How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-21-2003, 04:44 PM
Locker Link Solution

BCA bearings?

Does anyone know what $170 gets you at motorsports?
Is it worth it?

I looked up the bearings to find that the bca bearing is about $50. So is that just his price, or does it come with more? Seals? aftermarket lube? I'd like to get them from someone in the svx community, but not if it'll cost almost twice as much.

Thanks for reading.
-Mike
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 08-21-2003, 08:46 PM

if you can get them for 50 each then I would get them at that price. I paid about 62 each before I knew much about the forum parts community. Then had to add in the 4 seals @ somewhere around 10 each. and that doesn't count the fact that the BCA catalog lists the wrong seals (at least it did about a year ago, may still) and I had to find another supplier AFTER I had the hub apart.

the price at Motorsposts may be a bit high, but each region has it's own price points, and I've seen Dayle offer discounts to repeat customers (although I haven't been one myself - yet).
Old 08-21-2003, 11:59 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by lee
if you can get them for 50 each then I would get them at that price. I paid about 62 each before I knew much about the forum parts community. Then had to add in the 4 seals @ somewhere around 10 each. and that doesn't count the fact that the BCA catalog lists the wrong seals (at least it did about a year ago, may still) and I had to find another supplier AFTER I had the hub apart.

the price at Motorsposts may be a bit high, but each region has it's own price points, and I've seen Dayle offer discounts to repeat customers (although I haven't been one myself - yet).
i beleive dayles price includes hubs. email dayle@motorsportwarehouse.com and see what he says.
phil
Old 08-22-2003, 03:31 PM
wolf33h

BCA Bearing

When I planned to replace my passenger side rear wheel bearing, and having heard many horror stories about the Subaru bearings, I bought a BCA bearing for $51.79 + shipping from RockAuto.com (BCA 516003) which came in a box with BCA Federal Mogul Bearings inscription. No seals are included. I just took out the bearing from my SVX, and compared the markings on the bearing itself. They are IDENTICAL, with one small difference.
The BCA bearing has NTN 4T-CRI-08A02.....JAPAN EN.., but the Subaru bearing (beaten up on the inner side) has the identical marking (NTN.....) except for JAPAN AN. I posted a question about the bearing origin, but has not gotten any answer. Hope this helps!
wolf33h
Old 08-23-2003, 10:59 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Re: BCA Bearing

Quote:
Originally posted by wolf33h
When I planned to replace my passenger side rear wheel bearing, and having heard many horror stories about the Subaru bearings, I bought a BCA bearing for $51.79 + shipping from RockAuto.com (BCA 516003) which came in a box with BCA Federal Mogul Bearings inscription. No seals are included. I just took out the bearing from my SVX, and compared the markings on the bearing itself. They are IDENTICAL, with one small difference.
The BCA bearing has NTN 4T-CRI-08A02.....JAPAN EN.., but the Subaru bearing (beaten up on the inner side) has the identical marking (NTN.....) except for JAPAN AN. I posted a question about the bearing origin, but has not gotten any answer. Hope this helps!
wolf33h
a give me a call when your ready for the bearing, or e-mail me i got dozens in stock front and rear and seal and the only greese you should be running
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 08-23-2003, 11:00 PM
MINEZ BETTER

Re: Re: BCA Bearing

Quote:
Originally posted by jsvxstyle

a give me a call when your ready for the bearing, or e-mail me i got dozens in stock front and rear and seal and the only greese you should be running
oh yea its all original too.
you can ask huck 369. he will tellyou my service
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon