Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Lightbulb Site Suggestion: Personal Locker Link

Just an idea, not sure if this is something easy or more work involved than it is worth...

I'm sure this has happened to everyone, there is a post where someone says, "I have new pics in my locker" and you have to either A)stop reading posts and go up to the top of the page and click Personal Lockers link, then scroll down and hope you get the spelling of the screenname right, then look at the pics, then go back through the pages until you get back to the thread you were reading. B)try to make a mental note to check out this guy's locker later when you are done reading the thread or done reading for the session so you don't have to lose your place. By then you probably have forgotten about it and never got to see the poor guy's pics.

The existing work around for this would be for the person posting includes a link to their locker in the post. But most don't. If there was an easy way to make this automatic in every post, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it and all our lockers would get viewed a lot more. My opinion would be maybe just a link by clicking on the screen name on the far left of each post. And of course the personal locker would then open in a new window so the post and threads would be left where they are.

Just an idea....

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 04-25-2002, 09:31 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Site Suggestion: Personal Locker Link

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
Just an idea, not sure if this is something easy or more work involved than it is worth...

I'm sure this has happened to everyone, there is a post where someone says, "I have new pics in my locker" and you have to either A)stop reading posts and go up to the top of the page and click Personal Lockers link, then scroll down and hope you get the spelling of the screenname right, then look at the pics, then go back through the pages until you get back to the thread you were reading. B)try to make a mental note to check out this guy's locker later when you are done reading the thread or done reading for the session so you don't have to lose your place. By then you probably have forgotten about it and never got to see the poor guy's pics.

The existing work around for this would be for the person posting includes a link to their locker in the post. But most don't. If there was an easy way to make this automatic in every post, I'm sure everyone would appreciate it and all our lockers would get viewed a lot more. My opinion would be maybe just a link by clicking on the screen name on the far left of each post. And of course the personal locker would then open in a new window so the post and threads would be left where they are.

Just an idea....
Wonder of wonders, looks like it worked. This is such a cooperative bunch.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-25-2002, 09:37 AM
sith

Actually I added the locker thing a while ago (mike kept yelling at me about it), but I guess I forgot to advertise it.

For those who haven't found it, look at the bottom of each post with the other buttons for profile/pm/search and all that jazz. The locker button will take you to that users' personal locker.

-Colin
Old 04-25-2002, 09:39 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Oops! Was that little "locker" button at the bottom of the post window always there? Guess I need to be more observant! Sorry! Or if it was just added in the ten minutes since I posted my idea, then a big THANK YOU!

Old 04-25-2002, 09:40 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by sith
Actually I added the locker thing a while ago (mike kept yelling at me about it), but I guess I forgot to advertise it.

For those who haven't found it, look at the bottom of each post with the other buttons for profile/pm/search and all that jazz. The locker button will take you to that users' personal locker.

-Colin
OK, my posting is a little slow! Disregard my above post! A belated thank you, Colin!