Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-08-2005, 07:05 PM
Endangered Species

Send a message via MSN to -JJ-
Talking stereo upgraded

So it is always a little quiet in the down under section, so i decided to post up pics of my recent stereo upgrade , along with the new grille fabrication thread

I now have a new eclipse CD5435 headunit,

new front splits: 6.5" splits with a silk dome tweeders and kevlar cone woofers, (response). They sound awsome, very very clear, best bang for buck in my opinion!!. they run off 1 of 2 kicker 75.2 amps.

The other kicker 75.2wrms runs the new kenwood 7x10's which are also awsome speakers.

and i am still running the 12" dual magnet responce sub off the 150.2wrms response amp (to be upgraded soon, after rego and brakes )

my next little bit to go in is the 1 farad capacitor

pics below

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../SVX%20stereo/

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 11-08-2005, 11:28 PM

Send a message via ICQ to berger
im doing my Head unit tonight, should be a fun project, then have to install my tweeters for the speakerrs i put in last week
and, wire up the car for the monoblock amp & other smps for the subs
Old 11-09-2005, 01:35 AM
Endangered Species

Sounds awsome dude,

as far as wiring goes there is a good write up in how to docs regarding the oem colour codes!!

also my tweeters didnt fit directly into the stock holes so i got the "dummy" stock tweeter and poped the mesh out and bored the hole out with a knife till it fit! took me like an hour hahaha, i hope urs fit straight in, u system sound good man, let me know how it goes when ur done, also what headunit is goin in?? and what brands are all the componentry.. (its ok if u dun wanna say )

removed intake silencer, k&N pannel filter, trans cooler, 94 JDM 4eat, Noltec front swaybar mounts, Motorsport D&S disks with EBC Greenstuff pads
Old 11-09-2005, 05:38 AM

Alpine Type r 6 1/2 splits
Blaupunkt mp33 mp3 player
Pioneer high end 6x9's in the rear, nfi what power

the tweeters were kinda hard to get in... trying to get the cable down the dash was hard... ended up using a tounge off a sheet of flooring i got from work, heh

the head unit removal was not fun at all, used the guide on Earthworms website(i think)
ended up breaking a little clip on the door, but still opens & closes ok,

the door speakers were easy to install, while my car was painted(see new paintjob thread) the doors had the lining taken off, so it took me 1hr to do both, easy as!! same deal with the 6x9's, the parcel shelf was out too, so that was 15min to change over...

anyways, the head unit... looks pretty

now, over the next week or 2 i'll run my cables to the boot, for my Audiobahn Subs & Amp... $3000++++
gotto enjoy things
also put a blue LED as my interior light, thats kinda cool....

anyways, will post pics when done.... and work out how to make my head unit look good, need a tray for under the unit too...

Old 11-09-2005, 04:54 PM
Endangered Species

awsome!!!! , next time im in melbourne i will post would love to hear it

I used a rigid piece of electrical cable to run my tweeter cables, didnt find it to hard, but the illumination cables for the head unit had me goin for a while.

Did you have to make spacers for the splits, i have installed those alpines into a gt liberty, and the magnets were HUGE , my splits have a smaller magnet sthan that and i only just cleared the window!

Old 11-09-2005, 07:48 PM

i was going to use Audiobahn speakers, but they were twice as deep

the Alpines... i used some spare nuts lying around, and the longest screws lieing around my house, and the doors still went back togother ok
Old 11-10-2005, 12:35 AM
Endangered Species

arhhh clever!!, but does that mean there is now a gap between the metal door frame and the speaker itself???

Old 11-10-2005, 05:16 AM

yeah, like a 15mm gap between the door & speaker

oh, i was going to say in my other post, i started reading the install guide from the forums, and it said 'most head units go in easy, expect blaupunkt, which are completely diff'
i was about to curse, , but it went in so easy.... the other downside to my install is the splits)the little split box thing, is jammed behind the H/U.. where are they normally meant to go?

im so excited about the weekend, i might jsut install my old 15inch sub in the SVX jsut for the time being
Old 11-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Endangered Species

as far as the crossover placement i found a perfect hole under the passenger side dash where it sits perfectly just slid it up and it stays there , on the drivers side i just sat the crossover in the hole behind the left foot rest thingy!!

I would think that when you get some time you should make wooden spacers for your splits, this is what i did, the sound of the speaker will be improved, as it is sligtly more sealed and it has the wood to reverbarate through, rather than just 'free air'

Old 11-10-2005, 08:08 PM

thanks for the advice...

im gunna work on my subs tonight, work at HOME hardware.. so kinda makes it easy with timber supplies
Old 11-11-2005, 05:25 AM
Endangered Species

lucky bugger haha

In that gt liberty i mentioned before we also used tar based sound deadining in the door, combined with acustic matting, made those r types sound so sweet , do you have them amped or they running off the headunit??

how did the sub install go??

Old 11-11-2005, 08:39 PM

well that was craptastic, a 15inch sub needs a big enclosure, so i built it, the disasembled, then rebuilt it to fit...
anyways, sounds a little better, but might jsut take the thing out & wait for my audiobahns to be instaled professionally...

anyways, it was quite easy to run the cables through, thats one good thing
Old 11-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Endangered Species

i had to assemble my sub and box inside the boot to get it to fit, pain in the ass, i bet professionals will have some trouble also!! a 15' is huge for the svx

Old 11-12-2005, 07:27 PM

yeah, i kinda thought 15inch was pretty big

anyways, looks awesome, opening the boot, and jusat seeing the big woofer

i'll jsut wait a couple months, coz 2 12inch subs will fit in rather snug

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: