Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-26-2007, 06:17 PM
FLATT racing div.

Registered SVX
The Alcyone should continue. It was the XT that was developed in the US (harvey Lamm) and that brought subaru much praise and sucess as the 90's approached. Then they went in over their head on the SVX with no true planning and almost did them in. I agree that there needs to be more than a Legacy/impreza to choose from such an innovative company as subaru. Now that they know what they should do from their past they just need to do it. And get away fron this whole tribeca V shaped grill thing . Fugly. From what you all say that b9 scrambler concept is what subaru may have in mind. There is no reason a new alcyone shouldn't suceed, the reason the XT and SVX did not sell was because they were SOOO ahead of their time. Think about it an SVX in todays market(with better performance stats)would sell with ease. Why doesn't subaru look back on some of their creative concepts from the 80's (f-9X, estremo, SRD-1, and ACX-II)and combine this with the setup from earlier platforms and some modern technology and they would have a sweet ride to offer. IMHO

Anymore though subaru is becoming.......................vanilla.

former:
1991 4wd XT6 5sp. (SUBDUED)
Old 02-26-2007, 07:59 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to jwd45535
Maybe the Alcyone would sell really well if the new name grabbed every one's attention. With a new name and great advertising (new and different to Subaru's focus) this luxo-coupe could sell like no body's business.

Possibly a commercial could show a Nascar dad dropping his kids at school while it is raining in the new Alcyone and then he races to work down a twisty road. While doing so it shows off the window-within-a-window feature that (in some instances) prevents the rain from coming into the car.

Then maybe another commercial in a warm house with him (the guy from before) kissing his wife before he goes off and the wife takes the Alcyone to the market in snowy weather through a different twisty road at speeds that at least look fast to show off the all-wheel drive and handling while taking an inside view showing a nav. system and automatic climate control.

Any of y'all have commercial ideas?

Anyhow, I definatly think the car should be designed in Italy again and, as I mentioned above, they should keep the window-within-a-window feature. Definatly no ugly grill or making it too similar to the rest of the line. We will still want it to look a little like the rest of the line so that the public can identify it with Subaru (wether thats good or not) Japan still produces good products so keeping it made in Japan would be a good idea. Plus they don't need to make the base model worth $80,000. They can just make a trim level that can be a really good rival to the Skyline while a lower trim can rival the RX8 and the 350Z. However I don't thinkit should rival the MX-5 or the Sky/Solstice with a short little coupe. The SVX and XT had a back seat which those three don't. Plus a convertible may look weird as a Subaru and it would be hard enough to remarket the Alcyone in a way to still have Subaru's image attacted (even if it is just by a thread).

Any more design ideas? I'm a sucky artist but I have a convertible laptop (for those not computer literate it's a laptop where you can write on the screen with a special stylus [I don't mean to talk down to anybody. I'm just from a family with a few programers.]) and a printer with a scanner. Sometimes seeing the ideas on paper/screen helps better choose ideas. I'm already tring a roadster version base on GM's Sky/Solstice.

Last edited by jwd45535; 02-26-2007 at 09:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:22 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I've started doodling something in paint. I've got a side and the back drafted and I'm working on the front now. It's pretty amateurish, but I like where I'm going and it's not too bad considering I'm using a trackball.

This is also a roadster with a back seat big enough for a dog or couple cats (or groceries for you eating types).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg svx 2 concept color.JPG (44.0 KB, 232 views)

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
I've started doodling something in paint. I've got a side and the back drafted and I'm working on the front now. It's pretty amateurish, but I like where I'm going and it's not too bad considering I'm using a trackball.

This is also a roadster with a back seat big enough for a dog or couple cats (or groceries for you eating types).
That is neat. Also, you did a pretty good job. I usually use paint to design my own backgrounds and I have no artisticability on a computer. Thats why I got a tablet pc. It is not bad considering I've beaten the poor thing up when it got really cold here. It is a Gateway CX2620.

Anyhow, on deviantart (an artist blog) I found this picture that someone drew. http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/39037317/ If one of you drew this, do you live close to OKC, OK and do you give free drawing lessons?

