SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 05:47 AM
155mphguy

Your pathetic. "I have a K&N drop filter...whaaah"
Your ridiculous tantics are far more annoying than the meddling of a child while working.You have the audacity to talk a lot of ****.

If all you have is a filter , Your car basially = POS.
Whimpy horse power. What are you hitting now ? Maybe 235 top.
K&N...pathetic and cheap.

Speaking of Fiero's , I had an SE .My 3.1 fiero with the overhaul kit in it and a girly 3-speed automatic wiped out a Vette' until 60.

Last edited by 155mphguy; 10-22-2003 at 05:49 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 05:55 AM
Shot king

So 155mph guys please tell us. If the the secret to a faster car is not lower weight and less rotating mass (lighter rims). Then what the hell is the secret here. Salt in the oil?
Old 10-22-2003, 06:01 AM
Shot king

Quote:
The car no longer weighs as much as it did out of the factory , I did all the modifications to it myself and , It has more than 230 HP.
<-- remember this one? Lets hear about the weight reduction. Please instead of just talking about these fast kung fu cars. Educate us on how to get ours there.
Old 10-22-2003, 06:16 AM
155mphguy

Buy a car that can actually move from mashin , dead stop.
Don't buy a car that's all mid-range power.Want a 'Kung Fu' car , Get a prelude. My prelude will eat up any damn SVX , any day.
Muscle cars are alright. SVX = Pointless. Only thing that can be done is using a Fuse for 2WD - Pulley Kit , Higher Spark ( Better battery and gold terminals will obviously help. ) Remove the ac unit if you already live in a freezing hell , Thus take it all out , Get a belt for it , Get a performance chip not only for the MAF but for the ECU as well as in Nick's car. , Sugest replacing minor things like water pump for free spin , oil pump for sufficient lubrication. New timing belt , One above OEM rating , Like the one he got , Happens to be 140% stranger than the Subaru OEM one.
Run only 10-30 synthetic. Octance booster ( Or fuel injector cleaner ) Clean them out. If You can't afford new ones. The Intake is a given , Obvioulsly weight reduction with the SVX is limited as it's all steel beaming for safety of the UFO vehicle.

Rims , Tires , A/C unit , If you live in a constant warm climate , Remove the thermostat , Heater core , Seal off ( After flushing ) your heater lines , Automatics - Get transmission cooler , Tighter your bands 1/4 turn. Most of it is minor things. It's easy to get that car to a 14.9 with minimal work. I know cause I did all of it myself. Make sure your belt hasn't jumped a rib ( if you use OEM ) Even 1 degree off will limit you.

Before hand , Nick's SVX couldn't burn out in AWD , But if he mashes now in AWD , Oh yeah , all four will kick. Shortly , In fact we have it video taped. What else is to really say ? May need to adjust your cam bearings as well as they tend to get ever so slightly loose over time.Even an 8th of a turn will suffice.You want your car to go faster ? Put money into it. Don't just rely on a Intake filter to get you running a flat 14. Get rid of all the old **** and start with new. Internal wise. Externals don't matter.Try platinum spark plugs or iridium , Try 8- 10 mm wires , Try a running only 92+ , use octane booster , Use injector cleaners.

It's all the small things people never really pay attention to. Tightening the bands a 1/4 turn ( Do at your own risk , You f_ck up , You lose a transmission , I recommend getting some one who knows what they are doing to do it for you. ) Get rid of the over weight rotors as well , Go for cross drilled. I mean come on..100 bucks here , 200 there..It's not hard. As I said , DOn't rely on a 'K&N' filter to do ****..cept' give you sound. It's 4 a.m , I am tired , Need to pick up the stealth today so , Ja ne, mina-san.

PS , I added pictures of my fiero and a parts listing , Proof , Since we're all 'stupid' and full of 'BS'. That is all.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:54 AM
bthomas

Pull the fuse for AWD??!!??? Thats dumb you still have the 600 lbs of the AWD system there. You make no sense. Who said I am trying to make my SVX into a racecar. KN filters are reusable. If I wanted to go fast and race I would get nitrous. Think...
Also.. a performance chip cannot do much.. If your car is NA you can add more fuel but not more air. The ebay "performance" chip NikFu has is not doing anything. 155mphguy shut up about your Fiero this is an SVX board. Also, all the stuff your saying to do is the way it comes from the factory. If it can run a 14.9 from the factory, how the hell is it gonna do it now with 100,000 miles on it??

