Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 PM
look like a leprechaun to me

WTB: New window seals or doors in Long Island

I'm in the process of swapping things over from the rotten doors in my ebony '94 to a set of good shells, but have hit a snag with the fixed glass / rubber seal around the glass. The seals won't come out without tearing, and I'm having a hell of a time removing the fixed glass. I think I can figure out a way to remove the glass somehow (maybe just take it to a glass shop) but I don't know what I'm going to do about the rubber seal.

So (long shot I know) does anyone happen to have a new set of rubber window moldings? Or a good set of ebony doors with bronze glass local to Long Island that they'd be willing to part with? Thanks in advance...
Old 04-02-2012, 08:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to Green1995SVX Send a message via Yahoo to Green1995SVX
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Re: WTB: New window seals or doors in Long Island

Send a PM to Mike621. He's the resident glass expert.
2001 Audi S8
Old 04-02-2012, 09:25 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I have both ebony doors off a 96 LSi. (bronze tint) Georgia car it's whole life.
I'm in PA, and I also have many door seals as I can't remember if they are still attached or not.
$300 because true rust free doors are really getting hard to find. I will be at Reading this year, and do make trips to NJ every so often as well.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:38 AM
look like a leprechaun to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post
I have both ebony doors off a 96 LSi. (bronze tint) Georgia car it's whole life.
I'm in PA, and I also have many door seals as I can't remember if they are still attached or not.
$300 because true rust free doors are really getting hard to find. I will be at Reading this year, and do make trips to NJ every so often as well.
Well, unless my schedule changes, I won't be able to make Reading. Since you mentioned it, I assume you're set up to haul large parts like doors...although I don't suppose you're planning any trips to the NJ / NY area at some point before Reading? I can't do a nearly 1k mile round trip drive just to grab doors, especially since I'm going to need to rent something big to haul them. I'd like to stay as local as possible to keep the cost of whatever I rent down, plus the gas too of course. Are the doors complete? Mirrors, glass, door panels, etc.?

Thanks for postin up, I'll keep this in mind in case I can't find anything more local. I PMd another member here who may have a set I could grab.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:53 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX

I may be able to make it to the Philly/Cherry Hill area after Reading possibly, but that's about the closest I'll be for awhile.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: