Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region

Old 05-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Locker Link Solution

State of emergency!

Well, I guess you NH guys are now in on the mess offically too.
It is funny to see the gaurd's humvees cruising around. The SVX def wouldn't make it out in this mess, my legacy is doing just fine though. I haven’t driven through too many REAL floods since last night, but the rivers are now getting worse. We now have rapids, the kind you drown in! and they have consumed the businesses along the river! We have lots of new lakes, and there are no longer shoulders on the roads...

I'm still going to the meet this week end though. Hope you all are doing alright and to see you soon.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 05-15-2006, 04:43 PM
I brought some ham.

Send a message via AIM to Ricochet Send a message via MSN to Ricochet Send a message via Yahoo to Ricochet
got any pics?
Old 05-15-2006, 10:32 PM
Locker Link Solution

I may go take some in the morning.

I have some on the camera now but it is in the car, which I had to leave outside tonight since it's bay is occupied by a mess right now. They are only of gloucester anyway which is nothing compared to here or peabody. I'll post some if I make it out early enough to get there on foot.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Old 05-16-2006, 10:13 AM
Locker Link Solution

still have not gone out yet

still have not gone out yet, but I pulled these off a website.
Maybe these will hold ya over...

I'm going out in a few hours, I'll see what I can get.
The rain has pretty much stopped right here, but more is coming... and ALL of it has to pass through our rivers!

Last edited by Speedklix; 05-16-2006 at 10:19 AM.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:25 AM
Locker Link Solution

The others may not have internetjust yet. I had no phone for about 24 hours, but my electric keeps on buzzin. I'm really surprised at the low number of down trees with all this.

Old 05-16-2006, 08:56 PM
ImprezaRose

These floods are crazy!! I haven't lost power or anything yet but a few of my friends could not get to work on monday! I have passed by a couple places that have flooded out. One road that I usually take as a shortcut to the highway is completely flooded and there's another that has water up to the bottom of the "begin salt route" signs. I can't believe how many roads are washed out. Most are in towns other than mine but I feel bad for the people affected. we are far enough down the road from the lake that we shouldn't be affected other than the HUGE puddle in our driveway. The river by the hudson bridge is way higher than I have ever seen it in my life time. I wish I had pictures of it.
Old 05-17-2006, 05:41 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImprezaRose
we are far enough down the road from the lake that we shouldn't be affected other than the HUGE puddle in our driveway.
Ya that puddle was HUGE. My exhaust turned some of it to steam when I rolled thought it. LOL. The SVX handles great in the rain.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:51 PM
Locker Link Solution

Well, downtown is still flooded... but not as impressive as during the storm. The River is still obscenely high and fast even though it is 100 times better than before.

I also found out today that a guy's car got taken with him trapped inside and drowned just down the road from me.

My pics really don't do any justice and it is really hard to judge if you don't see this place on a regular basis.. maybe when it all settles down I'll take some "normal" pics although I'm sure this will have permanently changed the landscape... Ohh yeah, camera is still in the car... maybe in the morning.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:37 PM
aka sir_romeo

Send a message via MSN to kuroneko_sama Send a message via Yahoo to kuroneko_sama
im in albany on business but when i left on monday it was still pretty bad in some areas, fortunately im elevated enough in the lake sunapee region to not be concerned the lake rose but not tooo much, some neighboring towns are having river trouble, my gfs moms store has a basement flood, and my grandma has a basement flood. my mom works in the brady sullivan tower on elm in manchester, they closed early sun and monday due to the bad driving

hope its not as bad right now
Car #26..'97 SVX Silver (120k and climbing)
previous SVXi:
Car #24..'94 SVX Ebony 216k (sold)
car #18..'97 SVX LSI "Ebby" Pearl 175k (sold)
car #19..'97 SVX LSI Brilliant Red 103k (sold)
car #14..'92 SVX Claret LS-L Touring (sold)
car #13..'94 SVX Laguna Blue LS (sold)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: