Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 03-28-2005, 02:31 PM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
Alrighty 5spdrs and people stalling I need...

help with this issue. I've been dealing with the random stalling since the 5spd swap. All vaccum lines were replaced with new ones when i installed the new engine. I've cleaned the IAC 2 days ago and am still getting 2 codes within a minute of firing up the car for the first time since reconnecting the battery. The codes are

24: By-pass air control solenoid valve- by pass air control solenoid valve inoperated. (abnormal signal produced in monitor circuit)- Prevents abnormal engine speed using "fuel cut" in relation engine speed, vehicle speed and throttle snesor position.

31: Throttle sensor- abnormal voltage input entered from throttle sensor.- Sets throttle sensors voltage output to fixed value.

The number is the code- this part would be the diagnosis- and this is the fail safe operation.

The throttle sensor, this is the tps correct? Ill be searching on ways to clean/check this part after this post.

And the by pass air control solenoid is the IAC correct? When i pulled the IAC it wasn't super cruddy or anything but the flap was definitley not totally green. This was cleaned and reinstalled and I am still throwing this code. Does that mean its time for a new IAC or should I try something else?
Old 03-28-2005, 02:59 PM

well it turns out that after i installed the throttle bodies and accessories i forgot to plug the tps back in hence the tps code But im still getting a code 24. So any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:49 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
The air bypass valve is under the left side of the intake manifold. Its function is to allow a greater amount of air into the manifold during cold running.

Abnormal signal would mean that when commanded by the ECU to a specific position the monitoring signal didn't match the expected value/reponse. It could be unplugged, a wire broken, a bad bypass valve, etc. Codes are only a starting place.
Old 05-14-2005, 03:37 PM

hmm....im still throwing this code im going to try and pull this valve off tonight. BY left side of the engine you mean the passenger side correct? Its the sensor that is on the back passenger side of the manifold right? I believe the last time i looked at it all the vaccuum lines were intact and hooked up but i did notice it the entire sensor was semi loose, but i couldnt get a socket or wrench on it. Does the manifold have to come off to get to the sensor? I tried to find it on the diagram at subarupart.com but had no luck if anyone can point me in the right direction or has any helpful hints they are greatly appreciated.
Old 05-14-2005, 05:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to freak customs Send a message via AIM to freak customs
the solenoid at the rear pass. side is an egr solenoid. it will be either the front pass. or on drivers side.

i have the vacum diagram in my locker for that.