Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Parts For Sale

Old 12-07-2007, 06:45 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo View Post
Any involvement in community discussions or any reward generally associated with involvement (posting items for sale, tech support, etc.). IMO, it's not really a "ban" if you can just have a friend post your information.
The ban was from posting on this Network, nothing more. I see where you are coming from and it is a valid view, but not the only one.

This Network exists to provide SVX owners and fans with any information and help that may keep their cars on the road. In doing so it provides a community forum where members can discuss SVX topics and other topics with like-minded people.

Part of the service is making people aware where they can get parts and where they can get service and help.

We don't have a rule that says any business serving the SVX community must be a member here before we will make notice of their location or services available to members.

In that respect another valid view is that making the general membership aware that good value or good service is to be had from a business, even a business whose boss has been banned from posting, such a service is more beneficial to the members and the SVX community at large using this Forum than the necessity to remain small minded about bans or past history.

And that's what the Network is here for, to help SVX owners with problems, parts and keeping their cars running.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-08-2007, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
I go to the junk yard (Harry's u-pull it) to get most of my parts. These are cars that cannot be saved.
Thats great, but for the record Jason gets a lot of his parts from scrap yards as well, and when it comes to parting out other cars that he's bought and paid for, if he hadn't bought them, they'd have likely ended up at the scrap yard as well.

If you felt that strongly about it these cars being parted out, you could've offered to buy them from him and "saved" them and until Jason rips people off like other past members have done, the information on parts, or anything else he has for sale if fully entilted to be posted here, even if he is no longer a member of the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
So once again, i ask you not question my motivation until you know how it is operated
I've never questioned your motivation, and when it comes to this thread there is/was no reason to question, as it was fully obvious.

My final $0.02 on this thread is this, as I said before, I've met both you and Jason, I've got nothing against either of you but while you may be a nice guy and talented mechanic the YoungTom moniker fit's you well as you've still got some growing up to do...........

Last edited by Rotorflyr; 12-08-2007 at 05:37 AM.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:47 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxistentialist View Post
The ban was from posting on this Network, nothing more. I see where you are coming from and it is a valid view, but not the only one.

This Network exists to provide SVX owners and fans with any information and help that may keep their cars on the road. In doing so it provides a community forum where members can discuss SVX topics and other topics with like-minded people.

Part of the service is making people aware where they can get parts and where they can get service and help.

We don't have a rule that says any business serving the SVX community must be a member here before we will make notice of their location or services available to members.

In that respect another valid view is that making the general membership aware that good value or good service is to be had from a business, even a business whose boss has been banned from posting, such a service is more beneficial to the members and the SVX community at large using this Forum than the necessity to remain small minded about bans or past history.

And that's what the Network is here for, to help SVX owners with problems, parts and keeping their cars running.

Joe
I can see this viewpoint as well.

This forum is definitely more relaxed with it's rules and reprimanding than others I have participated in. In most other cases, once you're gone, you're gone, and you become "he whose name should not be spoken".

Whether this is a benefit or a downfall of subaru-svx.net is open for debate.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 12-08-2007, 04:46 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by SubaSteevo View Post
I can see this viewpoint as well.

This forum is definitely more relaxed with it's rules and reprimanding than others I have participated in. In most other cases, once you're gone, you're gone, and you become "he whose name should not be spoken".

Whether this is a benefit or a downfall of subaru-svx.net is open for debate.
We do prefer to assume most people on here are adults, and should not require editing their posts like children in kindergarten.

From time to time we are proved wrong

We do actually have some former members in the category you mention. They are generally of the type who have fallen in love with the sound of their own voice, and who keep on talking when they should be listening.

In the case of Budfreak, we have mentioned before that we only know of one case where a customer was not happy, and we know of very many where the customers speak very highly. This must carry weight, when so many members need a good place to work on their cars.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
We do prefer to assume most people on here are adults, and should not require editing their posts like children in kindergarten.

From time to time we are proved wrong

We do actually have some former members in the category you mention. They are generally of the type who have fallen in love with the sound of their own voice, and who keep on talking when they should be listening.

In the case of Budfreak, we have mentioned before that we only know of one case where a customer was not happy, and we know of very many where the customers speak very highly. This must carry weight, when so many members need a good place to work on their cars.

Yay Joe! It's nice to read reason.

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram
Old 12-16-2007, 02:51 PM

Send a message via AIM to wannarace928 Send a message via Yahoo to wannarace928
Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozykat View Post
Yay Joe! It's nice to read reason.
I agree, thanks Joe!
2009 Subaru Forester - Mileage Junky
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
2017 Ford Mustang GT 6spd
Old 12-16-2007, 03:06 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
You are welcome.

We try hard to keep a sense of balance and be reasonable at all times.

When personal disagreements and arguments between members happen, that's when reason goes out the window.

As Steevo says, we do [purposely] keep a hands-off approach in moderating, and by and large we are rewarded by most people keeping it sane and civil.

Most people would prefer to be treated like adults, with respect, and we would hope to hear from you by PM if you think we are being too lenient. Thanks for the support.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Still Don't

I STILL don't understand why he was banned while there are still a few (at least a couple) that do more than he ever did.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-18-2007, 08:53 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Sequel

Quote:

And--I think if anyone would check--the original complaint by the dissatisfied customer was unfounded and in fact turned out to be another problem totally unrelated to the work done by Budfreak. It would be interesting for that customer to correct the initial accusations jumped on by other members here. Just my .02.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 12-18-2007, 02:56 PM

Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
And--I think if anyone would check--the original complaint by the dissatisfied customer was unfounded and in fact turned out to be another problem totally unrelated to the work done by Budfreak. It would be interesting for that customer to correct the initial accusations jumped on by other members here. Just my .02.

