IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-23-2003, 06:10 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
Here ya go.

Subafreak, you sure that one wasnt' for the Loyale? What's wrong with her that she's on the DL anyway?
Old 06-23-2003, 05:16 PM
Superbeast

DL. Down Low? The Loyal is getting a EJ22 with a turbo and I'm modifying the bellhousing on the duel range tranny so I can still have low range. I'm also swaping the 3.90s for 4.11s and using an AWD transfer case with diff lock. This will be the best wheeling Subaru ever. With out just sticking straight axles under one.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 06-23-2003, 05:23 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
DL. Down Low? The Loyal is getting a EJ22 with a turbo and I'm modifying the bellhousing on the duel range tranny so I can still have low range. I'm also swaping the 3.90s for 4.11s and using an AWD transfer case with diff lock. This will be the best wheeling Subaru ever. With out just sticking straight axles under one.
You are my hero. Please post a video when this is done.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:32 PM
Superbeast

Like I have any idea how to post a video. I can take some pictures of the install after but thats about it. Maybe i'll take some video and bring it to Reading next year and then you can post it for me. Or maybe I'll just bring the car, I was eyeing some of thoes trails on the rally.

Old 06-23-2003, 06:13 PM
EverclearAtMSU

wow 60ft times are slow bad launch or does the 5spd not help that much?
Old 06-23-2003, 06:19 PM
Superbeast

Are you talking about my time slip? That was with auto still in it. As for my launch, that was the good one of the day. On my next run I almost took off in reverse.

Old 06-23-2003, 06:23 PM
Superbeast

See.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ts2.jpg (45.1 KB, 72 views)

Old 06-24-2003, 12:26 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU
wow 60ft times are slow bad launch or does the 5spd not help that much?
i didnt luanch the car aboe 3.5k, i really like how it has gears seriously though my car has 180k miles and piston slap, so my times are fairly acceptable if you ask me. The car is a boat and takes quite a bit of leg to get moving, i just dont want to destroy it. It would have gone low 15's with more of a beating, but when you pay 3 grand for something you dont want to blow it up(unlike 2 WRX owners that day)
phil
p.s.all this being said, i now now i leave on the last yellow, so dont make fun of my R/T !!!!!

Last edited by Phast SVX; 06-24-2003 at 01:03 AM.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:47 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Hey Phast.... I have some questions on how you launch the car.. Since I just got my tranny installed I am gonna be spending the first few weeks that I drive it going nice and slow and getting everything broke in right... When you do a 1/4 mile run or a 0-60 run, What do you rev the engine to and how do you treat the clutch??? I would assume that we have about the same clutch or close to it... I have the stock WRX flywheel and Pressure plate but a 6 puck Kevlar clutch disc.... It is suppose to hold 75% over stock so I am just wondering what to NOT do when and if I do drive "spiritedly".... Can ya fill me in on how to do the RIGHT thing??? Thanks!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-24-2003, 09:55 AM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
DL- Disabled List (not a baseball fan huh )

Thats pretty wild. Putting the best engine Subie ever made in the bad boy huh. I don't know about the straight axles though. Even Jeep is realizing that you get so much more out of an indie rear. What are you doing Sunday? Paul (moosens over on the Ultimate Subaru Website) is having a bbq clean out his garage day. Plenty of old school parts to go around! You need to provide your own beer though. If your intereste check out the meet and greet section over at the USMB or I can get you some directions. Looks like there will be 10 or so there.
Old 06-24-2003, 10:32 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Hey Phast.... I have some questions on how you launch the car.. Since I just got my tranny installed I am gonna be spending the first few weeks that I drive it going nice and slow and getting everything broke in right... When you do a 1/4 mile run or a 0-60 run, What do you rev the engine to and how do you treat the clutch??? I would assume that we have about the same clutch or close to it... I have the stock WRX flywheel and Pressure plate but a 6 puck Kevlar clutch disc.... It is suppose to hold 75% over stock so I am just wondering what to NOT do when and if I do drive "spiritedly".... Can ya fill me in on how to do the RIGHT thing??? Thanks!!!
I have the ACT extreme pressure plate and clutch pack. Launching the car all depends on if you wnt to be fast or you want everything to last(hah, i rhyme) Bring rpms up to desired RPM(Depending on how fast you want to go) and when the last yellow hits i flare and burn the clutch by gassing and letting out hte clutch to get a good movement. DONT do this unless you mean it, and disclaimer here it could drop a gear as it has in many WRX's, you dont know when it could happen. Also "popping" the clutch would lead to possibly a faster luanch, but is a definite no no. Hope this helps, its kind of hard to explain.
phil
Old 06-24-2003, 11:19 AM
abrasive personality

Send a message via AIM to NomadTW
i'm takin my auto svx to the track on thurs if it doesn't rain...

my awd is still broken and we've decided that being FWD makes the car faster

now to find out

do any of you auto guys break torque to launch? or do you neutral drop, or do you just jump on it?

expect poor reaction times and such as i won't be goin for RT because well i'm just racing for times not for bracket, and this will be my first time actually on the track
Old 06-24-2003, 03:39 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I asked porter if he had ever put his car in N and reved it and shoved it into gear... Here's what he told me.... Not an exact quote but pretty close...

Me: Hey man, have you ever reved your engine in Neutral and then just shoved it into gear??? Isn't that really bad for Autos???
Porter:Yea I've done it and yea it's really bad for Autos...
Me:how high did ya rev it???
Porter: Oh about 5,000rpms... It was cool cause all the tires spun for a sec....
Me: Holy ****!!! Your Tranny hasn't gone yet?!?!?!

His tranny still shifts pretty well so aparently that didn't wreck it completly....

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-24-2003, 03:54 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Quote:
Originally posted by NomadTW
do any of you auto guys break torque to launch? or do you neutral drop, or do you just jump on it?
Seeing as how I enjoy being able to drive my car, and I don't enjoy swapping trannies, I just jumped on it.

I'm SURE brake torqueing might help a little, but that would also create a LOT more heat, and a nuetral drop would also probably do it but that's a really good way to wreck a transmission.

- Rob
Old 06-24-2003, 06:39 PM
Porter

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
I asked porter if he had ever put his car in N and reved it and shoved it into gear... Here's what he told me.... Not an exact quote but pretty close...

Me: Hey man, have you ever reved your engine in Neutral and then just shoved it into gear??? Isn't that really bad for Autos???
Porter:Yea I've done it and yea it's really bad for Autos...
Me:how high did ya rev it???
Porter: Oh about 5,000rpms... It was cool cause all the tires spun for a sec....
Me: Holy ****!!! Your Tranny hasn't gone yet?!?!?!

His tranny still shifts pretty well so aparently that didn't wreck it completly....
I left out the part about the wet pavement. I'm kinda praying that the auto will blow up, but not too soon... I'm praying it'll blow up just as I have enough spare cash for a 5 speed box out of one of the new Turbo Foresters. Only then can I justify the expenditure... gotta keep the family accountant happy.

Of course, a complete motor rebuild would be really nice about that time too.... if only that green spendy stuff was more plentiful.