How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 07-12-2001, 09:58 PM
carpedick

Rally Graphics for the SVX

Hey guys check out my personal locker, and let me know what you think of the additions to the SVX.
Old 07-12-2001, 10:04 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Rally Graphics for the SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by carpedick
Hey guys check out my personal locker, and let me know what you think of the additions to the SVX.
I think I hope that's photoshop.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 07-12-2001, 10:41 PM
oneothefewproud

Not to be hyper critical here. But dude take that off. I hope you didnt puay much for it. You asked man.

If you like it then more power to ya.

Caio
Wayne
Old 07-13-2001, 06:06 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
Sweet decepticon symbol

I can't say i'm real big on the subaru graphics but i LOVE the decepticon symbol!!! I have an autobot symbol, about that same size that is going to go (as soon as i get around to putting it on) onto the inside windsheild next to the rear view mirror. I have a barcelona red SVX, so it matches....i'll put up a pick when i get a chance.

~Ray
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 07-13-2001, 06:53 AM
Headed to Texas...

Quote:
DELETE THE ADDITIONS!!!

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 07-13-2001, 08:55 AM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
EEEK!

Can't say I like the rally graphics and such on a $30,000 luxury touring coupe...maybe a Civic...but to each his own. I actually know a guy who's car is 10 times worse than that. He has a GRAN TURISMO thing on his hood in bright yellow (his car is green). He even has stickers on the seat. And here's the worst part... cover your eyes if you are sensitive... he put one of those "TYPE R" badges on the back! It looks just plain awful. I am going to try and get pictures next time I see him so everyone can have a good laugh. It's a travesty to witness.

Jeff
Old 07-13-2001, 09:07 AM
picklesbitch

Quote:
If you like it, great. It's not what I would do, but you and I are two different people. One question/comment though. Are you really selling your car? If so, you need to realize that the graphics will decrease the number of potential buyers. Not because of the style, it's just that many people don't have what it takes inside them to draw the extra attention to themselves. Custom cars draw more money, but they are harder to find a buyer for.
Old 07-13-2001, 09:15 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Something is missing...

Needs a wing.....a BIG wing....a biplane wing.....orange.....INTERNATIONAL SIGNAL ORANGE.... Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 07-13-2001, 09:50 AM
carpedick

Yeah, I'm going to see about how the responses go with the graphics on the side. If no one is interested, they're easily removed with a little fingernail time and some adhesive remover. Anyways, I thought that adding that little bit to the side would make it more likely to be sold to a little rice rocketeer, of which we seem to have so many in Sacramento. =)
Old 07-13-2001, 06:08 PM
Hitchhikin'

Wow.... now I really wanna see your car, carpe! I have a hunch that you could remove those with the click of a mouse.....

Funny, are you sure there are that many rocketeers around here? I barely see any of them... None of them drive like it

Just today, I was in a rush to get somewhere... Imagine my surprise when a Lexus IS300 seemed to be accelerating almost as fast as I was.... I'll never know if we was trying to race me... It'd be an interesting match, though... Anyone know the specs on that car? (HP/Torque/curb weight/Front-Rear wheel drive)
Old 07-13-2001, 06:24 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
IS300

Red,
IS300....front engine/rear drive....3 liter inline six....215hp at 5800...218 foot/pounds of torque...(more hp than 328i or A4 2.8)....0-60 in 7.1 with automatic...shift buttons on steering wheel....stick not available until next year...

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 07-13-2001, 08:05 PM
Hitchhikin'

Thanks, Don! My guess, then, is that he wasn't really racing, just driving normally like me! Otherwise, he would have blown by me, since I hadn't hit full throttle. Impressive car, indeed, even if it doesn't have the typical Lexus luxury look.
Old 07-14-2001, 01:00 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I am hoping these are not perm. Damn. I am not going to say U.G.L.Y. but damn, please be nice to the SVX and take them off. But then again, I am into plain look. The more stock it looks, the more the guy next to you will think yoiu have nothing under the hood. I love surprise attacks.
Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 07-14-2001, 01:36 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

I don't think it looks all that bad. It's not something I would do, but there's no accounting for taste. I might do a subtle gold pinstripe one day, just enough to accentuate the lines of the car.

Besides, some people have to have graphics, and some people have to have AWS! To each his own.
Old 07-15-2001, 08:07 AM
CGLathrop

Well....

If it wasnt so... bright... If it was just a shade or two off the color of the car so that it didnt stick out so much.. then.. I might like it.

My $.02