Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 08-22-2008, 12:52 PM

Checking Interest Now...

Ok, I have seen alot of people myself included interested in Cloud bumpers front and rear as well as the side skirts. I am currently out of the country (US) but plan to have a full kit made if the interest is out there, shortly after I return. In order to do so I would have to fund 10 kits, and I will do that out of pocket as long as I think I can sell the rest later. Here is my "guestimate" of what I would sell them for.
Front Bumper $600
Rear Bumper $550
Side Skirts $425

Prices may change because I have only been given an initial quote and then there are design issues I am certain will have to be worked out since we have very little other than some blurry pictures to go from.

So let me know who is interest and what suggestions anyone may have.

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:04 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001
Re: Checking Interest Now...

Not to be a downer, but I'll throw my name into the interested hat, you're probably about the 10th person to say they are going to build a body kit only to eventually realize just how costly and time consuming it is, but nonetheless, good luck, and i'd definately buy em if you made em. Chris.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:19 PM

i agree and understand, I know there has been alot of people start and it goes no where or just one of a kind or disappears.

I am not making them I will be paying to have them made. Earliest I can get them started will be in December so that is why the checking interest now. Plus it is alot of money out of my pocket up front but I think it is better that way than going for a group buy. Thanks for the interest and I will use this thread to check back on those interested as the time gets closer.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:55 PM
Electronic Counter Measures ON

Send a message via ICQ to Sov13t Send a message via AIM to Sov13t Send a message via MSN to Sov13t

Interested... but share the same opinion with SVXMAN2001.

Many people come out and get our hopes up... and then fade out....
Old 08-22-2008, 04:30 PM

ok again I understand about the hopes up and then nothing and I don't intend to do it because I plan to do this pretty much regardless of who says they are interested but I just need some patience with time. It will work easier if someone is in california and wants to donate their car for the build and I can guarantee their kit for free. I may even be able to start this sooner if a few other things work out. i am just hoping to get an idea of 10-15 people interested and I will contact those on this post first come first serve and if one passes it will go to the next. My only real issue is concern over copyrights and I have ideas for small changes to the original cloud design that will still keep the over all look but enough to make it my own for build if needed other than that hopefully we get more interest otherwise I should be contacting you guys in the next few months. btw build time is 6-8 weeks from start to finish and price will start as negotiable for the first few kits but it will be fiberglass for those curious.
thanks.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001

Sowise, I am not in California, rather in NY, however, i do have a spare front and rear bumper and set of stock side skirts (lower moldings)...let me know if this will help the cause...
Old 08-22-2008, 05:52 PM

yeh I am willing to send mine too but the company doing it would like a car there to do the fit up, I have to do an engine swap when I get back so my car isn't even an option (besides the long drive to CA) but if they ask for parts I will definitely let you all know to see who is willing to donate.

If I get someone in CA willing I can start them sooner so hopefully a few others will see this post in the next few days. Otherwise it will definitely have to wait till I get back in December.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:39 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX

Instead of copying someone else's design.....

And since you're already going to put alot of work into this.

Why not just design your own body kit?

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 08-23-2008, 08:00 AM

I figured a question like this would come up.The Cloud kit as far as my research has only consisted of the side skirts the front and rear bumpers were not made and the pictures of them we have seen are photoshops. I could be wrong and some things get lost in the translation from Japanese to english but I don't believe they were ever produced for sale. That and you don't see much of the inner structure that will make it strong enough to hold up and not vibrate or break.

I think I am using the cloud pictures as a platform to design mine from because it looks great on the car and matches what I want and because alot of others feel the same way about it too.

I think of this potential kit being listed not as a "Cloud Clone" but more of an "Inspired By Cloud" type thing.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:16 AM

Send a message via AIM to Roo Send a message via Yahoo to Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post
It will work easier if someone is in california and wants to donate their car for the build and I can guarantee their kit for free.
Where in California do you want it? I have two SVXii, and one of them is a project car which is currently sitting idle. I could trailer it to wherever you're looking to have one if needed, and I also have a daily driver SVX which I could drive there, but only if there's a QUICK (1 wk. or less) turnaround.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:38 PM

I believe it is in Riverside CA the build takes 5-7 weeks. The "donor" car gets a free kit and will be the person who verifies the design. I plan to contact them in the next week via email to get an idea of their design process and how much input they require or need. If you are still interest definitely let me know and I would be happy to work with you on this outside the forum.
Thanks
Old 08-25-2008, 10:46 PM

Send a message via AIM to Roo Send a message via Yahoo to Roo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post
I believe it is in Riverside CA the build takes 5-7 weeks. The "donor" car gets a free kit and will be the person who verifies the design. I plan to contact them in the next week via email to get an idea of their design process and how much input they require or need. If you are still interest definitely let me know and I would be happy to work with you on this outside the forum.
Thanks
If they are available on a Saturday for taking possession of the SVX, and they can do the work with a minimal input or input via pictures/email, then I'll be happy to do it.
Old 08-27-2008, 12:23 PM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Send a message via MSN to Nomad

I would be interrested to buy after seeing what it will look like !
Old 08-28-2008, 05:32 AM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

Agreed, i'm curious what it would look like. Any chance of a rough idea?
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 08-28-2008, 05:53 AM

sorry guys been dealing with some internet and work issues. I hope to have some more info after this weekend. I actually am getting a break from work to check stuff out and get better details.

I need to find out their "process" for design and build still. The plan is to have the overall look be very similar upon initial appearance to the Cloud pics that have been posted. I would like to know which design you all prefer for the rear bumper.

(hopefully the attachments work)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svx_cloud_20060713.jpg (7.3 KB, 305 views)
File Type: jpg rear_design.jpg (5.5 KB, 295 views)