How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 07-14-2006, 02:13 PM
One teal and One yellow

Not sure...don't think so.

Do a search and you may see some threads of different opinions of using it...

Before I am going to use it, I will do my own research and use the best way I think is best for my engine condition...

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 07-16-2006, 01:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to Suby Fan Send a message via MSN to Suby Fan Send a message via Yahoo to Suby Fan
if your doing a liquid injection off a vacum line on any car use the brake booster vacum
need work done? Have tools will travel
Old 07-16-2006, 04:13 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suby Fan
if your doing a liquid injection off a vacum line on any car use the brake booster vacum
On the svx that will only go to the driver side intake runners.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:58 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
You want to use the little vacuum line attached to the top of the throttle bodies that leads under the plastic cover in the middle of the intake.Get the engine warmed up and then remove the vacuum line at the throttle bodies and pop on a spare length of vacuum line to run into the sea foam can. Then with the engine idling, Slowly insert the length of hose into the sea foam can and try not to stall the engine to quickly. Get about 1/3 of the bottle sucked in and then quickly shut the car off and let it set for 5 minutes. Then start the car and enjoy the smoke show for the next 5-10 minutes. The stuff has worked excellent on everthing I've tried it on and I recommend it.
Old 07-18-2006, 03:56 PM

Thanks much Budfreak
Old 07-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
On the svx that will only go to the driver side intake runners.
Actually, from the looks of it, It would only go to the back drivers side cylinder.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:43 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallion
Thanks much Budfreak
No prob.
Old 01-03-2007, 10:22 AM
It's just a phase

Send a message via Yahoo to msvx95
Registered SVX
Jason or anyone else, when standing next to the driver's side wheel looking into the engine bay...there are two hoses that connect to the main throttle body plastic chamber....I unplugged one (the one closer to the firewall I think) and added the sea foam to it with the car running...I wasn't able to get 1/3 of a bottle down....it spilled out of the tube a little bit, but I attached the hose and shut the car off. I waited 5 mins and then started, but the car had a hard time starting for a few mins...I had to hold on the gas and only got some blue smoke for about 20 seconds, then the car was searching for an idle.... Finally it settled and idled and ran good...
Do you think I added seafoam to the wrong line ?? The car starts fine and runs fine now, but I'm confused if that was normal or not.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95
Jason or anyone else, when standing next to the driver's side wheel looking into the engine bay...there are two hoses that connect to the main throttle body plastic chamber....I unplugged one (the one closer to the firewall I think) and added the sea foam to it with the car running...I wasn't able to get 1/3 of a bottle down....it spilled out of the tube a little bit, but I attached the hose and shut the car off. I waited 5 mins and then started, but the car had a hard time starting for a few mins...I had to hold on the gas and only got some blue smoke for about 20 seconds, then the car was searching for an idle.... Finally it settled and idled and ran good...
Do you think I added seafoam to the wrong line ?? The car starts fine and runs fine now, but I'm confused if that was normal or not.
That was the wrong line. You want to use the little line on the middle top of the throttle bodies that runs underneath the middle black plastic trim piece on the intake. have somebody work the ignition and gas pedal for you. Start it up and run it at about 1750 RPM and stick the hose in the bottle till about half is gone. Quickly have your helper cut off the ignition and floor the gas pedal till the car stops running(it may diesel and keep running if you don't floor the gas after killing the key). Let it sit for 5 minutes and start it up and enjoy the show. Rev it up every 15 seconds or so to blow things out and get things clean. Don't be scared if it smokes for 10-15 minutes, It will stop. good luck.
Old 01-04-2007, 04:18 AM
It's just a phase

Registered SVX
OH snap...I guess I did use the wrong hose...I still can't picture this little hose to the back of the throttle body...I know there is a larger hose on the back of the plastic piece...I'll have to search for it now.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:19 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvx95
OH snap...I guess I did use the wrong hose...I still can't picture this little hose to the back of the throttle body...I know there is a larger hose on the back of the plastic piece...I'll have to search for it now.
The hose I'm talking about is hidden under the H-6 engine cover on top of the intake in between the 2 throttle bodies. It's a small vacuum, as using one to big could hydrolock and cause damage. I've found it to be the perfect line to use as it feeds all cylinders, but won't allow enough to hydrolock.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:14 AM
It's just a phase

Registered SVX
I'll have to take a look and find that hose you talk about.....I'm sure I've seen it plenty of times when I take the cover off.
That hydrolock...sounds contagious