How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-08-2002, 09:52 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Bodyshop blunders

I've had my car back from the bodyshop for 2 weeks now but it has gone back today to fix the things they missed:

1. Tint on the driver door upper window was ruined
2. Overspray on the passenger front fender
3. Urethane panels were not installed on the lower panels behind the doors
4. Scratches were left in the roof during repair

I politely pointed these items out to the bodyshop and they will be taking care of them without question.

After this I will be talking to the people who "professionally" installed my stereo for destroying my dash and seriously scratching some of the "wood" panels. Somehow I don't think they will be as cooperative considering the main piece they damaged is USD$550 on subaruparts.com. Maybe it can be repaired? (and I don't mean with duct tape)
Old 04-08-2002, 07:29 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Dave,
I'm so sorry that you've had problems with your body work!
I hope that they fix it just like new.

--- Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 04-08-2002, 07:51 PM
svxeno

Re: Bodyshop blunders

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
I've had my car back from the bodyshop for 2 weeks now but it has gone back today to fix the things they missed:

After this I will be talking to the people who "professionally" installed my stereo for destroying my dash and seriously scratching some of the "wood" panels. Somehow I don't think they will be as cooperative considering the main piece they damaged is USD$550 on subaruparts.com. Maybe it can be repaired? (and I don't mean with duct tape)
EArth,

What did they damage on/in the dash?

Randy (Stereo minds wanna know) ii
Old 04-08-2002, 10:31 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
When they were installing the stereo they poked a hole in the dash behind the front panel. The hole now stops the door from sliding down smoothly. I may take a couple photos of the damage.

I'm taking the car back in the morning to show them. (It's spending the night at the bodyshop)

My car will never be "like new" but I would like to bring it as close as possible. I keep getting this sneeky feeling that the car may have been swamped at one time though.
Old 04-09-2002, 03:58 PM
svxeno

Quote:
When they were installing the stereo they poked a hole in the dash behind the front panel. The hole now stops the door from sliding down smoothly. I may take a couple photos of the damage.

I keep getting this sneeky feeling that the car may have been swamped at one time though.

Earth,
I'm having trouble picturing the dash damage. It'll be interesting
to see.

As far as swamped? Now this is scary...

Maybe try "Carfax" to see if it was ever titled salvaged.

Randy (Thinking swamped means water) ii
Old 04-09-2002, 08:32 PM
Meow!

Does anyone here have an account with Carfax and would be willing to look up my car history for me please?

I have pictures of the damaged dash still sitting on my camera. I'll upload them to my locker and/or this thread when I get home from work.

Now for my continuing story:

I went to pick up my car this morning from the bodyshop. No more scratches, no more overspray and they installed the rock guards behind the door. The window tint is a whole different story.

I told the bodyshop where I had the windows tinted. Instead of getting them to fix the one bad window they had the company they usually use to attempt to match the tint......which is only available from the place it was originally tinted.......which is also the only place here authorized to install that particular film.

Needless to say it didn't match (not even close actually). It took less than a second to notice the irregularity. In an event to hide their mistake they also retinted the lower door window. Now not only do I have one bad window but now I have two! They didn't even do a good job with the tint (too many dust spots to count!).

I'm hoping that while I'm at work today that the ended up dropping off the car at the place I originally had it tinted to get the job done right (proper tint without dust spots in a tinting booth).

As for the stereo/dash I was promised a remote for the Alpine deck and they got it for me today . They installed the wrong 6x9's and the ones I requested are no longer available. They are going to repair the hole in the dash (as long as it doesn't catch the sliding door I'll be happy). And one of the subs in the trunk was bottoming out (I'm going to upgrade them with beefier ones).

This is my story for the day...back to work now.
Old 04-10-2002, 10:00 AM
Meow!

Well the bodyshop has finally agreed to let me just take my car where I want to get it tinted properly and send them the bill.

I'll be talking to the people who installed my stereo next about fixing the damages they caused during the install.

Pictures of these issues are in my locker or just click the link:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...Earthworm|2420
Old 04-10-2002, 10:22 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Well the bodyshop has finally agreed to let me just take my car where I want to get it tinted properly and send them the bill.

I'll be talking to the people who installed my stereo next about fixing the damages they caused during the install.

Pictures of these issues are in my locker or just click the link:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/use...Earthworm|2420
Those pictures are, are, uh . . . I can't think of a bad enough word!

That shop has to be paying minimum wage (or less). Man, there's just no excuse for that, uhm, (insert expletive here)!
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 04-10-2002, 10:27 AM
uconnscott

that SUCKS!!

Man, I get pissed off just looking at those pictures. You should demand at least a full refund on the stereo (parts and labor!!).......at the very least they owe that to you!
Old 04-10-2002, 10:54 AM
Meow!

I don't want a refund on the stereo. The stereo sounds great!

I just want them to fix the damage they caused while installing it.

They are putting in better 6x9's and better subs and giving me a deal on them.

They are also going to fix the damages. I don't expect them to replace the dash but at least patch up the hole so it's not noticable.
Old 04-10-2002, 02:10 PM
uconnscott

Glad to hear they are taking care of you. I recently got an MP3 player and speakers (see sig). I love it and thing good sound makes all the difference (now I need a sub and amp for the summer!!). Enjoy the ride.
Old 04-10-2002, 07:01 PM
svxeno

Quote:
I don't want a refund on the stereo. The stereo sounds great!

I just want them to fix the damage they caused while installing it.

They are putting in better 6x9's and better subs and giving me a deal on them.

They are also going to fix the damages. I don't expect them to replace the dash but at least patch up the hole so it's not noticable.

Earthw,

I saw the stereo pix. I can tell exactly what happened. The installer responsible ought to be strung up by his/her test*cl*s (or the female equivalent) They must have yanked the stereo out of the dash to cause that "hole". You have to use a screwdriver or, better yet, a plastic putty knife to remove it properly.

That doesn't make up for that piece of work. If you can keep your cool, you are a better man than I. I hope they treat you right from here on.

Randy (Absolutly disgusted!) ii
Old 04-10-2002, 11:00 PM
Meow!

I asked the stereo installer if he had ever done this to an SVX before and he replied that he had worked on a newer one. I was still not convinced with his capabilities and printed out an instruction list I found somewhere for removing the factory stereo properly. Obviously the instructions either didn't help or it hurt his pride and he didn't use them being a "professional" and all.

The car goes in tomorrow morning for its PROPER window tinting.