How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 10-31-2003, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Even adults need supervision. It's why we all have bosses.
bosses...keeping ppl on task

not babysitters keeping ppl from flinging shiot!

shiot...lol...i love that word!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:28 PM

Registered SVX
Insults

Those are passing judgement should refer to PorterÕs insult by directly using my name in his thread. A whole forum full of Trevors. I noted that this use of my name was accepted by many members without comment including the president here.

By contrast my reply to the insult , Portable/Portabull - Noble/No bull, names no one. I did not fit the hat, Randy did.

The judges should view the basic thread in ÒMod ManiaÓ and note that are far more robust debate went on involving "eugenefeng" and he retains my respect. The participants did not stoop to Portaloo tactics. Also interesting is the fact that several others in the thread used insulting obscene language.

Porter could not stand up to a robust debate and the result was a tantrum of stupidity which included direct insults. The evidence is well recorded.

Search as you will you will not find evidence to show that I have directly insulted any person here as Porter has done. Nor will I ever do so.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 10-31-2003, 01:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Insults

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
Search as you will you will not find evidence to show that I have directly insulted any person here as Porter has done. Nor will I ever do so.
I can appreciate that. Thank you very much for such restraint.

As for Porter's thread, since I wasn't aware that the argument over the speaker cables had continued in the way it did, I considered it a friendly jab.

I respect both of you on this site, and I didn't fully understand the history between you, so I didn't give it any other thought. So I apologize if my participation in the thread insulted you.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-31-2003, 02:30 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Re: Insults

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

As for Porter's thread, since I wasn't aware that the argument over the speaker cables had continued in the way it did, I considered it a friendly jab.

As did I, especially considering the disclaimer, I had no interest in speaker cables so, had no use to enter the thread. Names are often used in thread headings, therefore I thought nothing of it.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 10-31-2003, 02:46 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Cool Re: Insults

Quote:
Originally posted by Trevor
[B]Those are passing judgement should refer to PorterÕs insult by directly using my name in his thread. A whole forum full of

Porter's thread DID contain a disclaimer at the end. I took all of this to be a semi-friendly spoof of pedantic drivel.
I guess I missed the point.

Ron (movin' on).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:50 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Porter's thread DID contain a disclaimer at the end. I took all of this to be a semi-friendly spoof of pedantic drivel.

Ron (movin' on).
I missed it too. Sorry if I offended anyone. I thought it was all in good-natured fun.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 10-31-2003, 03:41 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
I've been following the whole thing. Trevor wins. Porter lost, and cannot accept the things that Trevor is saying, and got bent out of shape about it.

I still think they're both good guys, and I learned quite a bit from the exchange. However, I think Porter's response was pretty uncalled for. Trevor was basically reiterating the same thing, over and over, and Porter would just some 'colorful language' in his responses and avoid answering his questions. After about 3 pages of this, Trevor became more 'curt'(sp?) with Porter's drivel, and was a bit more aggressive in getting answers from him. Basically how I react to NikFu and other such idiots as the guy who claimed 18.5hp increase for an air intake. And guess what? Same responses: Name calling.

Anyway. It's halloween, and I'm at work. BAH.

- Rob
Old 10-31-2003, 04:54 PM
Hater

<Rodney King> Can't we all just get along? *SMACK!* </Rodney King>

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 10-31-2003, 07:26 PM
Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Ron (movin' on).
It was meant specifically to be a semi-friendly spoof of pedantic drivel. I was trying to good-naturedly poke fun at Trevor to lighten the mood a little, to see if it was possible for him to laugh at himself a little and return some humanity to our interaction. Obviously my attempt failed. I thought the site I posted was genuinely funny. It was not my intention to add any fuel to the fire.

I have no interest in continuing any kind of argument, disagreement, or conflict of any kind. Contrary to Rob's rather immature "we win, you lose, p.s. we win" declaration, the kind of interchange that has passed between Trevor and myself makes losers out of all of us.

I hope that in the future we ALL can show a little more humility and understanding for one another.
Old 11-01-2003, 12:29 AM

Registered SVX
Porter,

Once again your tactics are to evade and side step. The thread you started using my name was direct sarcastic abuse. You now say, If it was a low blow so be it. You made a sly attempt to obscure your intent knowing many would not be aware of the preceding circumstances.

Earlier in this thread, making excuses to Randy, you state : -

This guy has been actively trying to start a fight with me for months now. If it was a low blow, so be it. I don't have the inclination to kiss ass or make nice over the situation.

Just when and where did I do as you say i.e. try to start a fight ? It is however possibly that I did not agree with something you said in error and therefore simply annoyed your ego. Provide the evidence.

An interesting extract from one of MY posts in the same thread: -

P.S.----- I am very sure we would in FACT enjoy a beer and a good bloody old fashioned eyeball argument.

Your latest suggestion is that you applied Òsemi-friendlyÓ spirit in the debate. The facts in contradiction are available for all to see.

You state : -

Contrary to Rob's rather immature "we win, you lose, p.s. we win" declaration

Just who are you to judge that Rob is, ÒimmatureÓ , or that I am an ÒassholeÓ, ÓsmartassÓ, or declare, ÒYou have a keyboard and an eye patch to keep you company,Ó and ÓScrew you and the Kiwi you rode in on, old man. Nobody gives a **** what you think.Ó .

You Porter are completely, up yourself. The problem for you is that you did lose and do not like it and will not accept it.

Everyone should note, as is recorded in the thread , my exchanges with ÒeugenefengÓ were exceedingly intense and one could even say bloody, but we both were honourable. Porter you take a look. Learn a lesson. You simply could not stand the heat. I may be an old man, you get into a childish tantrum when challenged and are in a corner.

You have stated to Randy, I don't have the inclination to kiss ass or make nice over the situation.

You now, after all your preceding abuse, come across with the absolute pretence. I hope that in the future we ALL can show a little more humility and understanding for one another.

To quote you Ò I'm not kissing your ass Ò that is for bloody sure. Go stick length of straight wire right up your a anus.

What is more if all looking on want this old man, old bastard maybe, to retract his statements think again. You condone obscenities and personal abuse galore from others. Accept some facts.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!

Last edited by Trevor; 11-01-2003 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:36 AM
Porter

Please stop, Trevor. You're not doing anyone (especially yourself) any favors by continuing this.

To reiterate:
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...817#post154817

Last edited by Porter; 11-01-2003 at 06:43 AM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: