Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northeast Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2005, 04:18 PM
A Fake Vision

Sightings...

I wanted to begin this thread for all sightings in this part of the forums. I think that it is more convenient then having a bunch of one line threads . I've seen similar on other forums and I think that it will benefit us in the long run .
Old 10-07-2005, 04:56 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Wish i'd had a sighting lately, but can't say I have... I want one! Someone come to long island and drive past me so i can post in this lovely new thread!!

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 10-10-2005, 06:40 PM
pnyklr

I saw one in Mount vernon like two blocks from my house at the mechanic

If there's some kind of meet I can drive out to long island .... or if I get the motivation to burn down the dealership I got the car from
Old 10-11-2005, 11:22 PM
J. Bond

I've tried to make a meet on long island once... Turned into basically subafreak and another member meeting up at my house for a BBQ... I gave up on it...

LISC member #50
Old 10-12-2005, 06:18 AM
A Fake Vision

mini meets arnt so bad. once i get mine up and on the road again it would be cool for a 5-10 ppl to meet up for a mini
i should be up and running within a month. probably 3 weeks. this weekend im dropping the tranny and replacing my flywheel, shift linkage and putting in a short shifter. then i have to get my radiator in and wheel bearings done and im on the road. that would be awesome
Old 10-12-2005, 07:26 AM
pnyklr

I know its far but I can nominate my girlfriends parents house for a mini meet in the Poconos... they might get pissed if we park on the grass but they have a long driveway

I 've tried to get meets together with the Buick guys too nothing comes of it ...

I have a house with a deck which can fit a bunch of people (which has beeb the site of many a party) still no takers dunno why (maybe I need to shower or something)
Old 10-12-2005, 07:37 AM
pnyklr

car show

Actually theres a car show this weekend at Glen Island ....

October 16, New Rochelle, City Of New Rochelle Fire Departments 1st Annual Car-Truck-Cycle Show, Sunday, 10AM-4PM, Rain Date Sunday October 23rd, Glenn Island Park, Special Appearance By The Firehouse Dolls, Chuck Zito And More, Live Entertainment, Food & Beverages, Free Giveaways, 50/50 Raffles, Door Prizes, Flea Markets, Police & EMS Vehicles, Fire Engines, Trucks, And Prevention House Will Be On Display, 2006 Harley-Davidson Fat Boy Raffle, Portions Of The Proceeds To Benefit The The Westchester Medical Centers Maria Fareri Childrens Hospital, The Burn Foundation, And Other Local Charities, All Vehicles Welcome, For More Info Call Dan At (914) 760-8619 Or E-Mail: nrfdcarshow@optonline.net
Old 10-18-2005, 10:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Fake Vision
mini meets arnt so bad. once i get mine up and on the road again it would be cool for a 5-10 ppl to meet up for a mini
i should be up and running within a month. probably 3 weeks. this weekend im dropping the tranny and replacing my flywheel, shift linkage and putting in a short shifter. then i have to get my radiator in and wheel bearings done and im on the road. that would be awesome

Give me enough notice and I'll bring your cars younger brother up for a visit. I think he's getting lonly. He only has the 240Z to keep him company in the garage now.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:15 PM
J. Bond

Geez, look at new hampshire being all snoody about thier sightings!! lol, i'm starting to get bitter about this whole lone SVX on long island thing...

LISC member #50
Old 10-20-2005, 06:51 AM
pnyklr

Dont feel bad I've seen two since I bought the POSVX here and one is because power on demand I know where he works (I guess then I only saw one )

But in PA I see at least one every weekend I am in the poconos
Old 10-20-2005, 12:25 PM
A Fake Vision

whenever im in PA i see one its crazy i think they hide them in those coal mines.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:12 PM

Forgot to mention mine - it was actually a Danmarr sighting. (He's a member here) - I pulled into work Monday in my usual spot, (Home Depot) - and come nose-to-nose with...another SVX! (pearl 92) - I waited until he came out, and we discussed stuff. Nice guy.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:14 PM

By the way - if one of the SVXs you keep seeing in the Poconos is a Polo Green 97 with an odd-looking dent in the back bumper...that's me.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:41 PM
J. Bond

I know there's one that hangs out in my mom's community in the poconos... Don't think he's a member though. Saw him once but never caught up to meet up with him.

LISC member #50
Old 10-21-2005, 05:49 AM
pnyklr

Theres also one with out of state plates (I think its on route 46)

hidden in a garage I see the back of it when I take the other way to the Poconos (get off exit 4 on route 80)

I never take mine down there since the damn gas is so expensive

I take stripe with me since she runs on regular