Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region

Old 07-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Still a member

Send a message via ICQ to strange179 Send a message via AIM to strange179 Send a message via Yahoo to strange179
EZ-Pass Info

I got an EZ-Pass a few years back when I was regularly driving to and through NY. I knew how well my radar detector worked so I made sure to look at the list and wasn't surprised to find the SVX on there. I got the external pass. It worked great and since I had a black SVX at the time it was actually fairly well hidden. The only problem came in when my g/f at the time was in an accident and the EZ-Pass was damaged beyond use. I then ran into the same problem that pnyklr was mentioning. The EZ-Pass people wanted me to pay for the stupid pass even though the accident had totally been the other driver's fault. I didn't have any luck getting my insurance company to pay for it either but that may not always be the case.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that if you read the "acceptable use" or whatever they call it you'll find out that holding or waving the EZ-Pass while going through a booth is actually heavily frowened upon. From the EZ-Pass web site: "c) If you attempt to use a tag without properly attaching it to your vehicle, you may incur an administrative fee up to $25." So, just be careful that they don't see you or catch you on camera doing that. I'm sure they just love to charge an extra $25 whenever they can.

ok that's all I've got for now
Jay

Black '92 LSl 270Kmi 5MT (W00t! for 1/4 million on 4/27/07)
Laguna Blue '94 L about 130Kmi (I think) for parts, in storage
previous: Green '92 LSl 253Kmi 5MT (sold to ron post moose adventure, sold to someone else)
previous: Maroon '92 LSl 130Kmi +- (sold to Ron, mashed by moose, crushed)
Black '89 XT6 5spd AWD (storage)
Old 07-05-2005, 12:33 AM
Green1995SVX

I have mine mounted on the rear deck between the speakers. No camera tickets yet. Years ago when i first got my EZ-Pass the bumper mount units hadnt come out yet, so this is all i have.

Old 07-07-2005, 12:15 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I have the external one. The internal one WILL work if you have a base model 94. Not sure about 95s

On my 94L it worked fine. Then on the LSi and 92LS-L it does not work so I have to get the external one.

Make sure you are being charged at the right rate. In IL, I had to fight it out with IPASS. They were billing my car at the Semi Truck rates.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-07-2005, 01:53 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraph
I have the external one. The internal one WILL work if you have a base model 94. Not sure about 95s

On my 94L it worked fine. Then on the LSi and 92LS-L it does not work so I have to get the external one.

Make sure you are being charged at the right rate. In IL, I had to fight it out with IPASS. They were billing my car at the Semi Truck rates.
It worked perfectly in my 95L-awd

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: