How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 04-18-2008, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorSVXette View Post
...known working MAF If you swaped it with a "known working maf" and it still didn't start ...... I am guessing that that "known working MAF" was NOT working
Thats right, I have 2 SVX'es. The other one ran fine only the transmision pooped.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:54 AM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
My question was, how can that be a "working" MAF when you put it in the car and it still didn't run? You say that the car it came from was running but when you put it in the other one it still didn't run. If the problem was the original MAF which you fixed by soldering the wires, then the one that you pulled from the "running" car stopped working also, correct?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 04-19-2008, 11:40 AM

Maybe a MAF...

Quote:
My question was, how can that be a "working" MAF when you put it in the car and it still didn't run? You say that the car it came from was running but when you put it in the other one it still didn't run. If the problem was the original MAF which you fixed by soldering the wires, then the one that you pulled from the "running" car stopped working also, correct?
Is not the problem...not the reason the car doesn't run?

Maybe the MAF has nothing to do with it not running.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:29 PM
SVX- My daily driving Corvette

Send a message via AIM to CorSVXette
Classic SVX
I don't know. I am totally confused. Maybe I am reading this thread wrong. First he said the car didn't run and they told him the MAF was no good, so he took a "good MAF" from a "running car" and it still didn't work, then he took the MAF off again and had the wires re-soldered and it is running like a charm. My confusion was, if the problem was the MAF, how come it didn't run when he put in the MAF from the "running car"? Was that MAF bad also?
1995 Corolla
2003 Highlander
Old 04-19-2008, 01:54 PM

sometimes...

Quote:
I don't know. I am totally confused. Maybe I am reading this thread wrong. First he said the car didn't run and they told him the MAF was no good, so he took a "good MAF" from a "running car" and it still didn't work, then he took the MAF off again and had the wires re-soldered and it is running like a charm. My confusion was, if the problem was the MAF, how come it didn't run when he put in the MAF from the "running car"? Was that MAF bad also?
I wish we could just "re-boot" our mind
or maybe de-frag would be a better choice.

Take care,
Keith
Old 04-20-2008, 10:29 AM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwren View Post
I wish we could just "re-boot" our mind
or maybe de-frag would be a better choice.

Take care,
Keith
I am sorry for being so vague, I will tell you the complete story.
I was going to buy a SVX here in Houston that would only run in first gear, (The motor ran great) so before I bought it I called a local transmission shop and asked if they could fix it. They said yes, so I bought it. after it was repaired it ran for two months, then back to the shop. They said it was internal and they would have to pull it again. they found some things were wrong with it, among one of the thing was that the pinion and ring gears had broken teeth, and they could not find a replacement for it. After three month of waiting and calling them about my car I told them if they can't find the part then buy a rebuilt one from ECUTune. I offered to pay more money. they did not go for that. They said they had put to much money in it already. After two month of waiting and calling I just brought it home.
I found another SVX in Detroit.....And now you know the rest of the story
Old 04-20-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manta View Post
I am sorry for being so vague, I will tell you the complete story.
I was going to buy a SVX here in Houston that would only run in first gear, (The motor ran great) so before I bought it I called a local transmission shop and asked if they could fix it. They said yes, so I bought it. after it was repaired it ran for two months, then back to the shop. They said it was internal and they would have to pull it again. they found some things were wrong with it, among one of the thing was that the pinion and ring gears had broken teeth, and they could not find a replacement for it. After three month of waiting and calling them about my car I told them if they can't find the part then buy a rebuilt one from ECUTune. I offered to pay more money. they did not go for that. They said they had put to much money in it already. After two month of waiting and calling I just brought it home.
I found another SVX in Detroit.....And now you know the rest of the story
The only way the MAF from the first SVX would have gone bad would be by just sitting there to long not being used. I won't know untill I get the transmission fixed and running again.