SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-25-2006, 06:32 PM
pioji

Oil in the intake manifold

My car is in the shop with the intake manifold removed because the plenum was heavily coated with oil that is coming in through the PCV system and the valve cover breathers. I have a catch can for the PCV line and filters for the breather ports that I intend to install but I'm not sure if I even want to hook up the PCV line again.
My oil dip-stick always pops out so I'm wondering if the rings are OK and I'm not sure that a catch can will keep oil out of the system if the oil is atomized.
The guy at ECU tune told me that all SVX's do this but that doesn't mean they should the way I see it.

Have any of you sealed off the PCV and just allowed the PCV line vent to atmosphere?

I've been thinking about tying the lines from the valve breathers into the PCV line, routing all the blow-by to the catch can and sealing the valve and the inlets on the intake so that the oil won't have a way in but, I don't know how it will effect performance.
This all started when I broke a vacuum line under the plenum and had to remove it to replace the line... the car runs fine, never smokes and it's pretty fast (for an SVX) now that I have dual exhaust (front to rear) and stage II with the Nissan MAF sensor.
Any feed-back would be appreciated.
Thanks,
pioji