Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2002, 04:36 PM
Green1995SVX

Angry Sighting

I saw a Bordeaux LS today on RT19 in Cranberry (North Hills). I'm sure they thought I was a total nut. (I dont have my svx.) I chased after him and was staring at the car, savoring the sight. Not having seen my SVX in weeks, it helped seeing one. Sigh...

I called my father (who has my svx, and was driving it at the time.) I told him what happened, and his response: "Well, Mike, I'm driving the SVX right now, and somehow I dont feel sorry for you."

<pout>

-Mike
Old 04-25-2002, 04:52 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Sighting

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
I saw a Bordeaux LS today on RT19 in Cranberry (North Hills). I'm sure they thought I was a total nut. (I dont have my svx.) I chased after him and was staring at the car, savoring the sight. Not having seen my SVX in weeks, it helped seeing one. Sigh...

I called my father (who has my svx, and was driving it at the time.) I told him what happened, and his response: "Well, Mike, I'm driving the SVX right now, and somehow I dont feel sorry for you."

<pout>

-Mike
HA! Sorry to laugh at your misfortune, but your dad is funny.

Not only that, but we can all relate to him.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-25-2002, 10:29 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Oh man. That's cold. And your dad. Why that . . . that . . . that . . . that's exactly what I would've said.

No, really, I feel your pain. It's the one thing that's preventing me from taking mine in now to have the AWD problem checked out. I figure, if the transfer clutch becomes toasted, I'm back to square one, only this time, I'll have lost my AWD with a REAL SVX tranny. Chin up. It won't be long now.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-25-2002, 10:33 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay
Oh man. That's cold. And your dad. Why that . . . that . . . that . . . that's exactly what I would've said.

No, really, I feel your pain. It's the one thing that's preventing me from taking mine in now to have the AWD problem checked out. I figure, if the transfer clutch becomes toasted, I'm back to square one, only this time, I'll have lost my AWD with a REAL SVX tranny. Chin up. It won't be long now.
13 more days according to my SVX countdown callendar.

-Mike
Old 04-29-2002, 07:38 PM
LearJeff

Question Mike...what's the deal?

I'm pretty new to this website. I don't have the history on your particular situation. What's the deal with your dad and your SVX? Did he confiscate it? Did you loan it to him? Is he planning on buying it from you and, thus, has it for an extended "test drive"? Is he working on it for you, and the work just so happens to be taking "a little longer than expected"? What's the DEAL?
Old 04-29-2002, 07:52 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Mike...what's the deal?

Quote:
Originally posted by LearJeff
I'm pretty new to this website. I don't have the history on your particular situation. What's the deal with your dad and your SVX? Did he confiscate it? Did you loan it to him? Is he planning on buying it from you and, thus, has it for an extended "test drive"? Is he working on it for you, and the work just so happens to be taking "a little longer than expected"? What's the DEAL?
OK - haha here's the story.

I go to school about 350 miles from home. Over spring break, I had my svx's rear bearings replaced while I was home. I returned back to school after spring break, all was good. I then, the following weekend, went back home (for the reading svx meet, which was held very near home for me.) On the way home, the bearings went bad again. I was forced to leave the SVX there and return to school with another car. Because i'm so far from home, I left it with my dad, who is driving it every day. (he loves it as much as me)

-Mike