Last edited by jwd45535; 02-26-2007 at 09:34 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Well, here's my quick contributon. This is my prototype roadster, as depicted by subaru's current automotive designs department. This should be prety well within niche standards, Not to mention its already partially in car commercial form....

special note....this is only the base model, hence the bench seat. Still, it's a considerable step up from the current imprezza line....
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Last edited by It's Just Eric; 02-26-2007 at 09:45 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 09:26 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Lmao!!!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:27 PM

You got the ugly V grill just right!
Old 02-26-2007, 10:13 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
That's funny.

I finished the front end, but I got pretty lazy and didn't change the things I don't like. Drawing on computers is hard.

--
Edit because I put some wheels on it.
Attached Images
File Type: png svx 2 concept color.PNG (24.7 KB, 229 views)

Last edited by NikFu S.; 02-26-2007 at 10:32 PM.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
I can imagine the new SVX keeping the same windows design, a newer look and a central engine position

I've always seen the heavyweight front engine as a weak point in handling

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:29 AM

Thanks for the help and and good job NikFu S. and It's Just Eric. You reaspond quick and did good and/or quick jobs at the SVX. I hopefully will have my pics up here in a bit. All of those who are also reading this, give us your ideas. This forum is just for ideas and for fun. No one should make fun of you art so just post. Who knows, maybe you have a better artistic ability than you thought.

Any name ideas?

Any commercial ideas?

I would love to hear all avalible ideas.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:02 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
I'm taking a sick day today so I have lots of time. I've tried my hand at pencil doodling on paper and I came up with something I really like. I'm gonna see if I can't make a really nice PSP drawing. Stay tuned.

---

Got bored after a while. :/

Last edited by NikFu S.; 02-28-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:38 AM

Ok. That looks really neat. Did you have any design/computer art classes?
Your designs aren't perfect, but if you practice more you can get further.

Anyhow, hopefully I'll get my designs up tonight or this evening. My wireless conection was acting screwy so I have been using other computers. I'm not used to Macs at all. Lol. Lucky we found out are cable modem and wireless router just needed reset so I can get on my pc. I will also post a car that looks weird or something (Ijust don't know how I would desribe it) that I think y'all might get ideas off of. Also, I'll warn you now, I can really only do side views.

All of you out there reading this forum should go and give ideas. I at least value your opinion. That way we can at least make a cool car for the site to be proud of, wether it comes out (just an idea that is not in motion) or not.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:58 AM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Well, here's my quick contributon. This is my prototype roadster, as depicted by subaru's current automotive designs department. This should be prety well within niche standards, Not to mention its already partially in car commercial form....

special note....this is only the base model, hence the bench seat. Still, it's a considerable step up from the current imprezza line....
Did you copy the grillie from Alfa ?? Apart from gillie, it seems Subbie is going in this direction from its recent body designs...

-Pavan.
Old 02-28-2007, 05:43 PM
AWD..... NOTHING COMES CLOSE

Send a message via AIM to SubaruSVXCrazy
Try this

Hi I Liked all the pictures you guys drew. They look good. I had bought the Road and Track book on ebay a few years ago. Not back in 90's but now the pics they had were pretty good for a SVX Now. I know It needs more detail and upgrades but I think there a good start for a new SVX or Alyclone. What do ya think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SVX 4.JPG (7.2 KB, 268 views)
File Type: jpg svx 5.JPG (20.7 KB, 272 views)
File Type: jpg svx 6.JPG (30.8 KB, 258 views)
File Type: jpg svx 3.jpg (79.7 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg svx 1.jpg (78.6 KB, 255 views)
Old 02-28-2007, 06:10 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd45535
Ok. That looks really neat. Did you have any design/computer art classes?
Your designs aren't perfect, but if you practice more you can get further.
I've had a couple but nothing that would relate to this.
Some cold medicine knocked me out so I slept most of the day otherwise I would have refined the design quite a bit more. Problem is I just got bored with it.

Here is what it looks like without the lighting effects.
Tires could use some air.
Attached Images
File Type: png svx 2 concept 2.PNG (83.5 KB, 210 views)