Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 08-16-2003, 02:35 PM

Question Door Locks

HI, I have a 1992 SVX, and I just bought a keyless remote battery. The remote works fine now. It arms/disarms the alarm and locks/unlocks the passenger side door. The problem is that it doesn't lock or unlock the drivers side door. I took the door panel off and couldn't see andything that might be a cuase. I hear the motor working, but the lock doesnt move. I can only lock the drivers side door with the key or from the inside. Another thing is that both door locks do not seem to be connected anymore...like when I got the car I could unlock the drivers door and the passenger side would unlock also, but now they are independent of each other. Thanks for any help
Old 08-18-2003, 07:34 PM

If the remote is working and alarms/locks/unlocks the passenger side I believe both the security module and the door lock timer can be eliminated as a cause. If you hear the driver's side motor turning yet it only locks/unlocks via key, I would suspect something has broken or come apart inside the door lock assembly on the driver's side. My first guess would be the pin that physically connects the motor assembly to the mechanical part of the lock.

You need to remove the driver's side door panel for a physical inspection, then have handy a VOM to test the circuits if the pin is OK. To see & verify the pin you probably will have to remove the lock assembly or have some small mirror assembly. There are (I think) 7 wires in the driver's door, 3 in the passenger side, so not too much to test.

I've had the doors apart several times and am willing to walk you through this is you have the time & tools...let me know.