Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2007, 12:59 PM

i will check today but i am at school so i cant right now, so this sprocket is behind the black cover?? i noticed its been taken off before because the rubber seal is coming out and the screw holes are broken on a few.
Old 10-15-2007, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
You say that the car backfires. This would indicate that you may have the plug wires mixed up and on the wrong plugs.
I'd agree with your diagnosis Trevor, but the coil-on-plug set up reduces the likelihood of swapping connections as the lenghts of wire to the coil from the connector is different on each plug. The back coil cannot physically mate to the front plug. Could there have been some swapping in the middle and rear cylinders, possibly. Sounds more like a bad coilpack/coilpacks to me.

How did you remove the coilpacks to change the plugs cruisen_15? Straight pull or did you get a hook shaped pick between the boot and the plug and gently pull it off?
Old 10-15-2007, 03:47 PM

i loosen the bolt holding down the coil packs and when they are unbolted i just pull on the bolt and the pack comes right off, i dont pull aggresivly but i also dont have to cuzz they come off fairly easy, as my hesitation was going my friend said that it sounds like a 2 stoke....... , i was doing about 35 so he said floor it and see what happens, well it dropped down to 2nd or 1st and only went to 4000-4500 rpm and shifted and i was at WOT , we both thought that its probly a cam sensor or something, i can probly make a video, would anyone like me to or will i just be wasting my time?
Old 10-15-2007, 04:42 PM

Exclamation

i went and blew into the tube that goes to my fuel tank that is in the middle of my cannister, well on a scale of 1-10, 1 being blowing through a straw and 10 blowing into a straw with no outlet, id have to say 7 with the white filter on and 6 without the filter, it gave me a pritty bad head ache trying to blow into it, though i could tell some air was going through.... then i checked the tube to the left and that was a definant 10, and the house on the bottom keeps coming out of the hole in the fenderwell or w/e.....
Old 10-15-2007, 06:29 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisen_15 View Post
i went and blew into the tube that goes to my fuel tank that is in the middle of my cannister, well on a scale of 1-10, 1 being blowing through a straw and 10 blowing into a straw with no outlet, id have to say 7 with the white filter on and 6 without the filter, it gave me a pritty bad head ache trying to blow into it, though i could tell some air was going through.... then i checked the tube to the left and that was a definant 10, and the house on the bottom keeps coming out of the hole in the fenderwell or w/e.....
Your wording always makes it difficult to follow your posts. However full marks for the straw and scale of ten description.

However what do you mean by “the white filter”? Do you mean the filler cap?

Doe air come out of the hose at the bottom of the canister and make it come out of the hole in the fenderwell or w/e.....??s

It would appear that somehow the hoses may have mean interchanged at some time and are now not properly connected. In order to sort this out, please try to work our where each hose goes to after leaving the top of the canister and describe them accordingly.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 10-15-2007, 06:57 PM

the white filter looks like a mini in-line fuel filter, i took the gas cap off and its very hard to blow air into the this tube, the other tube to the right i tried blowing into but its impossible, but u said thats good if i wasnt able to blow into the hose to the right of the cannister, if u would,trevor could u read some of my other post on this thread that i may fear u missed
Old 10-15-2007, 07:49 PM

i have a subaru repair manual, i read that and tested my cannister, everything is ok, but i doubt my symptoms are related to the canister , i think it has something to do with my ignition because of what happend when i changed those plugs...
Old 10-15-2007, 07:51 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisen_15 View Post
the white filter looks like a mini in-line fuel filter, i took the gas cap off and its very hard to blow air into the this tube, the other tube to the right i tried blowing into but its impossible, but u said thats good if i wasnt able to blow into the hose to the right of the cannister, if u would,trevor could u read some of my other post on this thread that i may fear u missed
It would appear that all is OK and as it should be.

I now understand about the white thing. This is not shown in the manuals and I removed the one on my car and replaced it with an open piece of tubing. It is appeared to be a form of one way valve. I had been having fuel slow filling problems and thought that the valve might be preventing the adequate exit of air, as the tank filled.

Can anyone throw any light on the reason for this component?

Will try to get time to back track on the thread, but no promises.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!