Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2009, 04:07 PM

Registered SVX
Re: SVX bodykit and front update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farang View Post
I wished to update the SVX but it there should be only Subaru. My idea of front end restyling is here.

I actually really like that Makes me think of the 2 door legacy coupe Ive always wanted lol but as far as I know subaru never ever made
1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 12-29-2009, 04:14 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbieatnz View Post
I actually really like that Makes me think of the 2 door legacy coupe Ive always wanted lol but as far as I know subaru never ever made
Also that photoshop reminded me of this one lol

1973 1400 GSR Yelo 2 Door Coupe awaiting Restoration
Old 12-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX

Quote:
I wished to update the SVX but it there should be only Subaru. My idea of front end restyling is here.

This one is so good you should put a patent on it straight away!

Just so you can claim kudos on it I'm going to offer you a nice name for this conversion:-

The Subaru SVXTACY

Also, there is one additional finesse that I personally would add to this upgrade to make the SVX a genuine fire-breather. If you look closely to the bonnet [hood] of the Mazda MPS from the earlier picture you will see a bonnet bulge about 1/2 metre wide running from the grille to the screen.

This bulge feeds air to the top mounted intercooler [also known as TMIC to tuner speak people ] for the Mazda turbo system. Modifying the hood with this bulge clearance will allow the use of a TMIC over the SVX engine and the benefit of using a turbo or even a belt driven supercharger that would bring the performance of the modified SVX easily into the 400s.

That would be a decent SVX to own.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

I'm gonna have to say I like 4 7 and your last one the best, 14 is decent but could be toned down a bit.

However I'm deff with keeping the headlights the same shape and not altering the hood except perhaps in the fashion joe just mentioned. but I for one like more of the small legacy gt style scoop for cooling and look.

Wide body fenders might look good, but I like the top half of the front end of the svx a lot and don't wanna change it very much if at all.

I personally love the 97 grille, so Id like to keep that as well. I also agree that the addition of fog lights is redundant the svx already has enough lights.

but all in all good work and nice visuals.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I like Legacy BL5\BLE so much and I wished to use front end from this model (JDM only). I think it could be an excellent thing. Amazing.......But it was impossible. There is too many volume of alterations. I have not professional equipment and qualification.

Quote:

Those are FANTASTIC.

All three of them, but the 2004-2007 BL Legacy face looks phenomenal, beyond the other two. A seam line to match the rest of the body, and blacking out the center support in the lower grille opening, and it would look like it was designed for it.

The updated, upswept BL Legacy (2008-2009) headlights look good, and the JDM Spec B bumper cover looks remarkably decent.

The only changes, due to the SVX's width beyond the Legacy's, would be to make the headlights slightly wider (kinda like the R33 GT-R as, but keeping the projector-type low beams), and de-emphasizing the height of the upper grille a bit. in that way, the late 90's era Legacy actually keeps the low, wide look that SVX has.

------------

1992 Claret SVX. Rescued from certain destruction, and still on the road, where it belongs. Waiting for a bit of a makeover, when I can afford it.
2005 Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Limited 5-speed. - The late great Subaru sport touring sedan.
1999 Classic Red Miata, Preferred equipment package 5-speed. Fun, fun, fun, in the Sun, sun, sun.

Last edited by BoxerFanatic; 12-29-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:01 AM

Thanks guys for an good estimation of my job. I have developed the plan of update my SVX couple months ago. The new hood has been made of fibreglass by me already. Also the new headlights from Legacy was installed. I wished to finish the project this year. However I'm very strongly busy in last weeks. Therefore my project is actually frozen. I will hope my project will be finished in beginning of 2010. And I will be able to show unique SVX soon.

It is the sketch of my future car. I only have not decided to paint it in white colour or to leave the original red.
Perhaps some distinctions in details will be however I will try to make all as much as possible precisely

Happy New Year. Good luck and take care of yourself.

