Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 09-07-2005, 08:51 PM
Green1995SVX

That's just awful. I'm so upset. It is good though that you and your dad and passenger are OK for the most part. David, please let me know as to what the parts needs are for repair. I'll do anything I can to help keep this car on the road.

Mike
Old 09-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Green1995SVX

If you guys decide not to fix the car please let me know so i can buy it.

Mike
Old 09-08-2005, 10:15 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
The car will indeed be fixed...there's no question on that. I'm just waiting to hear from my dad as to if insurance is going to cover it or if we're going to have to buy it back.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:35 AM
ilsegretosvx

If you need a drivers air bag I have 2.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
The car will indeed be fixed...there's no question on that. I'm just waiting to hear from my dad as to if insurance is going to cover it or if we're going to have to buy it back.
That makes me feel much, much better. Please let me know which parts you need when it comes time to fix.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:16 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Mike, not sure if you are aware of this but my dad just got the car back from the body shop. There was a massive storm about a month ago and stuff was knocked over on the car. The left front fender was damaged and other panels were scratched. My dad took the opportunity to have all the metal side panels repainted in addition to both bumpers. It looked great.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Mike, not sure if you are aware of this but my dad just got the car back from the body shop. There was a massive storm about a month ago and stuff was knocked over on the car. The left front fender was damaged and other panels were scratched. My dad took the opportunity to have all the metal side panels repainted in addition to both bumpers. It looked great.
Do you have pictures? My roommate and i were talking last night about how that car was a part of our "family." She cried when i sold it lol.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:39 PM
Meow!

Good or bad pictures?

Bad pictures are in post #4 in this thread. I didn't take any good pictures after the car was painted.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:40 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Good or bad pictures?

Bad pictures are in post #4 in this thread. I didn't take any good pictures after the car was painted.
Yeah, i was looking for good pictures.
Old 09-08-2005, 01:53 PM
Meow!

I'll get good pictures as soon as it's fixed.

In fact, aside from the minor ding on the hood and the front bumper the car still looks awesome with the new paint.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Glad to hear everyone (except the deer) is unhurt. Good thing it wasn't the middle of winter or it might have been a polar bear instead of a deer.

I also have a drivers airbag if you need it. I also have a right front corner light if you want it.

Good luck with the repairs.

--Matt
Old 09-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Meow!

Seems there are a few driver's airbags out there. Does anyone have the passenger one in gray?

The total cost to repair is over CAD$9000. The insurance company is still unsure whether to fix or write it off. I figure that with SVX prices in Canada this car should be worth around $15000.

The bulk of the repairs is just the cost of the 2 airbags and windshield.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
$9000...

That's a scary high number...

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 09-11-2005, 09:12 AM

Don't know what the airbag laws are like in Manitoba but in Quebec the airbags have to be purchased new at a Subaru dealership. In Ontario you can use salvage airbags. If the car is written off as a total loss by the insurance company and you buy it back it might be branded as as a salvage title and might need a structural inspection to get it rebranded as "repaired". At least that's how it works in Ontario. I'm stuck in the middle of all this with getting my salvage title 96 rebranded as repaired in Ontario right now.
Try car-part.com for the airbags. Forget about buying the cheap ones listed in New York as the are not allowed to ship them by N.Y. law, only available for pick up. Airbags have to be shipped ( or are supposed to be) by a haz-mat (hazardous material) carrier.
Old 09-13-2005, 11:26 PM
SVX Voyeur

I once swerved to avoid a deer like thing lying in the middle of the road in my sisters RX-7 going across Texas and did about 3 or 4 360 spins. The nose is so low on the SVX that if you hit the deer upright it could have gone through the windsheild and killed your dad. Yikes. No burns to the arms from the air bags?

Glad your dad was alright.
1981 FIAT Spider 120,000Miles

50% Boxer