Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts Wanted > SVX Parts Wanted

Old 08-08-2011, 12:06 AM

Drivers side door panel (inside)

More specifically the part that operates all four windows in the car. I guess I would have to get the whole inside panel. Mine has broken thru.

Mike
Old 08-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Drivers side door panel (inside)

I see an "L" model in your signature, so you are looking for the Grey piece that "holds" the window switch? that in the other models is a woodgrain, correct?
Old 08-08-2011, 12:13 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

The master window switches or the trim piece they sit inside too? Every part is separate. If the switches have fallen down, the tabs that are screwed to the trim piece probably broke. You can most likely fix it with some epoxy or super glue, at least temporarily.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 08-08-2011, 12:26 AM

Thanks for the quick replies. Yes it is grey. The whole window control module just falls through and they're is nothing to hold it up anymore. I have used duct tape before but in this heat the glue doesn't hold up very good. I have a new window motor coming in any day. If I could get that gray piece maybe I can make some sort of bracket to hold up the control module. I have that gray piece but pieces that separate the four holes have broken off. Also the main drivers side switch has broken off. I use it but it won't stay attached anymore.

Mike
Old 08-08-2011, 12:31 AM
some sort of nerd. some sort.

Registered SVX

Not just any glue, man.
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 AM

Registered SVX

I agree. If you don't want to go that route, and actually replace it, I have the parts, but am extremely busy. If someone else gets you the parts should you decide to replace them, I'd be interested in buying your current window switch assembly for a few bucks to see if I can make use of it if the buttons still work as they should and just the mounting tabs are broken.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: