How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-27-2001, 09:49 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Question How can I change the status on my profile?

Okay, I'm still kind of new to this site, but I think I've figured most of it out. But I notice most of you have some clever little alternate status on your profile while I'm stuck with "junior member" I looked at the FAQs and saw how to do it in theory, but my edit user profile screen does not contain the alleged "Custom User Text" field. Any help would be appreciated!

Troy
Old 06-27-2001, 09:51 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: How can I change the status on my profile?

Quote:
Originally posted by MacGyver
Okay, I'm still kind of new to this site, but I think I've figured most of it out. But I notice most of you have some clever little alternate status on your profile while I'm stuck with "junior member" I looked at the FAQs and saw how to do it in theory, but my edit user profile screen does not contain the alleged "Custom User Text" field. Any help would be appreciated!

Troy
Sorry, but, that feature doesn't avail itself until you become a "member." Then, it is automatically added to your profile. Patience is a virtue.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 06-27-2001, 10:12 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Membership has its privileges...

Ahhhhhh I figured something like that was the case....

So what do I need to do to become a member? Is it like an initiation? Do I need to wait under a car in a dark parking lot and slash someone's ankles or something? (before I scare anyone off, I didn't come up with that one, it was a urban legend that went around during the gang scare of the early 90's)

Sigh.... I guess I'll wait patiently until the title of member is bestowed upon me.
Old 06-27-2001, 10:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Re: Membership has its privileges...

Quote:
Ahhhhhh I figured something like that was the case....

So what do I need to do to become a member? Is it like an initiation? Do I need to wait under a car in a dark parking lot and slash someone's ankles or something? (before I scare anyone off, I didn't come up with that one, it was a urban legend that went around during the gang scare of the early 90's)

Sigh.... I guess I'll wait patiently until the title of member is bestowed upon me.
You have to sit on a block of ice, on your naked tukus and while eating crackers you have to successfully whistle Yankee Doodle. You can't get up until you've SUCCESSFULLY whistled every note.
Just kidding. I believe you become a "member" after 50 posts. A "senior" member when you've reached one hundred. Unfortunately, I can't change my designation any more.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-27-2001, 10:50 AM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Membership has its privileges...

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Unfortunately, I can't change my designation any more.

The price you pay for being the almighty moderator...

Thanks for the info! This site isn't as confusing as I thought it would be. Yahoo who?
Old 06-27-2001, 11:33 AM
Lowered SVX

welcome to the net, glad you could join us!

i think i changed my status while i still had junior member up. i will research how to do it then leave you with some instructions.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-27-2001, 11:38 AM
Lowered SVX

ok here you go....

click on Subaru SVX Network, then go down to Private Messages, your user name should be done there, click on it, then click on Edit Profile. You should see a line that says Custom User Text. to the right of that it says new title. there you go! good luck and tell me how it works.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 06-27-2001, 11:52 AM

Registered SVX
Re: ok here you go....

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
click on Subaru SVX Network, then go down to Private Messages, your user name should be done there, click on it, then click on Edit Profile. You should see a line that says Custom User Text. to the right of that it says new title. there you go! good luck and tell me how it works.
Leo, Leo, Leo. You must read ALL the posts before responding. This is quoted from the INITIAL post:

<<I looked at the FAQs and saw how to do it in theory, but my edit user profile screen does not contain the alleged "Custom User Text" field.>>

I also noticed that you used the verbiage in your post, ". . . your user name should be done there . . ."

Is that written in the southern vernacular, as in using "done" as a euphemism for "already?" If so, kudos! I love having multi-lingual people on the board. You and I must converse sometime, using the tongues of our forefathers. Y'all come back now, y'hear.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 06-27-2001, 12:12 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Smile Thanks for the welcome

Yes Randy's right, the Custom User Text option is still not available to me no matter which way I try to access the edit profile screen. No big deal, I'll see what happens after 50 posts.

But thanks for the welcome! I frequented the Yahoo club for about 6 months but can no longer access it due to firewall problems here at work. This site is much better and I hope to drag the rest of my Northwest comrades over here with me.
Old 06-27-2001, 02:19 PM
Dumba$$ Mechanic

Re: Thanks for the welcome

Quote:

But thanks for the welcome! I frequented the Yahoo club for about 6 months but can no longer access it due to firewall problems here at work. This site is much better and I hope to drag the rest of my Northwest comrades over here with me.
You must bow down to the high grand exalted poobah (Aredub), henceforth he will ask sith and Vidar to fix the site to your preferences. He's very good about performing this task, but I must tell you that to get the allmighty's attention you must smack him upside the head with a copy of Road and Track and agree that we all have all wheel steering!

Hey! I heard on teevee that the holocaust didn't really happen, must be true...it was on teevee! (Reporters are never wrong!)