Last edited by bthomas; 10-22-2003 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-22-2003, 09:52 AM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Wow. Apparently 155mphguy is just as retarded as NikFu. Must be something in the water.

- Rob
Old 10-22-2003, 09:57 AM
bthomas

or that cold weather. Hey Rob I sent you a PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:14 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by bthomas
Pull the fuse for AWD??!!??? Thats dumb you still have the 600 lbs of the AWD system there ... Also.. a performance chip cannot do much.. If your car is NA you can add more fuel but not more air. The ebay "performance" chip NikFu has is not doing anything. ... If it can run a 14.9 from the factory, how the hell is it gonna do it now with 100,000 miles on it??
nos alone wont make your car fast. especially this one.

this is true the weight of the awd is still there, but no hp is lost to the back wheels. in awd mode a lot of power is lost to wheels that provide absolutely no push in dry conditions. next point.

the perf chip. all it is, is a resisting system. its designed to make the vehicle idle at slightly higher rpms, putting it in more beef of the powerband. do not think i am trying to replace any important electronic functions. lets move on.

88k miles thank you, and it was 82k when i first claimed to hit such impressive 1/4s.

enough of the srt-4 business, chic, i never claimed to have been a match for it. not like this stealth for which i have just purchased the title too, that will crush the srt-4, even the brand new one on my racing team THD.

even through all this 'discussion', i want you to ask yourself this:
what have you done to your svx, and do you think its faster than mine? i doubt this. the truth is you havent done what ive done. until you have, dont criticize me for wanting to make an old fat heavy touring coupe faster than all the riceboys that look at me with my auto and think they can take me. you got a 5 spd? no. even if you did do you think that extra power would compensate for the speed and accuracy at which my new transmission shifts? are you that good? i dont think so.

for the record, my svx was sold after a recent tranny replacement, and the owner, a very careful female driver, was tired of putting money into it. ive taken the reigns and have set a goal to have the fastest svx a poor man could afford.

have a nice day.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:21 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Re: Re: finally hooked a big fish

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby

Mine is sitting right now at 3/4 tank with over 120 miles. I always get at least 100 miles before it dips below 3/4 tank. Half tank I am at 200.
im at about there right now. i swear ive never gotten such good mileage. i never once stomped the gas since i last filled, i used the booster again, and, was mostly on the highway, rpms under 3k. highway mileage is way above city. i think maybe something is wrong and pumping more fuel than it should?

Old 10-22-2003, 12:32 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by 155mphguy
Buy a car that can actually move from mashin , dead stop.
Don't buy a car that's all mid-range power.Want a 'Kung Fu' car , Get a prelude. My prelude will eat up any damn SVX , any day.
Muscle cars are alright. SVX = Pointless.
I've stayed the hell out of this thread because it spun out of control and lost any sense of respect for anybody a long time ago. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for your behavior.

But what the hell is with this quote? If you don't like the SVX, what are you doing here? This site is for SVX owners and enthusiasts. I don't think anybody who calls the SVX 'pointless' is exactly enthusiastic about the car.

I don't even care that you don't own an SVX. Many members here don't. But they at least want one or (at the very least) like them.

If any of you, '155mph' guy included, are here just to start crap, then please take it to another board.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 10-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
155mphguy, aka "edgo" is my teams personal mechanic, and he wouldnt even like subaru if i hadnt let him have my xt6 while i went to phoenix. since then he got one himself, and even drove my svx before i got to (forgot to bring my liscence when i purchased it).
hes very much an enthusiast now. his point was that its useless as a drag racing vehicle, and shouldnt be labled as a kung fu car. compared to our other vehicles the svx handles atrociously.

i brought edgo to this board because hes very knowledgable about vehicles, and the svx since i got mine, and i thought he would have much to contribute. truth is he doesnt even visit this board except when i tell him someone is calling me out on my svx. he too believes in what it is capable of, and doesnt like people talking crap about it.

hed have one too if the only ones for sale recently werent through private sellers for 10k and above.

just speaking for a friend.
NFS

Old 10-22-2003, 01:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by 155mphguy
Do you know what octane booster does ? Do you know the difference between high and low octane Chicane ? No ? Well , let's go to school for a minute or two.

