How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-08-2003, 05:44 PM
nervous

say its not so

I had svx now for a while and cant figure out why last person got rid of it. Everything works great ride is o so smooth. The only concern i have is its slow to go in reverse when its warm. I just put 1000 miles on it tranny fluid still looks and smells new. all foward gears shift great how much should i worry about this.
Old 08-09-2003, 05:34 PM
red95svx

D'oh!

From what I understand, one of the first signs of impending tranny problems is a delay going into reverse. Pray, my friend, pray!

Dave
Old 08-10-2003, 05:01 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

I can't comment on the R delay as I have no experience with that. I hope it turns out okay for you.
Old 08-10-2003, 08:59 AM
bmather

I can certainly relate to the term 'nervous'... With all the talk about transmissions and potential problems, can anyone suggest a suitable ext trans oil cooler that will actually fit in front of the AC rad? I have installed one (rectangular but small) and it was not possible to place behind the grill and in front of the AC rad. Placed it between the AC and the engine rad (not using the AC as you can imagine!) But there has to be a better solution.
Just bought the car a couple of weeks ago and its amazing to say the least...low 135km for a '92

Help on the trans rad would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-10-2003, 09:24 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
B&M # 70255 fits in front of the AC condensor.
What do you classify as delay? Every svx I've put in reverse takes about 1-2 seconds before you feel it engage. Drove a pathfinder (also 4eat) and it did the same thing.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 08-10-2003, 10:48 AM
nervous

The fist time it goes in R it goes in fast. After it warms up Ill put in R and let the idle move it to R. takes 2 or 3 seconds to feel it then its fine.
Old 08-10-2003, 11:27 AM
svxeno

Delay in engaging doesn't guarentee a problem but it's not the best of signs.

I've had two rebuilds and before the last one the tech said he had a concern about the delay. Good luck.

Randy ii