Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-24-2002, 11:14 AM

Send a message via AIM to jeradsvx
I just got a quote for my car through the autowarranties.com one. It sounds good, but I am still a little worried. For two years of coverage it is 1100 buxs. It covers almost everything, at least the stuff i need. The question I am worried about is has anyone made a claim on one of these extended warranties and if you have are they as easy as they sound. I am just really worried about forking over 1100 buxs and then having someone screw me, I guess everyone is that way. The repair work they said could be done by anyone with a license to repair. No oil changes done by ASE certified mechanics or anything of that nature. You have to wait 30 days, 1000 miles. Just a little nervous.

Jerad

P.S. I am attaching the email they sent me back with the info so if you guys wouldnt mind taking a look thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: doc cawarranty.doc (30.5 KB, 95 views)
Old 04-24-2002, 11:32 AM
gcookaustin

That sounds about the same price as mine; mine is longer but that one covers a lot more (expensive) stuff. Even A/C refrigerant? Wow.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:32 AM
Lowered SVX

that is a valid concern jerad.

i dont know that anyone has filed a claim with one of these companies.

i am sure you will liable for all gaskets and hoses and the like. they would cover just the part broken.

i wonder if they pay all labor to change a part that requires other parts to be removed first.?
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 04-24-2002, 11:40 AM
gcookaustin

There was a post about extended warranties that I was reading prior to purchasing my warranty; someone mentioned a warranty company that started with an H that replaced their engine or something; I tried going to their website (he posted a link) but it wasn't there anymore. Anyway, as long as you keep your receipts and do the maintenace then I don't see much to worry about. Someone else on this board purchased the Pro-guard warranty (from Hal Moses), if I remember correctly but I don't know who it was. The extendedautowarrantycorp.com salesperson told me that I could do maintenace myself and to keep the receipts; the warranty states that "repairs may be done at any qualified facility" but I verified more than once that I could do stuff myself. Even if they try to turn me down the wording says "may" and not "must." Be sure to note the wording in the contract.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:33 PM

Send a message via AIM to jeradsvx
I found this site if anyone is interested, http://www.autoguide.net/finance/warranties.shtml
I found a few hits on pro-guard, there are a couple of complaints against them. I just wonder if my tranny is to go down the road are they really gonna fork over 3000 for a new tranny for my car. I dont know and I am really hesitant.(sp) THanks for all your help
Jerad
Old 04-25-2002, 04:48 PM
gcookaustin

Here is the report from platinumwarrantycorp.com, sold by extendedautowarrantycorp.com and warrantywizard.com:

http://www.cleveland.bbb.org/nis/new...12000025000699

The warranty program itself has been around since '85 as well as the warranty wizard seller, extendedautowarrantycorp.com came later but it's the same thing.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:55 PM
LearJeff

You guys are all awesome. I was just browsing through this thread and I picked up a lot of great info.

I am going to contact the warranty companies mentioned, too. Has anyone ever had to make an actual warranty claim? If so, was the claim handled with a minimum of fuss? Just curious...

Thanks