How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-17-2001, 03:22 PM
This account is scheduled to be deleted for inactivity

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
Garage closed

Is it necessary to close the forum?

Are questions that normally go in there to be placed in tech Q&A and/or General?

Can it not just be renamed, "The Garage" (Or something similar)?

Should we post a poll to take a vote if it can be reopened/renamed/left closed?
Old 09-17-2001, 03:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
The idea behind it was to ask eddycat, specifically, questions. The assumption was that you went there if you wanted a Subaru Master Tech's answer and didn't want to argue about it. Nobody mourns his departure more than I do, because I will always have repairs to make and I know better than anybody that bashing my way through only works 10% of the time.

I would not vote for changing the name of the forum and re-opening it. Use it as an archive, but that's it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-17-2001, 06:18 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets
The idea behind it was to ask eddycat, specifically, questions. The assumption was that you went there if you wanted a Subaru Master Tech's answer and didn't want to argue about it. Nobody mourns his departure more than I do, because I will always have repairs to make and I know better than anybody that bashing my way through only works 10% of the time.

I would not vote for changing the name of the forum and re-opening it. Use it as an archive, but that's it.

Today I was changing my fluids and I wished EC was here to answer a few questions too. EC will be missed -- as for the forum, we have the Technical Q/A so I guess that's where they go.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 09-17-2001, 07:30 PM

Registered SVX
How about we try to hook a Subaru tech into joining with us? If we each look around we may find a tech to carry on. Without a tech we try to help each other based on our experiences and we just don't have the answers all the time. How about a national search? Ideas?
Old 09-17-2001, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by dromano
How about we try to hook a Subaru tech into joining with us? If we each look around we may find a tech to carry on. Without a tech we try to help each other based on our experiences and we just don't have the answers all the time. How about a national search? Ideas?

That would be nice. See if you guys can talk to your techs at your local suby dealerships. I will see what I can find out.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Old 09-18-2001, 07:19 AM
SVXtypeR

I just read that thread.

I purposely don't venture into EC garage (for reasons that I won't go into). But seeing the topic of this post piqued my curiosity. After going through the many pages of the thread, I have to ask...

is he really gone?

At first, due to how sudden the decision was, I thought he was joking, but it looked more and more like he was for real. Can somebody clue me in on what's going on?
Old 09-18-2001, 07:48 AM

Send a message via ICQ to cocacola08 Send a message via AIM to cocacola08 Send a message via Yahoo to cocacola08
I wish I knew
Old 09-18-2001, 09:32 AM

Re: I just read that thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXtypeR
I purposely don't venture into EC garage (for reasons that I won't go into). But seeing the topic of this post piqued my curiosity. After going through the many pages of the thread, I have to ask...

is he really gone?

At first, due to how sudden the decision was, I thought he was joking, but it looked more and more like he was for real. Can somebody clue me in on what's going on?
As far as I know, he is gone - and his garage is now closed.

Lwin
Old 09-18-2001, 09:57 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Lwin,

I am confused. Are you going to close this forum?
If yes, please copy all the posts and make them available or move them to an easily accessible place.
May I suggest leaving this forum open and trying to find a new tech to answer questions. Maybe we can get Bosco or maybe SubyQA can recommend someone.

Larry III
Old 09-18-2001, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Lwin,

If yes, please copy all the posts and make them available or move them to an easily accessible place.
May I suggest leaving this forum open and trying to find a new tech to answer questions. Maybe we can get Bosco or maybe SubyQA can recommend someone.

Larry III
Larry,
The forum is closed, meaning that it will not accept new posts. Everything that is currently there, is still availble to search on and peruse through
Old 09-18-2001, 01:13 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by LarryIII
Lwin,

Larry III
Larry, if you can get in touch with Danny (Bosco), please do. He was a major asset to the Yahoo club. I had tried to get him to join eddycat in the "garage" when we first started organizing this site, but, he ran into "issues" and I haven't heard from him since. I think his AOL account has been closed also, because I keep trying to send him e-mails and he comes back "not a member."

Who was it that had tranny work done by him? Perhaps they can beg him to join us.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 09-18-2001, 02:28 PM
Founder / Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Chris
I have a canidate

I have a canidate to fill the void left. His name is Chris Debban and he is a Subaru Senior Master Technician. He still works in the industry and is the MAIN SVX tech at Tom Scott Subaru here in Idaho. I have talked to him about this and although he is not too keen or hot with computers, he is an excellent mechanic. His current problem is that his machine is a Cyrix (P90 I think) and it is so slow, it is painful to use. His second problem is not only does he live out on the skirts of town where DSL and Cable are not an option, his 56K modem rarely connects at higher than 14.4K. I showed him the site from his house and it was VERY painful to use. I am going to build him a replacement computer AND possibly run him a wireles link from his house to here for high speed internet and access to the SVX Network. When this happens I am sure he would be more that happy to answer our tech questions. For now, I need a job that pays more than $5.15 an hour so I can pay my own bills as well as look into building him a computer. Lets hope soon!

Chris
(SVX Admin)
Old 09-18-2001, 02:42 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Chris,

Figure out what it will cost (total) to get this master tech. on line. Then ask for donations. We have enough members now.
I recall that's how we got started on this site.

Larry III
Old 09-18-2001, 05:39 PM

Registered SVX
Thumbs up

A donation for the computer is a small token from each of us to have access to a tech.
Old 09-19-2001, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by dromano
A donation for the computer is a small token from each of us to have access to a tech.
Chris, I just bought five 2.1 GIG scsi drives at 10 bucks a piece. I can give you 2 of them if you want.

Lwin