Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-03-2003, 06:51 PM

Arrow Weird Shake??

The other day I went out to my 92 SVX to move it in my driveway so that I could wash it...once I started it it began to shake like it was going to fall apart. I decided not to move it. The next morning it started up and seemed to run fine. Now about a week later whenever I make a slow sharp turns like at intersection where the turn is around 90 degrees the steering becomes stiffer and the car begins to shake. The back deck and roof even seem to shake. This is very noticable, but especially while backing up. It feels like all of the wheels are going to come off while making a slow sharp turn. Any ideas of what might be causing this?
Old 09-03-2003, 11:14 PM
6evil9

Problem sounds familiar

for me on reverse it happens now that it starts shakes...but my problem is that something is wrong with engine or ignition, and when reverse and turn there s more work needed from engine and it starts to work really unstable which causes shaking for me...
dunno whats ur thingy is

powere steering goes hard, is it what u r saying...hmmm does it make high pitch noise when cold? if it does then its probably the o-ring under reservoir is bad.... well its my problem, still have not change it... gonna do it this week...
Old 09-04-2003, 09:39 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
Maybe a motor mount or a tranny mount has broken? Does it feel like the engine is running rough?

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.