Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-13-2005, 12:37 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Send a message via AIM to Amazonparrot Send a message via MSN to Amazonparrot
Question Aftermarket Lugs...who knew?

Who knew you had to have aftermarket lugs with your new wheels? Not me apparently. Anyhow, I just bought a new set of Enkei 18" wheels and some pirelli 225/40/R18 tires and had everything put together and balanced, and went to put the wheels on the car myself to save some money in labor, only to find out that i would need special "thinner" lugs and special key or something like it for the wheels. So I went around town, looked up the svx lug size (12mm x 1.5) only to find out that no one sells anything like this, and I have no idea where I am supposed to find this stuff, and what I will need. When I search on ebay for those spec numbers, quite a few options present themselves. This being said, I was wondering if anyone could help me find the lugs I need so that I can attach my whels, I am excited as all getout. FYI, the wheels are Enkei CP1 or CP01 if that helps. Thanks all!

-Andrew R.
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).
Charlottesville, VA Represent! (voted #1 place in America to live!)

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?Amazonparrot
Old 03-13-2005, 12:54 PM
Weasel 22

having owned several sets of Enkei's..ive never been able to use the stock lugs on them..on all instances ive used the supplied Enkei lugs to mount the wheel..I have a set of Shoguns coming and the supplied lugs are 'supposed' to fit my SVX..as they have on another SVX here with Shoguns..my wheels should be here in a few days..I'll post back on the results
Old 03-13-2005, 01:06 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Hmm

Since I got all four wheels second hand for $325, I guess that explains why the lug kit didnt come with it...unbeknownst to me. Any suggestions on where to buy the enkei set, or if anyone here as a set I can use?
1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Ebony Mica: Custom Cold Air Intake, Smallcar Shift Kit, ECUtune Stage 1v4, Flowmaster Exhaust, UR underdrive pulley, 4.11 gears, iRotors Drilled and Slotted rotors, Axxis Brake Pads, 18" Enkei Wheels w/Pirelli Pzero Nero M+S, 20% Window Tinting, K&N Panel Filter, Rockford Fosgate Sound System w/XM Radio, Removed Intake Resonator *SOLD*

2003 Subaru WRX: 2003 Impreza WRX (Aspen White); Vishnu Stage II; IHI VF-34 Turbo; Walbro fuel pump, STi Injectors, Vishnu Up-pipe, Down-pipe and Signature 3" Cat-back; Samco Intercooler hoses; JIC Coilovers; STi A-arms; Whiteline swarbar bushings; Stoptech 13" rotors w/4-piston calipers; Braided Steel brake lines; 17" Rota Wheels with 225/45/17 Falken Azenis (R-Comp).

Old 03-13-2005, 01:32 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel 22
..I have a set of Shoguns coming and the supplied lugs are 'supposed' to fit my SVX..
Where did you find those? They don't make them anymore. They are one of my favorite after market wheels. Enjoy them.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 03-13-2005, 01:38 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
Where did you find those? They don't make them anymore. They are one of my favorite after market wheels. Enjoy them.
I had a thread on those I was looking for the Arashi and ran into those on ebay, actually 2 sets of 5 lug universal showed up on those..I had bid on the first..and was in a bidding war on them when a second set showed and the other bidder bought those..lucky me they are my all time favorite as well..you can adore them when I come up for a meet up there
Old 03-13-2005, 01:39 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Does the place you got the shoguns from have more lugs?

Old 03-13-2005, 01:40 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazonparrot
Since I got all four wheels second hand for $325, I guess that explains why the lug kit didnt come with it...unbeknownst to me. Any suggestions on where to buy the enkei set, or if anyone here as a set I can use?
in my area I use Les Schwab for tires and service..I really like Toyos..they should have a proper set of lugs on hand..I would assume any tire shop worth their weight should
Old 03-13-2005, 01:42 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Does the place you got the shoguns from have more lugs?
I believe he wouldnt since he sold me them however if you search Enkei wheels on ebay they usually have lug sets for them..hope that helps
Old 03-13-2005, 02:31 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel 22
in my area I use Les Schwab for tires and service..I really like Toyos..they should have a proper set of lugs on hand..I would assume any tire shop worth their weight should

Can't say that I've ever heard of Les Schwab before. Ive asked around in my town, and they all carry some type of lugs or another...but none of them are narrow enough to get a socket around when they are in the wheel...btw...the "tuner" lugs that you can buy on ebay...are they narrower than typical lugs...is that what i need? I was kind of irritated because I found the perfect set of Enkei lugs that i needed on ebay, but they are gold, and my wheels are silver.

Old 03-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Can't say that I've ever heard of Les Schwab before. Ive asked around in my town, and they all carry some type of lugs or another...but none of them are narrow enough to get a socket around when they are in the wheel...btw...the "tuner" lugs that you can buy on ebay...are they narrower than typical lugs...is that what i need? I was kind of irritated because I found the perfect set of Enkei lugs that i needed on ebay, but they are gold, and my wheels are silver.
in general the tuner lugs are narrower..to fit in the Enkei wheel holes you will need them..to fit the SVX? thats a question
Old 03-13-2005, 03:05 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Mcgard SplineDrive lugs mite work. I got them on my focal wheels.
kit 65557 comes with Chrome lugs and locks.

Old 03-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Beefcake...the color of your car is sexy sexy Thanks for the tip, ill check into those. And thanks Weasel, ill look for tuner lugs. Im almost positive that as long as they are the factory spec pattern 12mm x 1.25, that they will work just fine.

Here's an example:

Ebay Lugs

Ebay 2

I still dont really know what a locking lug nut is....I live in a nice enough town people dont need to lock down their wheels...lol

thanks again!

Old 03-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Maybe these would work....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MakeTrack=true

Old 03-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
locking lugs are lugs that require a key to remove them. If you look at my pic you will see one of my lugs has a ring in the center. That is the locking lug
Old 03-13-2005, 05:35 PM
Now with Colder Air!

Weird!

Well...ya learn something new every day i suppose! Locking lugs don't really matter to me, however if I find a set on ebay with locks that are cheaper than the regular ones, I suppose it cant hurt....unless I lose the key