Low octane fuel has more H²o ( Water ) mixed with the petrol.

High Octance ( The expensive gas you most likely can't afford. )
Of 90+ Has a highly reduced amount of water mixed with it , Reason being , It's purer fuel thus , Price difference.
Lets compare like this , Egg or steak , Which you want for dinner ?
Haha. Anyways . Back to octane , When you have 85 - 90 Octane , You car will run slugishly , Most due to the fact it's not getting a full compression and explosion or burn off for intake spark or exhaust spark. With higher octances , You get more 'Bang for the buck' meaning your burning over 95% of your fuel and not in the high 80's to low 90's.

Now as you prove your ignorance and extent of knowledge about fuel burning. Let me tell you this. Cleaner fuel ( Higher Octane , Less Water ) Will imprive the gas milage of the vehicle as well as the over haul performance , In won't 'increase' your Horse power by any means , However , It will give you back lost HP through low rated octane gasoline. So added octane ( Octane Booster ) Will improve over all haul performance , Lost HP , Better Gas Milage , Lower Temps and Less wear and tear.
Performance through additives varies from engine/maker.

That is all.
This is way back from the first page, but I want to challenge it. Don't insult me, don't call me names, just give me something to back up your claims.

I know what octane ratings mean, and I've never heard anything about them having to do with how much water is in the fuel. As a matter of fact, compared with what I understand of octane ratings, your explanation is very different.

So, I'll say it again. I'm not here to start crap, and I'm not attacking you personally. I just think your explanation of octane ratings was a little off. Please find me something, anything to back up what you claimed. Because I'll give you my understanding of octane ratings right here, real quickly:

Basically, octane ratings describe how much a fuel can be compressed before it spontaneously ignites. Low-octane fuel requires the least amount of pressure before igniting. Higher-octane fuel requires more. Low-octane fuel ignites too early in a high-compression engine and high-octane fuel doesn't burn completely in a low-compression engine.

The reason our cars require higher-octane fuel isn't because that fuel 'has less water' in it. Its's because the cylinders, on the compression stroke, create very high pressures. Lower octane fuel, igniting easier than higher octane fuels, ignites early.

Are we getting more power burning this fuel than cars burning lower-octane fuel? Sure, but it's more because our engines are compressing it so tightly than because the fuel has 'less water in it.' The more you can compress something before burning it, the greater force it's going to exert when it is ignited. Lower octane fuels simply can't be compressed as much before igniting on their own.

And higher octane fuels aren't going to change the compression ratio of our engines on their own. I don't know how high of an octane rating you'd need before it wouldn't ignite completely in an EG33, offhand, but apparently 92 works well, which is why it's recommended in the manual.

Anyway, that's how I understand it, so please tell me why your explanation differs so greatly.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 10-22-2003 at 02:50 PM.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:04 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I've stayed the hell out of this thread because it spun out of control and lost any sense of respect for anybody a long time ago. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for your behavior.
Throw a bunch of hungry hyenas into a cage and watch what happens...

Only difference is, they walked into the cage under their own will.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 10-22-2003, 03:07 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
155mphguy, aka "edgo" is my teams personal mechanic,
AhAHahhahAhaHahAHaHhhahaHahahAHAhaHhAHHAHA HE DRIVES A FIERO AND HAS FUZZY DICE IN HIS CAR! AHahHhahAHaHaHAHAHhahAHA TYPE R RACING YO! I AM A MECHANIC NOW! AHhHAHahhHAhahahAHA

- Rob
Old 10-22-2003, 04:03 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by mohrds

Throw a bunch of hungry hyenas into a cage and watch what happens...

Only difference is, they walked into the cage under their own will.

Doug
i won't enter a battle of wits with an unarmed man, so i'm just going to sit back and watch the idiocy.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Closed Thread