Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-15-2003, 08:04 PM
amuse

150,000 Klm Maintenance Service

Hi,

I expect this milestone service to be a fairly comprehensive and hence an expensive one. Any specifics to look out for?

I will be taking in it to my dealer who has serviced about half a dozen SVX's since day one, including mine which had every scheduled service done there so far.

Are the sparkplugs replaced at 150k ?
What about the timing belt?

Note, I'm in Australia but would still be interested in hearing about the likely costs of this service.

I got a quote over the phone which was based on the H6 150k (they said so) for AUD $595 but this did not include plugs nor timing belt which they said are only every 100k?

Thanks,
Pete
Old 10-16-2003, 06:29 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Re: 150,000 Klm Maintenance Service

Quote:
Originally posted by amuse
Hi,

I expect this milestone service to be a fairly comprehensive and hence an expensive one. Any specifics to look out for?

I will be taking in it to my dealer who has serviced about half a dozen SVX's since day one, including mine which had every scheduled service done there so far.

Are the sparkplugs replaced at 150k ?
What about the timing belt?

Note, I'm in Australia but would still be interested in hearing about the likely costs of this service.

I got a quote over the phone which was based on the H6 150k (they said so) for AUD $595 but this did not include plugs nor timing belt which they said are only every 100k?

Thanks,
Pete

Hi Pete, The 150k should be the same as the 50k service. No plugs or belt, there done at the 200k.

Have you got the same water pump. I tried to get my pump changed at the 100k service but the Coffs dealer bummed it up and didn't do it. I wonder at what mileage it self destructs.

Picked up a 97 GX Liberty for a run around, wanted a wagon but they are as rare as hens teeth. So I settled for a sedan.

Harvey.

95 Lsi. Bordeaux Pearl, Aust. RHD.149,000Kls Subaru BBS wheels.
97 Liberty GX Auto sedan. 320,000Kls.
04 Liberty 30R Auto Premium. 92.000kls.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:26 AM
amuse

thanks

Hi Harvey!

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like my dealer is right on the money still which I'm glad to hear. You never know how many SVX's have been serviced for 150klm in these parts thus far.

The 97 Liberty is a great reliable vehicle as you no doubt would know. Judging from the weekly classifieds they keep their value real well too. Last magazine survey I read in that regard placed Subaru second after Mercedes iirc.

Our family car is also a 97 Liberty (rx wagon). Have done 140k in it so far, no problems whatsoever. I hope to take it 300k at least.

Cheers,
Pete.