How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 10-23-2003, 01:00 AM
black-svx

SVX news reprints in my locker

I was bored the other day and cut and pasted tons of different reviews and news articles about the SVX from the early 90s. Anyone really really interested in the history of the SVX and the impact it had before anyone knew it would fail may want to check it out. I think it is word format. Let me know if that is a problem
Old 10-23-2003, 01:29 AM
The Croupier

Interesting reading thx
03 Yamaha V-star custom /classic 3k
Old 10-23-2003, 04:58 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Well done!

Where abouts did you get the articles???

Regards

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 10-23-2003, 06:11 PM
black-svx

LexisNexis keeps track of all these sorts of things. (it's definately not free) I just searched for the word SVX. Apparantly it never shows up in the media except in reference to our car. There were plenty of articles when it came out, then a few when it died, and then a few more when the WRX came out.

I believe these are all newspapers . . . you can also search a limited amount of magazines but mostly only news related ones. I would love to find a reprint of the old road and track or motor trend reports on our car.

mat
Old 10-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by black-svx
you can also search a limited amount of magazines but mostly only news related ones. I would love to find a reprint of the old road and track or motor trend reports on our car.

mat
Nice finds Mat. Are you an attorney by chance?

James (Jamsvx above) has a number of reprints from a wide variety of sources from around the world on his website. I have a number of scanned original articles in my locker. I kept the magazines that I could find that had SVX stuff in them from '92 on. I hope you enjoy perusing them.

Todd
Old 10-24-2003, 01:33 AM
black-svx

Nice articles James . . and Todd yours is great, I can't believe this thing pulls .90 Gs stock. That is awesome. Also, the 114 ft. 60-0 time seems about right, I always knew that this car could stop very quickly.

Well I do have Lexis, but I'm not a lawyer . . . yet. Hopefully by this time next year I will be. I passed the Patent Bar earlier this year so all I have left is the real Bar . .. but I have a few more classes to go before I am there. The car's maintainance is coming from student loan money and I coudn't think of a better way to spend it!

mat
Old 10-24-2003, 10:50 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

James is a barrister in Australia, though I much prefer the Irish description of Solicitor . My wife is a recently graduated attorney as well, hence my question to you.

Best regards,
Todd
Old 10-24-2003, 08:56 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Quote:
Originally posted by wawazat??
James is a barrister in Australia, though I much prefer the Irish description of Solicitor . My wife is a recently graduated attorney as well, hence my question to you.

Best regards,
Todd
emm...actually I'm only a solicitor - a few years yet to go before a barrister (in Australia, like UK, we have a seperate Bar - you can still appear as an advocate in notices of motion and interlocutory applications but to run a matter at hearing you need a barrister)

I've got access to Lexis Nexis though my uni (doing a Masters in Law) so will have to check that out! Hmm.....search for "Broadcasting Amendment Act" or "SVX"....I'll do the later!!

Thanks for looking at my site - have not had a chance to update it but when I do, would you have any objection to having those texts uploaded?? Naturally, I will credit you of course!!!

Thanks

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!