Lee

Lee is right, I read a while ago where "the dissatisfied customer" had posted he believed the problem was fixed by replacing the MAF.
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Old 12-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post

Lee
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannarace928 View Post
Lee is right, I read a while ago where "the dissatisfied customer" had posted he believed the problem was fixed by replacing the MAF.
Since this is the direction that you want to take this thread, I'll give my input. I was insomnic the night of the confrontation between Jason and Michael Blue. I read all of the posts before they were edited/deleted.

I grew up in a family business in a service related industry. Of the 20 years in the business, 16 were spent managing various locations with staffs of customer service professionals. If I ever would have witnessed an employee treating a customer the way Jason did that night, they would be fired before the phone hit the cradle. Whether your customer is right or wrong, there is a way to treat them. The way Jason handled it that night was not the right way.

I realize that this isn't a business, but the principals remain. Jason chose to do business on this forum, he should know that he needs to treat the forum and it's members in professional matter.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:32 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Well, I dunno about any of you, especially the ones that are talking negatively about Jason, but here it goes:

My relationship with him started way back, I think he was one of the first members I had a contact with.

We became best "internet" friends, he helped me a lot through some needs, kept his word as a gentleman. A while back, I purchased from him a bundle of stuff, and asked him to ship it to a contact of mine in Alabama. Well he did so, my contact received it (he confirmed it) but lost it "somehow" in the shipment to my country.

Upon telling him what happened a while back, Jason was disappointed. Because of the friendship that existed between us, he regathered the exact same stuff I asked from him and send them express at his own expense to Mychailo (who was gathering multiple purchases I had, including the retractable mirrors, to be send out as a one bundle shipment to my contact again). Jason paid on shipping alone around $40 without asking for a dime from me. And remember, I live far far faaaaaaar away from the US, he could have just ignored me or even take my money without sending anything...

Maybe he did some mistakes with some members around here, well everybody does mistakes, maybe he had some personal issues and poured his anger on other members at that time, i dunno sh!t happens sometimes... But overall, I think he is a good person... even better than Subaru itself

Well Subaru had a huge mistake with the SVX by creating a faulty tranny and never rectifying the error, it lost a lot of sales and the project was considered as a failure... but we still ADORE subaru products, isn't it? Why can't we just forgive and accept Jason back?

Furthermore, he is making a lot of SVXi happy, he worships this car like a common enthusiast, and the success of his forum is a proof of that.

It is a shame to see such a small community shattered without solid grounds

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:42 PM

Classic SVX
What got him banned (to my understanding)was the lack of control of his temper. But he had been egged on for a long time and was bound to loose his temper eventually.

When someone does not come to you and talk to you about the problem, and starts bashing you online and other people start doing the same but for different motives... I would bet quite a few people would react about like budfreak did. Especially if you had been drinking prior to seeing everything and your judgment was not the best. - Budfreak did however offer a couple suggestions as to what the problem a little later, and one of which he suggested was the problem.

I don't think anyone can say anything about his work, because everyone I have ever talked to that has dealt with him has had no problems. And if there ever is a problem, he corrects it. This is why I posted this thread so people who need quality work and parts know where to find it. If it was not for Budfreak, my svx would have been crushed a long time ago. He has always done excellent work on my car.

That said, I read all of the crap as well. Including a few threads created by certain members that will remain nameless that are guilty of posting crap on here while being drunk and got a slap on the wrist, posts deleted, and none the wiser.

I am not however questioning the mods, I respect them and believe they will do what they feel is right in each situation. We all count on them to keep balance and harmony and to not play favorites and to be as detached from a situation as possible when making judgements so as they do not play favoritism. There are some really good people on here to keep an eye on everything. And I know its a hard job at times.

Back on topic:
Cheap parts!
http://www.svxworldforums.com/forum1/213.html
2009 Pontiac G8 GT

Last edited by wannarace928; 12-18-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 07:17 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX
My 2 cents!

Irregardless of the reasoning behind the ban, Jason was in fact banned from the network. In my opinion, for such a thread to be posted, it, at the very least, should have been accompanied by a buyer beware, with said warning that the individual selling the parts was banned, and the reasoning behind it, as accurately as can be depicted.

To simply say it's another source, leave it at that, would be greatly irresponsible, because new folks who come along have no idea what happened or the reason that the individual is not part of the network.

I know I would like to know if there was an issue in the past if I was the new one looking for sources, I should be able to consider the facts myself and form my own opinion. I don't need someone to babysit me, but I would feel that I should be properly educated, and based on the origin of the post, prior to tom saying anything, I would really have no idea that there were issues in the past.

Again, just my 2 cents.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 12-19-2007, 10:21 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
Adding??

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
My 2 cents!

Irregardless of the reasoning behind the ban, Jason was in fact banned from the network. In my opinion, for such a thread to be posted, it, at the very least, should have been accompanied by a buyer beware, with said warning that the individual selling the parts was banned, and the reasoning behind it, as accurately as can be depicted.

Again, just my 2 cents.
I think by this statement that you are simply compounding the problem. You won't find a SINGLE buyer or customer that has or had any problems with Budfreak--other than the single now known as ERRONEOUS complaint. He was NOT banned because of any reason that should concern a buyer or potential customer. He was banned because of his overreaction to certain STILL members on here that repeatedly baited him and STILL make unfounded and unsupportive disparaging remarks about him.

Any potential buyer or customer should have no worries about fair and honest dealings with him.

Get it straight.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Last edited by lhopp77; 12-20-2007 at 10:34 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: