Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Audio/Video/Nav/Security

Old 02-21-2007, 08:42 PM
gettin there....

Send a message via AIM to RedHotSVX Send a message via MSN to RedHotSVX Send a message via Yahoo to RedHotSVX
Advise for amp power wire...

I am installing an after market stereo with 2 amps and was trying to find a way to run the power wire from the battery to the trunk and was surprized at the lack of grommets on the firewall to run it through to the cabin.I figured there would be a few on the pass for right hand drive versions.Am I missing something,has anyone out there drilled a hole through the firewall for this?
I tried where the main harnesses run through over the accellerator pedal and to the right of the heater hose,but I guess it's a two layer firewall in those areas.
1997 LSI,18 inch Axis wheel(summer),16 inch ALT wheels(winter),Trans temp/Volt gauges,Iridium plug's, Autotechnica intake,silverstar high/low and fogs,polyurethane sway bar bushing's front and rear,Smallcar shift kit,Stebro exhaust finally..SWEET!!
Motorsports drilled/slotted rotor's front and rear with ceramic pads and SS brake lines.
1997 SUS Legacy,finally got the engine in after a year!!
My Locker
www.myspace.com/devilhornz
Old 02-21-2007, 09:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
you could just drill a hole or take off the fender and route it with the rest of the wires (on the drivers side)
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 02-21-2007, 09:40 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
I use the hole for the A/C drain on the passengers side foot well.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:38 AM
gettin there....

Send a message via AIM to RedHotSVX Send a message via MSN to RedHotSVX Send a message via Yahoo to RedHotSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFBeefcake
I use the hole for the A/C drain on the passengers side foot well.
I was thinking of that,but the power wire is over half the size of the drain hose and I didn't want to compress it that much to keep it from clogging.
1997 LSI,18 inch Axis wheel(summer),16 inch ALT wheels(winter),Trans temp/Volt gauges,Iridium plug's, Autotechnica intake,silverstar high/low and fogs,polyurethane sway bar bushing's front and rear,Smallcar shift kit,Stebro exhaust finally..SWEET!!
Motorsports drilled/slotted rotor's front and rear with ceramic pads and SS brake lines.
My Locker
Old 02-22-2007, 06:46 PM
gettin there....

Found a conveniently located grommet in front of both doors that leads in behind the kick panels,they are far enough foward the the door doesn't interfere with the wire,yet not hard to reach......finally a little closer to some better sounding music
My Locker
Old 03-04-2007, 07:39 PM
THE MEMBER

Send a message via AIM to marlettpat Send a message via Yahoo to marlettpat
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHotSVX
I was thinking of that,but the power wire is over half the size of the drain hose and I didn't want to compress it that much to keep it from clogging.
i have a Double ZERO gauge wire running thru there with no clogging, just as an fyi