How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2011, 09:25 AM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777
Re: Sometimes start issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by icingdeath88 View Post
Did you try jumping the starter solenoid from the battery? Check if the wire that plugs into the starter solenoid is getting power when you turn the key at all.

I found an old post in which the starter wasn't getting enough amperage to turn over due to having used too small of wires for the NSS clutch switch in manual swapped cars. I used a relay that powers the starter off the battery, starts up every time now.
The first solution proposed here is a band-aid fix - I'm really hoping to acquire the knowledge necessary to find out what is really WRONG here, and correct it as such. Hence my main point of my post - to find wiring schematics and/or physical component locations, as well as seeing if the OP has any new light to shed on their situation that would be beneficial knowledge to the rest of us.

My NSS is nothing but a control circuit - there is no current flowing through it, (certainly didn't route the 30amps for the starter solenoid through it!) so the gauge of wiring used should be of little to no consequence. Additionally, I did the set-up I did after several "Q&A" sessions with Huck, who is and has been running a similar setup on his 5speed swapped cars for quite a while without issue.

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap