Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-25-2004, 10:13 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Keno?
Old 06-28-2004, 09:52 PM

Registered SVX
Fun-filled Reno

Hi everyone,

Just want everyone to know that my gang had a great time. One never knows how teens will respond to 'dad's thing', but I think the boys concluded that SVX's and those that drive them are okay! I enjoyed my first SVX meet and appreciate all who made time to join in!

Mitch- We had a nice run down the backside of Tahoe on hwy 50. Really, THAT was the perfect SVX road. Glad we could share it together.

Dayle- My guys loved your car, they said Dayle has 'some really good stuff'. We had dinner a couple hours before everyone else arrived at Silver Legacy, but my guys did not want to leave until you came. Thanks for all your generosity! We appreciate it beyond words. Wish we had more time to talk cars, so, we will make more time next round.

Michelle- Thanks for your efforts to make the meet a reality. The top of the Sands was the perfect hangout for our SVXs.

Keith- Just when we were tired and ready to call it a night, you kept us all laughing. Finally, around midnight, we left, but the boys never said, 'Come on dad, let's go'. Oh by the way, I love my wheels, and the taller tires make car faster than yours!!

Dustin- Glad you could make it, you also came along way. Between you and Keith, my boys came to realize that SVXs were fast cruisers, and that 'dad' wasn't the only one that liked to drive them.

Jason- The first to greet us at In&Out, thanks! Didn't know you were leaving early, wish I could have said See Ya Later.

Matt- Thanks for the maps and for keeping us all in site. You were the sheep-dog we needed, managing to get us all on the road at the same time. Wouldn't have been the same without you.

Garrett- Really loved our Run to Reno. Hwy 80 can be fun and challenging, with all the altitude changes and trucks to play. And your cute playmate made the drive to Reno even more fun. She's a gem.

Wes- Generally the head of the pack. Classy guy, classy car, ONE total class act! We really enjoyed meeting you. Thanks for making time for us. Best of luck in your new place and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Naomi- You probably learned alot about your car, especially that it would easily reach 100! You traveled with a fast crowd. Glad you could bring your new ride to the party.

Ally- You were the shy, quiet one, but you could never go un-noticed. Glad you made it. Thanks for explaining MICA.

Until the next adventure,

Ron,,,

David, Jon and Ricky

Quote:
Originally posted by deruvian
I must say that I had a killer time at my first meet. Some cars were nice, and some cars were messy. But everyone was definitely fun. I just wish I was 21 for some good times in Reno...

Mitch - I need to get those vids from you. Good idea on "owning the road", by the way.
Dayle - My email is on the way. Also, did you get any video of the action at the parking lot for the ski resort?
Michelle - Thanks!
Keith - Nice exhaust.
Dustin - Thanks for the room.
Jason - Where'd you go? BTW, I didn't mention anything to you about wheels.
Matt - Thanks for the badge.
Ron - Thanks for the fun drive up to Reno.
Wes - Thanks for leading the way home.

Earl - Where the hell were you?!

Anyway, the meet was extra fun. The Tahoe tour was a blast. Looking forward to the next meet, for sure.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:06 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Quote:
Originally posted by nordique14
140mph!!! Cool. Four of us had it up to almost 100mph on 395 until my radar detector went off. Then it was a quick run down to 70mph.

I am not aware of anyone getting kicked anywhere. Let alone in the mansack.

I was doing 90+ half an hour north of reno in my '88 BMW 325is when I came up behind a Jeep Cherokee one time...

Nevada State Police or whatever they have, it was a few years back... He was headed for donuts or something cuz I never saw him again and I stuck to 70 or so for a few miles...
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:18 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
Fast car!!!

I was doing 95 on the way back from a Dave Mathews concert, I Had to pee BAD and figured less chance of getting arrested than at 120mph... Any way, she was quite impresed with the Smoooothness, and that was when 4th gear wasn't working

I'm so sad that I missed Reno

Perhaps next time

Wouldn't that have been a sight, a line of SVXs followed by a lone VW Vanagon... Keeping up (yes, they can be fast!!!)
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.

Last edited by NapaBavarian; 07-06-2004 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-03-2004, 04:03 PM
Sue isn't really striped

I'm working on gettting my road trip pics scanned - I have 1/40th of them done so far (sigh):

http://www.pbase.com/alycone/roadtrip

Old 07-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Now I wish I could remember who had what car.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:01 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

Maybe I can help you out Aly.

Dayle had the silver car
Garrett(Deruvian) had the Red car with out a bra
Nik(Zamorush) had the Red car with a bra
Michelle had the copper car
Wes had the black car
Matt had the blue car
Ron had the Bordeaux car
I had the only white car there, with the exception of TorGod for one night
Naomi had the Red car with Liv*fast Stickers
Mitch had the green car
You had the other black car
Dustin had the car the never went anywhere with us
Jason(TorGod) had the other pearlie

I think that is it. PM me if you still need any info.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 07-04-2004, 09:18 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Wow, thanks! Dustin's was green (teal?) right? Now I'm gonna PM you after I get some more pics to see if you can help me place names on the cars n faces in the distance in the group shots.
Old 07-05-2004, 11:13 AM

Registered SVX
My '92 Color

is Claret.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:36 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Well, it's way past due that I make this post.

I want to say that I was very very pleased with the meet. Truly there were just the right number of incredible people. Not so many that I couldn't meet everyone, not so many that I don't remember names and cars. I had an incredible time (after worrying that no one would be able to find the meeting spot). Everything and everyone was fantastic. It just was all over way too fast.

Mitch (teal).... as always, thanks for being there. Sorry that your weekend was full of pitfalls. "Reno tickets"
Dustin (ugly teal).... you are just my little "PAB" and Travis fit it well for you when you couldn't make the drive.... I did miss you that day
Keith (not pearlie but white?).... dunno what to say... you had the loudest (both noise and sight) car of the bunch... had an absolute blast with you
Matt (blue).... I love people 2 whole feet taller than me! what can I say? thanks so very very much for helping get everything arranged... you should have talked us into going to the Bunny Ranch
Ron (claret).... your car is absolutely beautiful.. had Penny looked like that, she'd never have become Penny... your boys are the best too
Aly (black).... I'm so glad that your whole long trip went by without mishap.... and your fish is just the coolest, even though you thought it was a catfish (lol).... we should have gone with you to the cathouse
Jason (pearlie).... it was nice chatting with you on Friday night, too bad that you couldn't make the rest of the meet.... hope that you can next time
Garrett (red).... was really great talking with you and your girl, one of the things I noticed with you two was purely non-svx-related... the way you two look at each other is amazing... reminds me of us some 13-odd years ago... hope to see you guys again next year
Wes (black).... you were so quiet... but your car is absolutely awesome and you did a wonderful job of leading the pack
Naomi (red).... I'm so glad we had a local, and I think you learned a lot about your car, you newbie! I sure hope we made you feel welcome, don't make yourself scarce around the network, pm me anytime
Nik (red).... I'm so glad you and your brother made it (are you guys twins?) I hope that you don't ditch the svx when you have to find a car with better fuel economy.... if we have the next meet in LV and you guys are still in LA, it'll be close! did you know that there were other russian speakers at the meet?
Dayle (bullet gray?).... what can I say? I'm so glad that you came and that I finally got to meet you... thanks for the stuff (got the bulbs installed this weekend)... everything was fun.. Amber is cool and Austen was such a wonderful little guy with all the excitement and late nights...
Steve (non-color.. lol).... so very glad that you and Becky came. I think you guys are nuts for renting a car to come all that way for an svx meet! Sounds like something Chris & I'd do! LOL Had a blast hanging out with you guys and I'm glad that the XT made it all the way home.

I realize that many people out there would probably laugh at the "smallness" of our first western regional meet. But you know what? We have to start somewhere, and I'm glad that it turned out the way it did. We had a ball, everyone with distinctly different personalities, ages, opinions, etc.

"Reno tickets.."
backwards nickels
giant fish
*****house tours

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!

13 cars total.... 15 owners....
will post interesting stats at a later date

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 07-05-2004, 10:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to zamorush Send a message via Yahoo to zamorush
Registered SVX
Quote:
Nik (red).... I'm so glad you and your brother made it (are you guys twins?) I hope that you don't ditch the svx when you have to find a car with better fuel economy.... if we have the next meet in LV and you guys are still in LA, it'll be close! did you know that there were other russian speakers at the meet?
No? Who else spoke Russian? And no we are not twins, you just think we look alike before you meet get to know us closer. Then you will find huge differences not only in looks but in character as well.

Ok, a Thanks to everyone! This was by far the biggest and the most exciting meet I've been too. I won't go in to names, since i don't remember much of them (i am terrible at names). However, i will say that all of you are truly great and interesting people. I guess that is why you guys own an SVX.

My pics I posted on the website:
http://home.comcast.net/~petrov992/2004RenoMeet/photos/

double click on the photo to make it smaller. Actually, in couple of days, i will resize all the photos and make them even smaller then they are now. Whoever needs the high resolution photos PM me.

Thanks again for organizing the meet Michelle

Nik
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

Alternative Ways of getting around
2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9
Old 07-06-2004, 01:40 AM
Sue isn't really striped

Quote:
Who else spoke Russian?
Yah nee znaiyoo.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:39 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
Ya nimnoga gavaru por ruskie

???
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 07-06-2004, 10:50 PM
Sue isn't really striped

Konyetchna, znaiyoo.
Old 07-08-2004, 12:47 AM

Send a message via AIM to zamorush Send a message via Yahoo to zamorush
Registered SVX
Quote:
Yah nee znaiyoo.
Ochen interesno, A kak ze ya tak eto propustil? I pochemu mu ne pogovorili?

Quote:
Ya nimnoga gavaru por ruskie
Mitch,

I knew you spoke russian a little bit, I did not know someone else knows it as well. I missed that.
2011 Subaru Impreza
2009 Subaru Outback

Alternative Ways of getting around
2011 Felt Edict 9 SE
2009 Felt FX 35
2006 Cannondale CAAD9