Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2002, 01:50 AM

Registered SVX
Welcome

Thanks a lot Guys for the colourful (colorful !) good wishes for the luckiest day in, the month and some times it can even be Friday. Trouble is you gave me one hell of a fright. Yooooouuuuu for a minute looked like Yahooooo and I got the terrible feeling that we had been hijacked again !
Pleased to see you come up on the site James and note you have been busy. I hope enjoyably so.

Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 03-16-2002, 12:56 AM

Registered SVX
Welcome

Just had a look at the old site and it has died along with US and UK. Yaaaaahooooo is out for the week end so the move is opportune.

Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 03-16-2002, 09:49 PM

Registered SVX
Welcome

I am having problems posting on this new site and am sure it must be a learning thing. A few minutes ago I composed a long message in the hope of assisting a guy with electrical problems. I was logged in but when I tried to post I was instructed to log in again which I did but was not returned to my message with no way of getting back to it and it was lost. Not a happy chappy and no time or the inclination to laboriously enter it again as I am no expert typist.
I also get multiple requests to log in where as I would expect to do this only once per session.
This is not the first time this has happened, can anyone advise?

Trevor in strife!

Old 03-17-2002, 12:00 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Welcome

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
I am having problems posting on this new site and am sure it must be a learning thing. A few minutes ago I composed a long message in the hope of assisting a guy with electrical problems. I was logged in but when I tried to post I was instructed to log in again which I did but was not returned to my message with no way of getting back to it and it was lost. Not a happy chappy and no time or the inclination to laboriously enter it again as I am no expert typist.
I also get multiple requests to log in where as I would expect to do this only once per session.
This is not the first time this has happened, can anyone advise?

Trevor in strife!
Trevor, do you have "cookies" (or do they call them biscuits on your computer ) enabled on your browser? The software depends on cookies to recognize you.

You might drop a PM to sith. He's our "trouble shooter" in such events.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-17-2002, 03:00 AM

Registered SVX
Welcome

Thanks Randy,

I do have lots of cookies in the jar i.e. I am enabled to collect them and they arrive in droves. I am experimenting within this message to see if I can type as a word processing document then copy and paste to the site. This way I would never lose any text.

Now that worked fine and this will be the way I will go in future. If something comes unstuck I still have my text to have a second try and as I have two monitors I can keep everything in view as I proceed.

Trevor, ( Learning the hard way}

P.S. Same problem again but I still have my text and have beaten the gremlins. Will check Cookies again.
Have checked and OK and some from the net on file.
Trying to post again having registered.

Old 03-17-2002, 08:27 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Smile Browser acting the bowsie

Hi Trevor

This has happened to me a few times, as I tend to purge the cookies, then forget to log in. If it happens again, try the following, it works for me;

You've typed up a long letter, tried to submit, and it seems to get lost. Click the Back button on your browser. I use IE6, and it is top left under File with an arrow pointing left. It gives you a white page with a warning message saying something along the lines of "Warning! This page has expired" Ignore this page and click it again. It brings back the Submit page with your typed-out long message 10 times out of 10. I think this is because your OS caches web pages you are using. I use NT Workstation, but I am sure it work the same for all Windows systems.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-17-2002, 01:14 PM
Boone

RE: Bowsy Browser

Trevor,
Have you thought to check your settings on the board? Choose the user cp button, edit options. Select to login and browse with cookies and save. Just a thought... also welcome. B.

http://www.chemistry.co.nz/kiwi.htm
Old 03-17-2002, 02:42 PM

Registered SVX
Welcome

Thanks Joe and Boone,

As it happens I had in mind enabling Òauto loginÓ and have now done so and this should help all round. ÒBrowse with cookiesÓ was and is enabled.

I have a Pwr. Mac. running Int. Exp. and had tried the back button so far with no success but will keep experimenting as this is the best way to learn I find.

What is the story with the Kiwi bit Boone. Great idea for this site and it would be great to have it some how displayed permanently with an Ausie version. Are you by any chance from these parts?

Regards, Trevor

Old 03-17-2002, 03:44 PM
Boone

RE: Welcome

Glad to help. I think auto login is the key. Others must be running a Mac and can contribute. I was looking for something amusing to say and did a web search on "Kiwi". Maybe Jamsvx can get our resident geek to place some info links by the forum name. Better yet, include hyperlinks of choice in your signiture. I'm from the northern US but I've always admired New Zealand without ever having the chance to visit. Being a fly fisherman I've also heard of your football sized rainbow trout. B.
Old 03-17-2002, 05:35 PM

Registered SVX
Welcome

Thanks Boone,

I have taken you up on your idea and have added to my signature. Please let me know if it works as a hyper link. If not what do I have to do to make it work?

Come down to see me and we can take a run down to Taupo and Rotorua in the SVX so that you can catch a real fish.

Last edited by Trevor; 03-17-2002 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-17-2002, 06:41 PM
Boone

...signiture links

Just sent you a PM and put a link on my signiture. I found the how to here. RTFM as they say. B.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/misc...&action=bbcode
Old 03-17-2002, 08:18 PM

Registered SVX
Wicome

More thanks Ron,

I am only now starting to get used to this site and it sure leaves Yaaaaaahooooo for dead. As a result have looked for information on how it is run and was started with no result but would like to learn something of its history. Trevor *<)

Old 03-21-2002, 11:36 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
MacTrevor?

A Mac user? And we thought Aredubjay was a rebel?

I like the look of those new frosty iMacs myself, might get one. PC people all scream, "you won't get software", but they probably mean computer games by this, they are a nerdy self-abusive lot.

Me, I just want to type stuff and have it handle, manage and organise my graphic files and business files. I believe the Macs are a whizz at that.

BTW, Chris can give you the gen on the genesis of this site. He built it by hisself, great respect and gratitude due. You can find his profile under Members, send him an email, he will fill you in on how it kicked off.

Joe
Pleistocene PC user.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 03-21-2002, 11:42 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
MacTrevor?

Server problems here too.

I hit submit twice, because the first was hanging. Instantly of course, you have two messages the exact same on the board.

What, as they say, can go wrong go wrong go wrong go wrong go wro...

Joe
Pleistocene PC user.

40,000 miles Jersey Girl

Last edited by svxistentialist; 03-21-2002 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-22-2002, 04:17 AM

Registered SVX
Mac. Mania.

Yes, I am above the PC crowd.

This Power Mac. was passed on to me by my son about 5 mths. ago and I was thrown in at the deep end and have had to learn the hard way. It is 4 yrs old and dated as far as he is concerned. But it is fully loaded as the car salesmen say, having two hard drives, extra memory and two monitors, (both are separate units) and a printer. I have yet to get myself a scanner but intend to do so. My son (one of three) lectures at university and takes on graphic work on the side, hence a Mac. - and I like it. What is more SVX owners do not run with the crowd.

Chris needs a medal. This site is so sophisticated and full of features I am unable to understand that it is not a commercial venture. I certainly intend to find out more and pass on congratulations.

Meantime I hope the down under section draws a few more posts.

Regards to you and all, Trevor.