How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 10-12-2002, 01:34 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rayford
need to find tach wire for remote start

I have two problems with installing the commando remote start/keyless entry system : First I need to find a place to hook the tach wire from the remote unit, and the wiring diagram I got with it says it is a yellow wire at the ecu or dash tach, well I can't even see the tach from under the dash and I don't want to mess with the wires on the ecu, besides there looks to be at least 4 yellow wires going into it,, the other option with this unit is to wrap the tach wire around a spark plug wire, and since they aren't like normal sparkplug wires , that doesn't work,, does anyone have any easy way to do this??
Second problem is the door locks.. they said that it is a negative pulse system and I didn't need the relay, well I connected the wires in the drivers kick panel and nothing happens. I kind of have my doubts as to whether the wiring diagram they sent is exactly correct anywary , because the wire they said to use for the brake light was wrong, I finely found the right one, and that seems to work ok....... the reason I need the tach wire hooked up is it starts but only runs a few seconds and dies then restarts and dies and once in a while it will stay running. so thanks in advance for any help you might give on these two issues..
Vernon
Old 10-12-2002, 04:35 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Try going to http://www.bulldogsecurity.com/wires...Wiring+Details and see if it's the same schematic. You may have issues with the factory alarm module when it comes to the door locks. I just double-face taped my remote to the OEM remote. The Bulldog unit (available at Sam's, etc. - around $50) doesn't require the tach signal (you can use it if you want to though) and mine works flawlessly.
Old 10-12-2002, 04:50 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to rayford
Beav. thanks for the address. they have the same color codes as the Commando site did, maybe they are getting them from the same source. and I found out that they aren't exactly right on everything, the brake light wire isn't white / green as is shown, I can't remember for sure but I think it is really white/red.
I thought about using both remotes. but my origional one is only good for a few feet and the commando one is good to about 800 feet..
Vernon.