Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-03-2004, 06:55 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
what to buy?

Getting a code 32 from my check engine light. Right side oxygen sensor. Car has 213K miles on it and drives pretty good despite her age. Also think i need to replace both ball joints (never been replaced) and I think i need the cradle mount that goes at the back of the engine where it meets the tranny. I think this because when i turn i feel some binding and i can hear the drive shaft hit against the heat sheild. This has happened once in my car already. Years ago I had to replace that mount and had the same symptoms. Yes, i've had my SVX for a long time and know way too much about this car.
Thing is for all those parts its like $400 and i'm getting ready to move so i'm trying to keep expenses low. Should i go ahead and spring for the parts or wait till after i move in mid-sept?

Parts breakdown:
20220PA000 Ball Joint Cp $57.11 x 2 = $114.22
22690AA180 Oxygen Sensor $91.40 x2 =$182.80
41022PA081 Cushion Rubber R $83.52 x1 =$83.52
Subtotal: $380.54
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 08-04-2004, 07:12 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Ray, you might be able to get the oxygen sensor and the ball joints cheaper at an auto parts store. Call around.

Good luck with your move, bud. Where ya headed?

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 08-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Send a message via AIM to halistan Send a message via MSN to halistan Send a message via Yahoo to halistan
Registered SVX
thats true

I may look around some more and see. SVXPERT said that he can help me get the parts i want. He priced them cheaper than subaruparts.com so i may just go with his offer. I really prefer OEM's better anyway. This is the first car that i have seen where aftermarket parts don't always work right. So with the SVX i just go with subaru for the most part now. It causes a lot less headache and the parts seem to last longer so the price is more justified.

I am moving to Dallas, Big D, Cowtown...whatever you want to call it I will no longer be in Kansas City WOO HOO!!!.

I know we have quite a few SVXers in Dallas or in that area at least. When i get down there we'll all have to get together. That unfortunatly will leave Kuo as the only remaining SVXer in KC. Gavin's not far though, being in St. Louis.

I take off towards the end of September so if anyone wants to get together while i'm still up here by all means, I'm up for it.

~Ray
All new and improved custom built engine with forged internals, lowered compression, upgraded cams and a stage III supercharger. AMR Engineering struts, Custom exhaust --All 3 Subaru cats removed, and replaced with 2 high flow mustang cats-- Cross-drilled & Slotted rotors, steel braided brake lines, bypassed stock Tranny cooler replaced with aftermarket B&M super-cooler, and a K&N drop in air filter.
Old 08-04-2004, 12:53 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

213 K miles?! Wow ur so lucky. Is that a rebuilt tranny or original?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 08-05-2004, 06:11 AM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX
2nd tranny

The first one didn't go out though. My Aunt who had the car before me was best friends with the suby dealer in CA where she lives. She had a 100K warranty on it and in 99 he was hearing a lot of stories about the early model SVX's tranny going bad so at like 98K miles she offered to replace it for her and put in a 97 transmission because it had a larger valvle body. I bought it right after that (anne doesn't drive anything out of warranty) and its been driving fine since then. Of course, as soon as i got it from her and joined the old yahoo club i bought a B&M tranny cooler and had it installed along with a filter.

~Ray
Old 08-05-2004, 10:32 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Hey i am buying a b&m cooler too...just out of curiosity how much did they charge you for the install?

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 08-05-2004, 12:35 PM
Grand Poo-Bah

Registered SVX
They charged me like $45 to install it. After that when we got marisa's SVX I bought one and installed it myself. Its not very hard, and takes about an hour to do. Just put it in front of the condensor and completely Bypass the stock cooler. It will reduce the running temp of your tranny from about 200-220 degrees to a cool 165.