Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods

Old 02-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Stainless steel exhaust from German auto shop

Ran across some discussion of a stainless steel exhaust in this German SVX forum thread.

Vendor is "Autohaus Helmut Hey e. K." in Waltershausen, Germany.

Link (just pictures, no price): www.autohaus-hey.de/svx

Here's translation of some of the discussion:

Quote:
Hi folks!

I wanted to ask the SVX drivers if anyone had experience with the stainless steel exhaust system from Autohaus Hey?

Here is the link

I have great interest in it, but wanted to know first how the sound is and whether you are satisfied with it.

---

I had Hey install the new catalytic converter to enjoy the tax reduction [govt. emissions related].
But the old cat had been damaged from running aground.

It has functioned very well, I can't complain.

---

How expensive is the conversion and what emission class do you get?

---

Unbelievable

I can't find the bill anymore, I think I paid about 1,200 € [US $1540]. It was higher than previously calculated, because, naturally, this or that [extra stuff] had to be made.

I pay only 6.75 € instead of € 15.13 per 100 cm3 [exhaust], I believe that D3 [?] is what corresponds to "Euro 4" [2005 standard for carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and particulate matter emissions].

Best you inform yourself on the Internet on the club site for the SVX or with Autohaus Hey.

Last edited by SVXdc; 02-03-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:07 AM

Re: Stainless steel exhaust from German auto shop

oooh looks nice

i like the secondary connector between the two mufflers....

this is a new design, i have never seen anything like this b4
Old 02-03-2009, 05:44 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

Very nice.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX

Das pretty....

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 02-03-2009, 04:23 PM

What's the price? I would be ideal as you wouldn't have to replace it for a very long time and it would add to the resale value if it ever came to be. Are they available in the states?
Old 02-03-2009, 07:34 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Says it in the translation: I can't find the bill anymore, I think I paid about 1,200 € [US $1540]. It was higher than previously calculated, because, naturally, this or that [extra stuff] had to be made.

No thanks... lol
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 02-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

Actually, I think the guy was saying that his old exhaust had been damaged from hitting the ground (perhaps driving over something he shouldn't have?), so the shop needed to do additional work / replace more parts than for a standard install.

I doubt they're intending to ship these abroad. Imagine the shipping cost! But then again, if you're willing to pay, they probably won't say no.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:19 AM
Registered fabricator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXdc View Post
I doubt they're intending to ship these abroad. Imagine the shipping cost! But then again, if you're willing to pay, they probably won't say no.
Keep in mind a certain percentage of the exhaust's cost goes towards the TUV approval paperwork. Germany has one of the strictest sound control laws in the world, as well any modifications performed must retain or improve upon the stock vehicle's emissions standards. I imported parts for German cars into the US for 10 years, so I've been there, done that! Even body kits have to be wind-tunnel approved before being legal to sell in Germany, but when they shipped those parts into the US they were actually cheaper as we didn't need the approval papers here. FWIW.

EG33 Impreza tweaks
Old 02-04-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Keep in mind a certain percentage of the exhaust's cost goes towards the TUV approval paperwork. Germany has one of the strictest sound control laws in the world, as well any modifications performed must retain or improve upon the stock vehicle's emissions standards. I imported parts for German cars into the US for 10 years, so I've been there, done that! Even body kits have to be wind-tunnel approved before being legal to sell in Germany, but when they shipped those parts into the US they were actually cheaper as we didn't need the approval papers here. FWIW.

that is why german made stuff is so much better than us made... they test, test, test, regulate, and force the manufacturers to make actually BETTER product than stock to sell it on the aftermarket.

i think this would be the baddest exhaust available, plus it is ub3r-r4r3
the cost isnt that bad... considering Flatt Racing is somewhere in the $2000 range
Stebro is ~$900

so @$1500 it is midrange on price

interesting for sure
Old 02-04-2009, 03:13 PM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

I thought Stebro was like 900 for only the muffler...?
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..