How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 06:51 PM
pnyklr

Howdy I'm still here spent the day in and out of shops gettting estimates for the car to get it up to par...

$200 to fix the speedometer
$300 to fix the roof (maaco)
$350 to redo the driver's seat in leather
$60 to redo the sunvisors
$200 to redo the remote start since the one in there the guy never heard of
$250 to put a Meineke BS exhaust on it

$1360 so far not including the $50 I paid to have the speedo looked at the first time and the $50 I paid to DMV

Not to mention 2 body shops said you really need to repaint the whole car the paint is starting to peel on the pass 1/4

Thats the cheapest way out .. not to mention two speakers in the car are shot and I need a new radio since I put a junk stock one in there to replace the other one that literally fell apart!

Ah crap happens ....can you say for sale - ha
Old 01-24-2006, 11:46 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
AAAh, I guess the ther speaker got fixed.
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:50 AM
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
AAAh, I guess the ther speaker got fixed.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Oy wooptie do... I paid to fix the front dif and all that jazz so obviously this isnt in small claims... duh... and this car will be gone soon so its good riddance to it for gods sake. Id shove it off the highest cliff I could find if it meant Id get my bird back. but its ok. There will be another SC sitting in my driveway soon enough.

Enjoy the Thunderbird Chris. Im positive it will last much longer than your SVX.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Quote:
$1360 so far not including the $50 I paid to have the speedo looked at the first time and the $50 I paid to DMV
And yet amazingly enough its still cheaper than the:

$2218.25 for a new front differential
$745 for another fender and repaint
$300 for a new sunroof motor and track
$400 for another set of wheels because yours were so corb rashed that two of them wouldnt seal to the rim any more

And of course theres the $500-800 that SOMEONE, NOT me, will be paying to get another transmission that SUPPOSEDLY was said to have been replaced by the guy you bought the car from but i dont fault you for that.

so a little over $3600 to fix this stuff... so be happy all u have to worry about is cosmetic stuff.. At least it has paint on it (unlike your GN) and all the paint matches (unlike your other thunderbird )

So on that note I believe my nightmare of a svx ownership experience is over... from now on if I want a Subaru... Ill buy a WRX like Chike
Old 01-25-2006, 06:23 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr

ust to be clear, my thingy was about this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapaBavarian
This thread is like a stereo with only one speaker
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:29 PM
SlonSVX5mt

Talking LET me redo the mistakes....

$400 for another set of wheels because yours were so corb rashed that two of them wouldnt seal to the rim any more

WTF... 2200.00 for a diff.?

745.00 for a new fender and paint. again WTF

300.00 for a sunroof assembley is alright, but still to much.( not seller fault it broke) .

400.00 for the wheels hehe, you idot waisted 400.00 on stockies lol

you could of bought some nice used rims on ebay.

When you were buying the car, i think you looked at what you were buying, so dont complain about sh*t like that. smart people take there cars to mechanics to have a look at only 60-75 buck. Idiot do what you did. sooo... dont blame someone for that kind of crap.

and if you did pay 2200.00 for a front diff? -- one word

STUPID
Old 01-25-2006, 10:25 PM
Dont Drink and Drift

Cottman Transmission. Front Dif assembly and the shaft and the gears from the output shaft to the front dif shaft.

Stupid? Yeah stupid for selling an american car and buying a japanese piece.

And why exactly should I give a rip what the hell you think after all? And last time I checked it was my damn car and i can put whatever ****ing rims I want on it and its not your goddammed money in the first place. Theres your two cents.

