVXs:
94 SVX Emerald Pearl FWD (Sold)
96 SVX Bourdeaux LSi (Sold)
92 Pearl SVX LSL "Stay Puft" 5MT (140k) #148 (RIP)
95 Brilliant Red SVX LS (162k) 12/94 #564 "Killer Tomato" (RIP)

Old 09-07-2008, 10:20 AM

I have to agree with both of these..... most importantly, I am married now and I have to say the 'right one' is NEVER there when you're looking for them. We all take it for granted when we hear someone say "the one you ended up with", and it really means just that.... you ended up stumbling across them in life and it fell together perfectly. So to sum up in three words .... don't search, play. It's far better to long for love that you don't have, than it is to be consumed by love you thought you had. ..... ... and probably didn't to be honest....
Old 09-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Mechanical 'L' plater ahead

I also agree with the others - live your life to the full and don't be in too much of a hurry to settle down. But I'd add two caveats;

1. For some people settling down while they're young is the right thing for them. Only you know whether its true for you or not - give yourself the space to find out.

2. You can date 'casually' without being a jerk and hurting others. All it takes is honesty.

Quote:
She told me..... she wanted a break to take a step back. I gave her space and left her alone. I didnt call and plead and beg or anything.
To manage that takes guts, self control and integrity. Good on you for that, may you never lose them.

All the best,

Tania.

No plants = no life on earth - so go forth and plant green things!
Old 09-07-2008, 08:58 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantchick View Post
I also agree with the others - live your life to the full and don't be in too much of a hurry to settle down. But I'd add two caveats;

1. For some people settling down while they're young is the right thing for them. Only you know whether its true for you or not - give yourself the space to find out.

2. You can date 'casually' without being a jerk and hurting others. All it takes is honesty.

To manage that takes guts, self control and integrity. Good on you for that, may you never lose them.

All the best,

Tania.
It was about the hardest thing to do in my life. To do the opposite of what my heart told me to do. But the right one is out there, and I had to vent. Trust me when she told me it was over, I felt like screaming and yelling, but I didn't I simple told her how I loved her and how I hope everything works out for her. Also that she doesn't feel the pain she left me with ever in her life. I wish that on no one. It will do nothing but hurt me more to try and be vindictive.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 09-07-2008, 09:46 PM
building more AK47's

Feel your pain also. Wife of 9 yrs wanted divorce 2 days after my birthday. She told me "we would be together forever". Whatever. My focus is on our 2 kids now and making it as easy for them as possible. Disconnect from her and move on, enjoy what life you have left and realize there are 6+ billion people in the world....your match is out there somewhere even if it isnt right away. Being single aint that bad, you have the bed to yourself, you dont have to explain where your money goes, you can look at whoever interests you and the list goes on. Trust me I was a prisoner for 9 yrs always being asked why I got home 2 min later than yesterday and found out she was messin around with someone else I thought about cheating but never did, knew I could be better than that. Now counting down the days till divorce is final 70 days to go yay
Old 09-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX

I thought I had found the love of my life and was married for 8 years. We had a son together and she took off with a good friend of mine. Well, I thought he was a friend. And she returned to take the shirt off of my back. That has been over 9 years ago and I still don't know if I will ever be able to trust anyone else. I know what you are going through, but imagine if you had been married for 8 to 10 years, or longer and she split. I would not wish that on anyone. I am sorry that you are going through that. I hope the best for you in the future.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 09-07-2008, 10:13 PM
What do you mean wrong SVX?

This is retarded. I feel for you Wiked, but I think the advice everyone is giving you is off. For the most part, I think it all depends on what a relationship is based on. Love alone will not do. A simple set of beliefs, a few hobbies, financial stability, etc. are all important things to considor as well. Everyone in this country is in love with the idea of falling in love, and that's what leads to a 52% divorce rate.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:15 PM
What do you mean wrong SVX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iizbeastie View Post
Actually yeah. It was a bout 9 years ago now, but for me..... the other guy was my best friend of 5 years. We were the friends that had everything in common.... we looked like brothers, we acted pretty much the same, even have the same first name... The part I could never figure out is that I was always a little more successful and treated my ladies better... I saw the signs before either of them would admit it. In my case after all the frustration and obvious thoughts.... and after they got a little too friendly with each other (she didn't have the courtesy to say anything to me or break up), I ended up breaking up with her.... and I have to say I was cruel... but it was honestly for her best interest.... I didn't want to give her something to look back at..... it killed me to do it, but I knew we all needed it.

they moved out of state and got married..... it lasted almost four years, then I saw their divorce on the local circuit court access.... they had moved back into state and hit a speed bump..... he came home (their ehem' mobile home) from work (big cheese shift manager at Culvers!) one day and she was gone.... when he tried to call her to see where she and all her stuff was, she was in Arkansas, apparently she had already set everything up for someone to come get her moments after he left for work.

So now, I can laugh when their names come up.... even though for one reason or another I miss them both
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
I thought I had found the love of my life and was married for 8 years. We had a son together and she took off with a good friend of mine. Well, I thought he was a friend. And she returned to take the shirt off of my back. That has been over 9 years ago and I still don't know if I will ever be able to trust anyone else. I know what you are going through, but imagine if you had been married for 8 to 10 years, or longer and she split. I would not wish that on anyone. I am sorry that you are going through that. I hope the best for you in the future.
These two make me the most upset. I hope the best for both of you, and the worst for those that hurt you.
Old 09-07-2008, 10:28 PM
Hater

women are like parking spaces .... w-h-o-r-e-s and liars.

is "w-h-o-r-e-s" really censored out on this site? jesus.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-07-2008, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
It was about the hardest thing to do in my life. To do the opposite of what my heart told me to do. But the right one is out there, and I had to vent. Trust me when she told me it was over, I felt like screaming and yelling, but I didn't I simple told her how I loved her and how I hope everything works out for her. Also that she doesn't feel the pain she left me with ever in her life. I wish that on no one. It will do nothing but hurt me more to try and be vindictive.
It had to have been hard - its why I wanted to say I respected it.

Its easy to say we have a belief or principle, much harder to live it when crunch time comes. So to me your last sentence says it all - even though you were hurting, you managed to act with integrity, self respect and dignity. I think that's something to feel good about yourself for.

Take care.

Last edited by plantchick; 09-08-2008 at 03:23 AM. Reason: 'cause I didn't make sense.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
women are like parking spaces .... w-h-o-r-e-s and liars.

is "w-h-o-r-e-s" really censored out on this site? jesus.

I'm glad I'm not so jaded that I think all men are jerks.

But if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Old 09-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

lol plantchick, you are right

Actually I see women more sensitive than guys... so we are really Jerks

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.