SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2005, 12:18 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Talking XBox 360 launch on MTV tonight

Microsoft has a 30-minute show, hosted by Elijah Wood (weird), to launch the XBox 360 on MTV tonight. I know, I hate MTV, too. But they're going to show some games (which are currently under development) for the first time, and the project I'm on right now is one of them. I wish I could tell you the title, or anything about it, but I can't. Sorry. To be honest, I don't even know what level of coverage we're going to get. We sent them some footage of the gameplay, but we don't know how or when it'll be used.

The show will be on at 9:30EST tonight.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Damn NDA's.

I've heard the new Xbox doesn't have a hard drive. Can you verify this?
Old 05-12-2005, 03:44 PM
Donate to the mod fund

Send a message via AIM to BigBlueSVX
New XBox

I was checking into this a little bit ago, and as I remember the first version to come out won't have a harddrive. However, there will be a version w/hd, but it won't be released until a later date. I think there was another version with even more features, and it would be released after the hd version. I need a new Xbox, mine has problems reading disks . Hopefully they fixed that on the new one.

Now part of the DSM crowd: 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
Old 05-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Hater

eh....i'll wait for the PS3.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 05-12-2005, 04:20 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Damn NDA's.

I've heard the new Xbox doesn't have a hard drive. Can you verify this?
I'm not sure what exactly has been said in official Microsoft press releases, but I recommend that you look for those. Since I don't know those releases well, I might say something I shouldn't.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 05-12-2005, 07:46 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
I wonder whats going on with Nintendo? Btw, I'm watching it right now, I'll post about it more once its finished I guess.

Last edited by Weebitob; 05-12-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:33 PM
Weasel 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark
eh....i'll wait for the PS3.
what he said.....then I can keep my collection of ps1 & ps2 games..whilst enjoying the new ps3 games
Old 05-12-2005, 09:25 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weasel 22
what he said.....then I can keep my collection of ps1 & ps2 games..whilst enjoying the new ps3 games
Same here...too much time and money invested in Sony to switch to a company that can't even design computer software (their specialty) right.
Old 05-12-2005, 09:26 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
I'll always be a Sony fan until Microsoft does something about those controllers.

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 05-12-2005, 09:43 PM
Hater

i see a lot of Sony bashing on NASIOC for some reason, but almost every consumer electronic device i own is a Sony, and nothing has ever broken or given me trouble. TV, computer, several car stereos, receiver, DVD, VCR, CD, MD, PS1/2, bookshelf system, telephones, alarm clock, etc.

XBOX won't have Gran Turismo, GTA is always a year behind for it, and i ain't buying both systems.

Old 05-12-2005, 10:04 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
i see a lot of Sony bashing on NASIOC for some reason, but almost every consumer electronic device i own is a Sony, and nothing has ever broken or given me trouble. TV, computer, several car stereos, receiver, DVD, VCR, CD, MD, PS1/2, bookshelf system, telephones, alarm clock, etc.

XBOX won't have Gran Turismo, GTA is always a year behind for it, and i ain't buying both systems.
Honestly, I can only remember two electronic devices that've ever totally broken on me...My AIWA cassette player stopped working 2 years after I dropped it on a sidewalk and cracked it open, and I had an 20+ year old VCR (don't remember the brand) that began to eat tapes, and then was subjected to a beating with a baseball bat.

I agree Sony makes good stuff, but so does Panasonic, and Magnavox, and Sanyo. Sony just charges more for what you get...

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 05-12-2005, 10:35 PM

Registered SVX
I totlally hear you guys about the PS2. I love that controller and I have a lot of PS2 games. But, if nothing else, Live and a lot of proscan support really converted me. Well, that and I always hated developing for the PS2. Sure, it can push the polys - but that 8k texture cache...what were they thinking???

I wish they had shown the 360 controller on the 'launch' show. It's much better. I'll leave it at that.

I am pretty disappointed that they spent like 15min on Perfect Dark and gave 3sec each to about 20 other titles. Mine is Saint's Row, but if you missed it I wouldn't be surprised. I almost did. Bleh... Ah, well, E3 is next week.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 05-12-2005, 10:35 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow248
Same here...too much time and money invested in Sony to switch to a company that can't even design computer software (their specialty) right.
Yeah, no kidding. They're entirely unsuccessful at it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 05-12-2005, 11:13 PM
The Kind of Casual SVXer

Send a message via AIM to Weebitob
Registered SVX
Quote:

Tell that to my PS2, two CD players and MD player that all coincidentally broke in a 3 year time frame. All of them seemed to suffer though from minor circumstances with my CD players suffering from a bent, broken contact or solder in the headphone jack connection, my MD player the screws fell out (which I found a hard time finding replacements since they had shorter screwing part than the average screw of that size) from opening and closing it so one day I clumsily dropped it severing the top from the base which was connected by a ribbon cable directly attacked to the top board so that ended up being a bust, as for the PS2 at first 2 years down the road the classic disc read error happened so I needed to readjust the gear, then a year later another disc read error occurred which the gear thing did not fix so it was a voltage problem from those laser eye adjustment thingies turning on their own or something else that was unfixable, either way I was fed up so I had to buy another PS2 (since I wanted to play GT4 so much). I also since then bought a lightly used MD player (same model, MZ-N707) off of Ebay, I made sure to tighten the screws so they do not fall out but now the headphone jack is starting to die out and requires shaking the player sometimes to get both headphones to come out clear. Now don't get me wrong, I still love Sony products for their innovation in feature and design, not to mention initial quality but that doesn't mean you should just lend blind faith to that brand, like when you see someone totally immersed in total fandome of say Microsoft or Nintendo.

Also, you say XBOX lacks a GT4, well sure it might not have a GT4, but it does have a Forenza, which even though might fall short on car selection compared to Gran Turismo, but feature wise it offers most of what GT4 promised and then some. Great games come in many varieties to don't have to execute the exact formula of one successful title, that is one of the concepts of the game industry such a progressive industry and home to much creativity to say the least. I admit though I do have a Sony radio alarm clock not to mention three juke boxes that are still going strong, one from 1987. So this goes to show you can't expect the same results of every product from a particular company. The XBOX360 might not be totally innovational in the hardware department, but once more like the first XBOX, Microsoft has managed to excell when it comes to features.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:21 PM
Hater

got my PS2 the day they came out, used to drag it to work on the weekends in a duffle bag, and play it for pretty much the whole weekend, and its still working fine. i'm not a Sony fanboi, but i just haven't had a problem with anything of theirs i'ved owned, and i usually like their features.

if the new XBOX will play all my PS1 and PS2 games, i'll consider it. i was told it won't even be backward compatible with old XBOX games.