Jersey folk think they know it all... Funny that their own state wont even trust em to pump their own gas.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:39 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
So on that note I believe my nightmare of a svx ownership experience is over... from now on if I want a Subaru... Ill buy a WRX like Chike
i had my SVX for over 3 years and it was the most reliable car i ever owned.

you just happened to buy a piece of **** one. you should have done some research before laying the money down.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 01-26-2006, 06:50 AM
pnyklr

Quote:
And yet amazingly enough its still cheaper than the:

And of course theres the $500-800 that SOMEONE, NOT me, will be paying to get another transmission that SUPPOSEDLY was said to have been replaced by the guy you bought the car from but i dont fault you for that.

so a little over $3600 to fix this stuff... so be happy all u have to worry about is cosmetic stuff.. At least it has paint on it (unlike your GN) and all the paint matches (unlike your other thunderbird )

The front diff was your screw up I told you I couldve gotten you the parts most likely under $500 (tranny and all)

The fender you could get at the junkyard or from the same guy I told you $25
he was asking but it was a diff color and prob tops $200 to spray and install your price is way out of the ball park

No idea about the sunroof it worked perfect

wheels... I had no problem with the wheels curb rash and all it was the way I got the car from the dealer it didnt bother me and there was never a issue
but again I had a line on a set of rims also I told you about you never asked about

The tranny ... again the dealer I got it from they told me that they replaced it and to call them to get the name and address of the place it was repaired at if there was ever a problem ... I can bet you didnt do that either

The Tbird is what it is a 12 year old car that needs some TLC but dont make it out to be perfect

Now you want to talk Grand National ... the non-painted Grand National will hand a whoop ass to any car you own pretend to own or might own anyday I choose to leave it in primer and have for the 7 years I have owned it
I still got offered $7 grand for it as it sits 6 months ago (would never sell it though)

As far as the other T-bird ... I have owned it for almost 3 years now and it has almost 160,000 miles on it and in 3 years the only thing I did on it was body work from the previous owners accident and from some stupid kid who cut me off who cares about the paint its one of the most reliable cars I have ever owned

On the other hand is that upholstery shop still have the doors closed and not open that has the seat cover you promised me from november??

Also did you check with the guy you got the Tbird from for the extra remote

Ps its not a Viper remote start its some BS Prostart or something you can buy for $20 on Ebay

Have a good day all

Last edited by pnyklr; 01-27-2006 at 06:02 AM.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:25 AM
pnyklr

another lie ......

Have to add $$ to the T-bird price list ....

I went to the store with the car tried to lock the glove box... ha what do you know the key you gave me for the trunk,glovebox and trunk release isnt the right key for the car ....

I ended up going to a lock smith he took out the glove box lock and is making me a key ... another $150 added to the list

And to add to the BS list on your part...

Quote:
Im willing to let it go for 1200 including the spare rear differential and rear tail light assembly. The car is in perfect running order aside from the transmission bands and a dent in the passenger fender. I have already replaced the timing belts and the water pump as preventative maintenance. someone could buy my car and sped 800 for another transmission and have a great awd LS-L for a total of 2000.
How did it cost $745 for a fender ... your for sale post in the for sale forum says " dent in the passenger fender"

Last edited by pnyklr; 01-28-2006 at 08:31 PM.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:39 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

LOL the pinnochio mobile....good one chris

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 01-26-2006, 09:45 AM
pnyklr

Yep this car while it looks nice (repaint except for the roof) everything about it has been a complete lie ... every day I find something else thats BS about it

I do miss the Subaru but I'm going to sell this T-bird too too many issues plus I'm hearing it about owning three cars (no parking and paying for a garage)
Old 01-28-2006, 08:35 PM
pnyklr

Went back to the locksmith today he was crazy busy... seems like the car has had the trunk and lock changed so now I have to go to a body shop to get the lock removed so the locksmith can make the glove compartment key match the trunk or I would have 3 keys for the car instead of two .. more $$ and more agita

Why would the keys I got with the car from him work on the locks on the car duh what was I thinking
Old 01-31-2006, 12:20 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnyklr
Went back to the locksmith today he was crazy busy... seems like the car has had the trunk and lock changed so now I have to go to a body shop to get the lock removed so the locksmith can make the glove compartment key match the trunk or I would have 3 keys for the car instead of two .. more $$ and more agita

Why would the keys I got with the car from him work on the locks on the car duh what was I thinking
so which brand suits your fancy?