How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-24-2003, 04:47 PM
tlemmons

Need some ?Colorado? help

Well I have been having fits with my car. My flight landed late the other night and as I lugged my bags out of the airport terminal I hit the auto start button on my SVX. I heard it turn over and just keep turning over for about 15 seconds and quit. I tried everything I could think about that night that I could possible do without tools and called my wife to make the long drive to come get me.

Today I packed up my tools and everything I might need and headed back to the airport for testing. Here is what I know now. I have checked and I have no spark at the plug and I get a code 11 from the computer. Crank sensor #1. I have used my VOM to check the sensor at the ECM case and both crank sensors give a small AC voltage when I turn the engine. This is what I would expect but I am not sure how much voltage I should see there. I am assuming at this point that my ECM is fried. and this is where I need the help. Does anyone near me (Evergreen, CO) have an extra ECM that I could use to test if mine is bad before I buy ($$?) one. I would gladly pay a rental fee or something.

Otherwise any other ideas of what this problem can be. I need something fast as the airport is charging me $15 bucks a day for my parking spot. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 08-24-2003, 11:23 PM
JLittell

Wierd??, Unfortunately I don't have an extra car for you to test the part otherwise I would do it. Check w/ 'Shelfy' or 'Driverdave' though both have 2 cars.

Last edited by JLittell; 08-24-2003 at 11:28 PM.
Old 08-26-2003, 11:49 AM

Tom,

It is the morning of the 26th. If you still need help, call me on my cell if you want!

I have a parts car you are welcome to borrow things off of!

I will be home all day working on my '92.

Oh yeah! I'm in Evergreen!!

Cell # 303.910.7398
Old 08-26-2003, 12:09 PM
tlemmons

Thanks Mile-hi and everyone else who checked the thread. I finally just had it towed to Subaru and they are looking at it. Hopefully wont cost to much