Nunquam Non Paratus

Last edited by Farang; 12-30-2009 at 02:17 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:33 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

That's the first rear I've liked outside of sticking OEM out of anything I've seen offered! Nice!
As for the hood budlge for an TMIC. I don't think even with the buldge there'd be enough clearance. However with a lot of these other frontends I'm seeing lots of FMIC(front mounted intercooler) thoughts.

As for the widebody... I guess I need to get my ass in gear drawing up stuff and laying out thoughts of specs. I'm a firm believer in keeping the hood and headlights as they are with as little change as possible to them. Hood scoop excluded as I kinda am getting an itch to slap on my S201 scoop to my hood. laying it on the car looks great. I really want to go for a GT300 spec ish look. I am so tearing appart my next SVX and doing a full build on it.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis
Old 12-30-2009, 06:23 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
I personally love the 97 grille, so Id like to keep that as well. I also agree that the addition of fog lights is redundant the svx already has enough lights.

but all in all good work and nice visuals.
I like the '97 grille as well Johny, but I suspect if Farang has made a hood he may already have opted by necessity for the Legacy shape grille, which curves into the shape of the lamps on the inside.

In the past I've had 2 of those JDM Legacy TTs and the dark chrome on those grilles is a bugger for chipping off. It's really hard to get a complete good one, but maybe you could buy an OEM new one from Subaru Japan?

As regards your fog lights comment Johny, you may not be aware that the lower outer lamps on the Legacy bumper are shining to the side, not forward. At night when your lights are on as you turn into a gate or side road these lamps light up to show you the area you are about to turn into. This is a whizz of a feature and worth having. IMHO.

Joe

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-30-2009, 06:26 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX

I forgot to mention; you would need to replace the Legacy badge off the grille [which is a cool badge!] with the Alcyone Japanese badge, which is chilled to the bone!

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 12-30-2009, 12:34 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:

^^^^^^THAT IS PURE SEX^^^^^^^^^^^^
and some
Old 12-30-2009, 03:42 PM

That is pretty sweet looking I like that rear end, noticed no side skirts though...
Old 12-30-2009, 06:50 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post
That is pretty sweet looking I like that rear end, noticed no side skirts though...
yeah i think it would have to be something completely custom that will match the lines on the back and front bumpers and maybe even a few air passages into the bottom of the rear arches for a little extra rear brake cooling ?and a thin strip of gray/black like on the bottom of the rear one and maybe a little on the front too
Old 12-30-2009, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aust92pearl View Post
yeah i think it would have to be something completely custom that will match the lines on the back and front bumpers and maybe even a few air passages into the bottom of the rear arches for a little extra rear brake cooling ?and a thin strip of gray/black like on the bottom of the rear one and maybe a little on the front too
I like when there is an air passage tastefully built into the side skirt but most aren't functional they end up just for looks. I know there is some older mustangs that had a decent looking air vent but I agree it definitely needs to tie the front in with the rear, I like the rear so much that a black strip would look nice.
Old 12-31-2009, 04:51 AM

One more idea... I like it

Nunquam Non Paratus
Old 12-31-2009, 05:39 AM
H6 THE ONLY WAY!

Send a message via AIM to Seraphinwolf Send a message via Yahoo to Seraphinwolf

Quote:
One more idea... I like it

It does looks good but I think it's too much in the same image of a 840i already and takes away just some of that last subaru feel to the car at that point.
Rota Tarmac 3's 18x8" on 245/40/18 Dunlop SP Sport 600's, Perrin light weight crank pulley, PRW radiator, custom coilovers(not GC's), 9006 HID 4300k 50W low beams, DIY garage door lip, and SVXfiles brake kit. Fixxed exhaust so no more sweet sound.

97 White/Black trim Impreza Outback Sport (March 13/08) 150K-180K(sensor broken)Good news is EZ30R and 05' 6speed full powertrain swap is in motion!: Will be doing more work as I can. Gonna be run by a Hydra so yeah fun to be had.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
-Gaddis