Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-18-2003, 10:43 PM
Radio wiring harness guru
Subaru Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Tip- When you leave a note on a windshield, check the weather forecast...

I walked back to my SVX early Wenesday morning, after seeing the Lord of the Rings "Trilogy Tuesday" (awesome... definitely worth the sore neck -- seeing all three movies back-to-back is the way to do it!). It was raining, so I hurredly climbed in and hit the road.

It wasn't until a mile later (on the freeway on-ramp) that I noticed a little white square just below the windshield wiper on the driver's side. At first I thought maybe it was a leaf, but quickly realized it was a piece of paper. "They wouldn't give me a ticket in a theater parking lot," I thought to myself. "Did somebody dent my car and leave a note?" I wondered.

So I pulled off at the next exit, found a place with a covered drive-through to park under, and grabbed the paper.

The top half was crumpled and erased. But on the bottom I could still read...

Quote:
...are not here is the address:

http://www.subaru-svx.net

nice Laguna blue by the way. Wonder if you are SVXdc.

-Harry "Noir" on the svx.net forums
The lesson from this is: If the forecast calls for rain, consider finding a plastic sleeve of some sort.

Yeah, I know, you probably didn't have anything handy. But had I driven a few more miles, I wouldn't have been able to read any of it, and would forever have been wondering what it was.

Oh, and I'm disappointed, Harry, that you didn't recognize me by the skydiving sticker on the rear window. Of the few blue SVXs out there, I'll bet only a tiny minority have those.
Old 12-18-2003, 11:39 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
My favorite windshield note story:

My former boss (who wasn't too bright) had been looking for a GMC Safari van of a specific color and with a certain trim package. We were driving down the street when he saw one parked at the curb with all his requirements. He pulled over, took out his business card and quickly wrote something on it, jumped out of the car, stuck the card under the windshield wiper and returned to the car.

The next day, he recieved a call from an irate husband (the husband of the lady who drove the van). He wanted to know WHY he was leaving notes on his wife's van and asked how he could be stupid enough to write a note to his wife on the back of his business card. Apparently, my boss explained, to the man's satisfaction, and the husband no longer felt it necessary to come to our offices and beat the living s**t out of my boss.

After listening to the story of how this guy chewed him out, and he explained that he left the note because he would like to buy their van (which, wasn't for sale, by the way), I asked, "What did you write on that card, anyway?" He informed me that he'd written only two words: "I'm Interested." I don't think he ever understood why the guy was so angry.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-19-2003, 10:40 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

hehe, all i had was a pencil and a small notepad on me that i carry to scribble on when needed .

i recognized the diving sticker, but the gwinnett tag threw me off because i thought that you were a marietta resident. i assumed that because the car was ice cold that the movie that the owner was watching would be out soon and while the sun was out at time i wrote the note, i gambled on the likelyhood that you would be out within the next thirty minutes to the hour. i didn't realize that they had a lord of the rings marathon going on inside of regal .

well it was nice to see your beautiful svx. every so often you will see a white pearly with military parking passes and another blue svx with yellow vinel 'SVX' and racing stripes on it in the parking lot of that theater if you frequent that particular one.

i've met the owners of the other svx's, although there is a nice silver one that roams around that i have not been able to catch. but apparently some wrx'ers saw your blue svx with gwinnett tags on 285 . they give me reports whenever they see a svx and i thought i was amusing that i saw yours at the regal the same day i got the sighting info!

well take care david.
Old 12-19-2003, 10:57 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

For any of you that are interested I can make cards and laminate them... I made some for myself that I keep in the car with me incase I run into an SVX... I can personalize them... Have a Digital Camera, BIG Color Lazer Jet printer, Two (2) Computers at my disposal on my desk, Scanner, and plenty of card stock and laminating sheets... They look pretty good... Le me know if ya want some and I can either do them and print them up and send them to ya or I can e-mail them to ya and ya can take them to Staples or soemthing and get them printed off there...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 12-19-2003, 01:56 PM
JLittell

You people don't carry a laminator in your trunks!!