Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-13-2004, 04:12 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

Quote:
Originally posted by UberRoo
Noir, I presume you're referring to the pictures of my transfer clutch.

I wasn't having any binding problems - well, I was - but the problem was that it wasn't binding when it was supposed to.

My transfer clutch broke, and nobody would have been the wiser if it hadn't been for being able to light up the front tires from a stoplight. The clutch just snapped right off the shaft. Aside from not having AWD, it worked just fine - absolutely no binding at all. None. Not even when I wanted it.

The easy way to check for a broken transfer clutch basket is to pull speed sensor number two and check for metal shavings. (As per the picture in my locker.) If you want to tear it all apart anyway, go for it. I just want to make sure you know the problem I had wasn’t a binding problem.

...and I totally understand the Jack The Ripper thing. I do that to everything I own, regardless of whether it's working or not.
Yeah me too when I can.

Jack the Ripper, body bags and zippers.

I'm getting that grumbling grinding sounds when I turn the steering wheel and apply throttle. Figure the transfer clutch was having a problem. Took it to a Subaru dealership and they told me that it was the AWD clutches and that I would need a clutch pack. So I'm assuming it's the same thing. The bastards parts dude wouldn't give me the part number for me to see what it was. The cool service manager called the parts guy and asked for the part #. The parts guy told him to flock off so they didn't charge me for the inspection!

Meh, I'll just take it apart and see what's up...hope I can put it back together..

<Flashback to 5 years old taking the VCR apart and not being able to put it back together.>

Did I get an arse beating then.

BTW-are you Roo on Nasioc?
Old 11-13-2004, 05:30 PM
mark10t

Boy, I wish you were right.... I've owned my SVX for about 8 years now and it didn't prevent my getting leukemia:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=21241

An update to you all- my latest bone marrow biopsy shows the leukemia cells now down from 70% to 40%. Not as much as we hoped for, but we're going in the right direction at least.

-Mark
Old 11-13-2004, 06:24 PM
SVX Appeal

Noir, this is only Subaru forum I am a member of. (Mostly because it's a really great one.)

When my clutch basket broke, there was no outward indication whatsoever. It was completely silent. Now that I've fixed it, I sometimes notice a slight 'groaning' sound when turning sharply in a paved parking lot, particularly in reverse. If I manually engage the clutch, it's quite noticeable, but normally not something anyone but a highly attuned driver would notice.

Mark10t, down is good. I hope the SVX can knock off a few more percent for you.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to mudfoot76
Quote:
Originally posted by Lost_Thought
Do ya think we could get the FDA to approve it???

I'll gladly sign up for the clinical trials, especially if it means I get to have another SVX for a period of time
2005 Mini Cooper S
Sold: 1994 LS-L Laguna Blue [to sxewhodey]