Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 03-21-2010, 08:52 PM
Nürburgring Warrior!

Registered SVX
L.A.

Just got home after a nice trip out to LA for my BIL's wedding. I have to say, LA nicer than I thought but I have two major gripes:

Traffic...OMG are you f'ing kidding me?
Hollywood... what an eclectic bunch of wacko's and hustlers.

My new fav burger is def the In & Out double double.... MMmmmm tasty. It knocked off my all time fav of Jack in the Box's ultimate cheeseburger. I have been waiting for 17yrs to have another JITB's ultimate cheeseburger. I have to say it was nearly as good as I remember it but In & Out just blew it out of the water!

Oh and I saw 1 SVX. A black on black one with 5 spoke wheels and no spoiler. It was turning off Butler near Hollywood. I was the guy waving in the ...gasp... Minivan!
Old 03-21-2010, 11:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX
Re: L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post
Just got home after a nice trip out to LA for my BIL's wedding. I have to say, LA nicer than I thought but I have two major gripes:

My new fav burger is def the In & Out double double.... MMmmmm tasty. It knocked off my all time fav of Jack in the Box's ultimate cheeseburger. I have been waiting for 17yrs to have another JITB's ultimate cheeseburger. I have to say it was nearly as good as I remember it but In & Out just blew it out of the water!

Oh and I saw 1 SVX. A black on black one with 5 spoke wheels and no spoiler. It was turning off Butler near Hollywood. I was the guy waving in the ...gasp... Minivan!
Cool, I was really impressed the first time I had In and Out also.
Nice that you got to see an Svx on the trip. I was just thinking about that today. How many times would you see on on a trip across the U.S. Maybe once, or twice. That's a statement.

I was suprised the see that "The Sheik" Burger joint was still there, when I was in Jacksonville last year. Nice "hole in the wall" burger place.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 03-21-2010, 11:57 PM
Headin' for the hills

Registered SVX
Re: L.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonestock View Post

That could've been me. Where the rims black as well? I try to stay out of Hollywood if possible, but at times it's unavoidable. I was just there a couple
of times last week for work.

When I used to work at the El Capitan theater on Hollywood & Highland I found the best way to get from the parking garage at the Kodak Theater across the street into the office on the top floor of the 'Cap. Just call someone when you leave your car and hang up when you get to your destination. Walk fast, and talk business 'cause if they mark you as a tourist you'll never get anywhere without a shakdown. Scary place, I'm glad you made it out in one piece.
'92 LS-L "Bandit" #362 formerly dark teal, repainted by prev owner
Mods: ECUTune 2v7f, Earthworm bushings, Pioneer DVD/Bluetooth phone, Infinity Reference all around, tint, 17" wheels, custom seat belt computer, velcro visor

Buying parts is like car payments. Someday she'll be all mine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: