Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-24-2003, 07:03 AM
6evil9

Rough iddle issue (still)

hi everyone (again )
(I KNOW ITS COMMONG ISSUE SO COULD BE INTERESTED FOR SOME..)

just continue and summurizing my other thread....

I got rough iddle and bad acceleration from stand still until my revs reach 2500rpms, then the car goes with its normal power...feels like turbo tho lols

ok when i start car it works ok for first few mins...well maybe coz rpms around 1000 on idle maybe just its cold....
then it starts to choke on traffic lights when i stay...quite interesting to notice that sometimes its ok for 10-30 seconds after driving but then it start to choke...

and it goes absolutely fine on the road or motorway so wont be petrol pump...

k its all started when i changed sparks to proper platinum once (most expensive once i can get ova here)...
so i suspect i could touch something i should not ...like some vacuum hose... and wont be sparks themselves...

So far: i checked spakrs, contacts on em, coils, found that its global petrol/air problem as by unpluging injectors 1 by 1 (i.e. having 5 cyllinders working at the time) which gave same result for all 6 cases...- car was choking to death but still has not stalled

so it works bad with revs under 2000-2500 , sounds like when u have empty tank and petrol sometimes does not come into engine.

SO WHAT CAN IT BE? pls help as i spent quite long time figuring out.

addition: i replaced that vacuum hose from manifold to injectors and i have bad PCV valve which im replacing eventually...

ok so far i ve heard of Iddle air control valve..which still dunno where it is.. :s

cheers... hope to hear from u soon

oh yup...
fuel filter was replaced 13,000 kms ago to standard subaru one....

another crazy thought: if there s a inproper fuel hose somewhere... and it s clogging up?? more revs more pressure..petrol goes in da car...i stop...petrol does not come in properly..so car chokes...
any way check it and not unplugging every fuel hose?
Old 09-24-2003, 01:14 PM
Got Dirt?

If you have yet to do so, follow the instructions on the thread below to check your codes:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...&threadid=8267
1992 SVX LS-L (#645 - 04/91) 164K miles - sold.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:21 PM
6evil9

nah man the engine check light does not come on

so i think there wont be any new codes there

but i had light coming on for oxygen sensor for a while few months ago
but does not happen anymore

yeah so i think its something simpler, like some hose or valve or **** like that
Old 09-24-2003, 07:39 PM
The Molinator

Question IAC valve?

You could take the throttle body (with IAC valve) off and clean with carburetor cleaner [not too hard]. There are threads about this - go to SEARCH.

Maybe throttle position sensor (TPS) on driver side of throttle body>>easy to remove, easy to clean (may need replacing?) Go to SEARCH for TPS clean (might be Trevor's?)

I'm not a mechanic, etc., etc., etc.>> Just things I've heard about here. Use this info at your own risk, of course.

GOOD LUCK!
2013 Veloster Red - Driver Now??Dropsprings [1/2" rear, 1" front] with Koni Strut Inserts> Magnaflow Exhaust System> ECUTune Stage 1av1 Upgrade (from 1v4)> ECUTune TCU MOD> Aluminum Crankshaft Pulley> Stainless Brake Lines> Phenolic Spacers> Perforated Brake Rotors (dint like, OEM now)> SmallCar Shift Kit (resting since TCU MOD)> 7-Position Ground System> High-Pressure Fuel Pressure Regulator (resting)> ATF Cooler & Campaign Filter> Yellow Polish Polyurethane Bushings> Pioneer Double-DIN Stereo with JL AUDIO Speakers> Driveshaft Rebuilt with C-Clip U-Joints> 15 Min MOD> 20 Min MOD .. . (2011)
Valentine One Radar Detector with Remote Display - ucan'tseeme!
Old 09-28-2003, 12:57 AM
6evil9

stil same old :(

Hi everyone

ok i ve cleaned the throttle body last nite, was not tooo hard but was kinda pain to get it and put it back...remembered all idiot subaru engeneers who designed it that way but anyways

throttle body cleaned, tps set to 0.5 volts...weird by my throttle was not that dirty as i expected and nothing was clogged..same rough idle and plus when i drive 80kmh+ with less then 2100rpms my car goes really weird like cough ...shakes ...push the accelerator revs up to 2500 and its all sweet...
had that b4 but not that often...weird

where is IAC valve and how do u imagine cleaning TPS ...just where can it get dirty??...if u disasembled it then u would ask same question...

but dont do it unless u have voltmeter to measure 0.01 v...lols

anyways changing 80% of my vacuum hoses in 2-4 days plus pcv valve hoses and cleaning pcv valve and taking manifold out soon... curiousity s bad thing lols
but well learning when u see it is much better then when u read bout it....
and 1 more thing...can the fuel system cleaner screw up the hoses so they swell and the inner diameter gets really small so no petrol on low revs...??
Old 09-28-2003, 01:28 AM

Registered SVX
Sergi,

I have done all I can at this stage by answering your PM and you know where I live and have my phone number.

You have been very thoughtful in taking the time to set out here what you have done so far and this will be interesting and useful to members. We will all help as much as we can.

You WILL win, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!