Old 11-12-2003, 09:40 AM
Totalpkg

Trading my 92 Acura Integra GS-R for a 92 LS-L SVX

Here's the ad

1992 subaru svx ls-l (fully loaded)
230 hp, 226 lbs of torque..
boxer 6 engine..
suede and leather interior..
automatic (only came in auto, but 5 speed swap can be done using a impreza/legacy tranny)
230,000 kms on odo..
100,000 on tranny..

My Integra is a great reliable\fast car, but I've always wanted AWD. How reliable are these SVX's? Do they rust? Is there anyway I can check if the the tranny has been changed? Thankx!

PS - Would you do the trade?
Old 11-12-2003, 10:43 AM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
Alot of people have problems with trannys and wheel bearings. The engine appears to be extremly reliable. How many miles on the Acura? I love my SVX. It is the only vehicle I own, but it has low mileage so Im not conserned about dependiblity just yet. If you need something highly dependable and cheap/easy to fix, Imnot sure it would be good for you. The cars are great to drive. The issues I listed about the tranny and bearings(wheel) seem to be exstremely common. Because this car is rare, the parts can be hard to find and often a littleon the exspensive side. If your looking for a car to Modify this isnt it either. It isnt impossible (some people may say it is) but it would be costly. Very few mod parts are available for the SVX and most things you'd want to do would have to be custom made. (Trust me Im trying to get more HP.) Its not a stop light racer either. The SVX is made to drive at high speeds for long periods of time. Your Acura will probubly out run it off the line, but the SVX will roll past you a little later when you hit the 150MPH mark. The car feels as stable at 110 as it does at 60. (Trust me I got the tickets to prove it.) The driving exsperience is the best Ive know. My parents have own several vettes and a couple of Camaros. I enjoy driving my SVX more then moms Corvette. The SVX may not have the same power, but I like the handling better. The tires are the same with but the suspension isnt as hard. The vettes harder suspesion is good for the track, but on the street a nice sharp bump can send you off a corner or at the very least drive your tailbone into your skull. The shorter SVX suspension is moe forgiving on the streets.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:59 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

IF you don't mind saying, How much are you paying for it? And what kind of condition is it in?
Old 11-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Depends on what you want. If you want a car that you can race, upgrade, and do a lot of city driving, and enjoy driving stickshift, than the SVX might not be the best choice.

The SVX is a GT car, meaning its a grand touring car. That means it was designed with these things in mind: high speeds, long distances, and doing both comfortably in a luxurious cabin.

The SVX is NOT easily upgraded, parts are really freaking expensive and hard to find, it's pretty slow off the line (mid to high 16 seconds in the 1/4 mile), and its sorta a pig to drive around in city traffic.

I used to own a lightweight car that handled good and its performance was about the same as your GS-Rs. I like driving stick, but the SVX is simply an incredible machine. All wheel drive, power everything, and build quality and construction that rivals lexus and toyota.... all wrapped up in an attractive body by italdesign, and wow. For the price, it is a SCREAMING deal.

That being said, I'd rather have had a manual transmission than the automatic, and I'd really love some engine upgrades that could boost the power a bit.

So basically, if you like the style, you like the GT characteristics, and you can live with the fact that its going to be rather expensive and really difficult to upgrade, go for it. Just make sure you have an extra grand laying around for unexpected repairs. They are reliable cars, and for long distance cruising, there is no other car I'd rather have.

- Rob
Old 11-12-2003, 12:24 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Canadians trading in their Integras for SVXen...is this a trend, or something?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Totalpkg

Well my GS-R is fully modded, but I'm getting older and kinda sick of mods. I'm looking for a comfortable car, the AWD is the key, which I like. I love stick, But I got a convertible Mustang that is stick, so this car would be my daily driver. Can anyone tell more about the options? Like the solar glass, etc...
Old 11-12-2003, 07:07 PM
The Croupier

i left this in ur last post but here it is again anyway http://www.cars101.com/subaru_svx.html
03 Yamaha V-star custom /classic 3k