Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Suspension

Old 09-25-2006, 10:47 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Feeler Pre-made SVX Suspension

Curious to see what the interest in a coil over/ spring& Strut bolt on would be. There's a local shop that has a good standing with a lot of awesome companies, Tein, Koni, Bilstein, KW, etc. Jokingly I told him he should try and get one of his Suppliers to make us a bolt on performance suspension. Well today he sent me a PM on another Forum I'm on telling me he E-mailed several of the Suspension Manufacturers.

Pretty much I'm just curious how many of you, if any would be interested in a bolt on Coilover thats less than $3000. It'd be awesome if we can get some of these manufacturers to get a re-newed interest in this car.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 09-25-2006, 11:24 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Like I said in another thread. If it is less than $1100 I am in. If not, it is sheets to the wind for me because I am a cheap bastard with a welder

Tom
Old 09-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Ask him for this:

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:05 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
And who is that made by?
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 10-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
If it can out perform the Aragosta's and is still less than $3k, im in! but if not, i'll just keep saving for the Aragosta's.

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 10-05-2006, 12:10 PM

Do we know of anybody that has the Aragostas installed? Any feedback on them? Are they bolt on or do they rears mounts require modification? Just curious.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:56 PM
Back Road Blazer

Send a message via AIM to black beast
Tein is running a new gig that if you send them the stock suspension they will make a custom suspension for your car. Sounds like a mad good deal, not sure on price though, that could ruin the goodness of it...
'94 ebony pearl, with orange "silicone" hoses, painted beauty cover, Tom's Intake, Dayles Cold air intake; with HKS mega suction foam air filter, 3in header back exhaust, STI ground wires, euro front fascia, euro front grill, reactive 17in wheels, Nitto Invo's, Drilled and slotted rotors, stainless break lines, Koni strut inserts, Drop springs, 5MT, shotshifter, Clutchmasters clutch, ACT prolite flywheel, EL Glow gauges, The ECUTune stage 2. To Do: Cams, port and polish, etc.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:09 PM
Maniac modifier

not to be a hack but Danny, thats not your car... Who's is it and what kind of suspension is that??

Tom
Old 10-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
I'm sorry but for 3K you could pay a suspension shop to make coilovers using a custom bilstein, or Koni shocks valved specifically for your car and application, using spring rates that are also custom to your car and application. Suspension shops have the ability (and tools) to solve the equation that is suspension. In the end a "pre-made engineered coilover" is really just a coilover from a similar app that has been adjusted to work in this one, and then produced. Just do that at a shop rather than deal with corporate premiums.

No reason to pay more for a part that won't be as good as things that are already available.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 10-10-2006, 02:47 PM

Support our Troops

Lets support the few small vendors that have supported our cars faithfully through the years. Check with Dayle at www.motorsportswarehouse.com. I think he has some koni/GC kits he wants to sell. They are great. I doubt you will have a strut made that outperforms this setup.
Old 10-10-2006, 03:00 PM
Maniac modifier

is he just selling the pieces or is he selling the built kit?? The pieces can usually be picked up for less than Dayle as he is only middle manning this.

Tom
Old 10-10-2006, 06:54 PM

Mswh

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
is he just selling the pieces or is he selling the built kit?? The pieces can usually be picked up for less than Dayle as he is only middle manning this.

Tom
He has instructions on the install for the SVX setup which really helps. Also he has worked on the setup. I thought that the price was very reasonable. In my experience Dayle has always been a straight shooter. I've never heard anything negative about him. I was fortunate enough to visit his shop in Tuscon. He is a very dedicated motorhead.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:47 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
not to be a hack but Danny, thats not your car... Who's is it and what kind of suspension is that??

Tom
I stumbled across these pics on a Japanese website. If you see everything is modded in this suspension, even the small balancing arms are custom (adjustable??) unlike ours.

I wish there was a cheap way where I can get all your shocks, shot or not, I can customize them here according to the stiffness you ask for. Mine are as solid as they were welded to the chassis. Cost? $300 for all 4. I have been running on them for the last 3 years with no probs whatsoever.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:07 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
that small bar looks like a sway/stabilizer bar end link.

Couldn't tell you how they did the rest of it, although it really wouldn't be that hard to have a shop (typically race car/rally car shops will be able to do this for you) order biltstein shocks that are the correct length and flex, and then custom valve them to fit your application. use some threaded mounts for a coilover perch, and take some weights/measurements and you have a fully setup car.

Would probably end up being under 2 grand as well.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker